Bruschi defensive index

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Bruschi defensive index

Tedy came up with his own system to rank the defenses:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4752767/introducing-the-bruschi-defensive-index

Much better than just YPG. The only surprise to me is to see the Bengals at 13.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Bruschi defensive index

I love this statement: 

It is uncharacteristic to see the Steelers so low. 

Uncharacteristic because of the long running history of this index? It's the first time the index has been used!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Further proof that if the specific numbers that support your preconceived notion are not currently extant, it's perfectly okay to . . .   you know . . .   contrive you some new numbers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Ironic it's an index with a set of metrics that make freaking sense for once!  

Pitt entered this past week as the "4th ranked" D. Give me a break!  Anyone could see how slow and old they are, with some poor recent drafts and a cap hell setting them back.

As suggested, NE features one of the best Ds in the AFC.

Thanks, BB.

why do metrics make sense when you like the results, but dont make sense when you dislike the results?

didnt you say Bruschi was a hack?

if this info came from ESPN stats and info, which it did, isnt the info anti BB?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Panthers game is going to be tough...very good defense and Cam is rolling

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Yeah... that point jumped out of those rankings for me too.  Also how 3rd down % is dragging Pats D down.  (21st rank)

But look at KC...  Ranked 1st in almost all categories...  Guess its not smoke and mirrors over there. ...lol.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Yeah... that point jumped out of those rankings for me too.  Also how 3rd down % is dragging Pats D down.  (21st rank)

But look at KC...  Ranked 1st in almost all categories...  Guess its not smoke and mirrors over there. ...lol.

I am not sold on HC or Smith. I need them to prove they can score 25 plus points to win and come from behind to win. I dont think they can do either

I think Denver beats them both games, they split with SD, lose to Wash and Indy....11-5

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I am not sold on HC or Smith. I need them to prove they can score 25 plus points to win and come from behind to win. I dont think they can do either

I think Denver beats them both games, they split with SD, lose to Wash and Indy....11-5

Wow ...  If  that pans out , You should move to vegas.   Would like to see Denver get knocked off a couple more times...  KC does have a history of fading out at the end, based on previous years.  This year seems different just because of Reid.  Smith just keeps winning in game manager style.  We shall see . 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Obviously the homer's clinging to the ppg stat over the years was a foolish view of the big picture. Objective analysis considers at least yards and scoring, and other factors can tweak those basics as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

PPG is as perfect a metric can be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What does BB have 1 loss in his career off a Bye week?

No dumbkoff. Don't lie now.

BB had 4 losses off a bye week in 5 seasons with the Browns. (And one loss with Bledsoe as his QB in NE.)

That's 5 losses off a bye in 6 seasons until Brady came into his world.

Village Imbecile bludgeoned yet again, and the day is still young. LMAO@U

It's so much fun making you look the the fool you are; and you make it so easy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

This is pretty simplistic, and doesn't do anything that Defensive DVOA doesn't already do much better. I guess it's better than just evaluating a defense based on yards allowed or what have you, and all of the rankings are objective (so it's not a completely opaque, narrative-adjusted nonsense statistic like QBR), so that's a positive. But I hate ESPN acting like they're breaking new ground here by averaging four 1-32 rankings of pretty common stats together.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

BB had 4 losses off a bye week in 5 seasons with the Browns. (And one loss with Bledsoe as his QB in NE.)

With Bledsoe?  I am talking about here since 2001 with Brady.

The Browns? I am a Pats fan.  I don't care about the Cleveland Browns.

I believe BB and the Pats have only lost once off the Bye. I want to say it was within the last couple seasons.

ONCE

You can't change facts, Diapers.  Can't do it.

LMAO The Village Imbecile runs with his tail between his legs. Perfect.

Yeah dumbkoff. BB has been doing great since Brady came his way. The rest of us knew that right along.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Wow ...  If  that pans out , You should move to vegas.   Would like to see Denver get knocked off a couple more times...  KC does have a history of fading out at the end, based on previous years.  This year seems different just because of Reid.  Smith just keeps winning in game manager style.  We shall see . 

When I think of K.C., I think of Herm Edwards in the playoffs and scoring like 2 field goals when they had the great Larry Johnson. Same thing then. Good D, Good run game, but a chitty QB who wont make mistakes but also wont win games. They have a defense that has held every opponent under 17 points but their opponents have all S*cked unfortunately. After Sunday, I dont think We have to worry about KC holding us under 17 if we played. Put some points up early, go up 14-0 and see how they play then.  I bet Reid reverts back to old ways. How are they gonna keep pace with Denver? only hope is if the D still remember how Romeo used to scheme for Manning and can stil execute multiple looks.

This is why it is important to have balance if even if you have a great QB(see last game)

Just think....KC almost lost to Buffalo with NO qb just because they have 2 great backs. Spillar and Jackson if running well can be an offense by themselves. KC is all defense and All run game. Great for the playoffs actually until you meet a team that can score.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Been thinking that too

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Been thinking that too

Ditto.

The Panthers game could be trouble but what has me feeling pretty good is the Patriots are like 9-1 over the last 10 years coming off bye.  What has me a bit nervous is could the Pats be thinking ahead to the Denver game? 

I am starting to feel a little better about the Denver game.  From a Denver perspective they play the Chargers this weekend and then the Pats game is bookended by Chiefs games so this could be a very big advantage for the Patriots.  Four very tough games in a row for the Broncos. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Ironic it's an index with a set of metrics that make freaking sense for once!  

Pitt entered this past week as the "4th ranked" D. Give me a break!  Anyone could see how slow and old they are, with some poor recent drafts and a cap hell setting them back.

As suggested, NE features one of the best Ds in the AFC.

Thanks, BB.

Actually, you said that the Patriots had the best D in the NFL.  It was on display against the Steelers.  This after giving up how many points to the high scoring Jets?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

With Bledsoe?  I am talking about here since 2001 with Brady.

The Browns? I am a Pats fan.  I don't care about the Cleveland Browns.

I believe BB and the Pats have only lost once off the Bye. I want to say it was within the last couple seasons.

ONCE

You can't change facts, Diapers.  Can't do it.

LMAO The Village Imbecile runs with his tail between his legs. Perfect.

Yeah dumbkoff. BB has been doing great since Brady came his way. The rest of us knew that right along.

BB drafted Brady and promoted him.  You can't be this stupid, but you are, Diapers.

I've already bludgeoned you even more senseless than you already are on this one dumbkoff. First, Brady is the luckiest pick in NFL history, and second, BB the GM merely acquiesced to the constant drone from Rehbein to draft Brady.

BB the coach saw greatness and ran with it. I've always said he is the best coach in the game.

You lose again Megatool. LMAO@U

No way you are a college graduate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

BB loves QBs who want to move from the pocket. What does BB have 1 loss in his career off a Bye week?

Carolina is struggling to score points and they haven't really played anyone either.

Is that why last week when he was miked up he was yelling to keep Ben inside the pocket? You really have no clue but you keep yapping away

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not true per Babe. BB, as Pats coach after promoting Brady, has far more than 1 loss after a Bye week in his career.

The info you're referring to is right in this thread.

This is a sorry attempt at spinning yourself out of yet another total lie.

Your days are getting worse.

Signed,

Tommy Kelly

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I think kc is underrated here. I think Denver is a bit overrated

Alex Smith is a smart 1qb who doesn't make mistakes and is never asked to do too much. he made great throws against the Giants and had a great run. SFs ST lost the game and the Giants should have lost. instead they beat us. I disagreed with benching him in favor of Kaepernick last year , I know I am in the minority.

KC also has a great rb which against the Denver D may keep PM off the field

the donkeys Oline hasn't hurt them yet, but I think it will agaist KCs front 7 . I see PM hitting the ground a lot

Others may be right on KC but I see at worst a split between them, and as it gets colder I think PM will falter

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

in this case Tedi is much more correct than wrong.The only thing missing is how much time you take away from your offense to score, 3rd down efficiency should be added?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What is the lie?   BB has only lost one game off the BYe in his career here after promiting Brady in 2001.

Not a lie at all. That's a fact.  Give BB 2 weeks to prepare and he rarely loses. Everyone knows this, unless of course you're a casual fan moron like yourself.  The only playoff loss was to the Jets and that was because Brady sucked. lmao

The lie is that you said in his career and now have changed your tune when proven a liar.

It's okay.  It's not unexpected.  You lie about everything.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Been thinking that too

Ditto.

The Panthers game could be trouble but what has me feeling pretty good is the Patriots are like 9-1 over the last 10 years coming off bye.  What has me a bit nervous is could the Pats be thinking ahead to the Denver game? 

I am starting to feel a little better about the Denver game.  From a Denver perspective they play the Chargers this weekend and then the Pats game is bookended by Chiefs games so this could be a very big advantage for the Patriots.  Four very tough games in a row for the Broncos. 

Not true per Babe. BB, as Pats coach after promoting Brady, has far more than 1 loss after a Bye week in his career.

^ Another lie from the born LIAR. Nothing new. I didn't say that. A day connot go by without you lying. And you are so bold or stupid about it the proof of you lies are right in this thread and you still do it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

What is the lie?   BB has only lost one game off the BYe in his career here after promiting Brady in 2001.

Not a lie at all. That's a fact.  Give BB 2 weeks to prepare and he rarely loses. Everyone knows this, unless of course you're a casual fan moron like yourself.  The only playoff loss was to the Jets and that was because Brady sucked. lmao

The lie is that you said in his career and now have changed your tune when proven a liar.

It's okay.  It's not unexpected.  You lie about everything.

Yes, he is an intolerable liar and spin artist. He does it constantly.

He said;

"What does BB have 1 loss in his career off a Bye week?"

Then changed it to;

"BB has only lost one game off the BYe in his career here after promiting Brady in 2001."

Could he be such a pathological liar that he doesn't even realize he does this?

That's okay. He keeps lying, and I keep bludgeoning him. LMAO

Sections
Shortcuts