Bruschi: Patriots must pay Mankins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Re: Bruschi: Patriots must pay Mankins

In Response to Re: Bruschi: Patriots must pay Mankins:
    Kid, when you graduate high school, let us know.   Until then, you can give up trying to pretend you somehow have better reasoning skills than I do because it ain't working.  Your pea brain doesn't have the capacity to understand multiple contexts at once. It's never ALL ABOUT one particular thing when talking about a team sport, Einstein. My premise about Flacco would be that he improved STATISTICALLY because his running game got better, just as Matt Ryan regressed a little because his running game got worse in support his passing stats. Michael Turner ran for half the yards, hence why Matt Ryan struggled to improve statistically. Overall, Flacco regressed a little by not leading his team back to the Title game, arguably with a better overall offense in place.  Gee, Ray Rice rushing for 440 yards or 1300 yards?   Hmm. That's pretty simple.   DUMMY
    Posted by russgriswold

Rusty - If you are not going to allow for an individual's own statistics to provide some level of proof he improved because he is a part of a team, then you cannot use the team's regression from as proof that he did not.  

Beyond that an entire team is composed of not only offense but also defense and special teams.  a team's lack of improvement may have everything to do with the defense not being as good or special teams regressing or both and nothing at all to do with the offense.   

And, of course, the Ravens had the excellence of Ray Rice last year, but in fact, in 08 the team rushed for more yards (that was the stat you used) in total than they did last year.  So, were they really improved on offense?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Bruschi is trying to excel at what he does, he is no longer a "Patriot" and he knows this. I respect his willingness to take an adversarial stand.

Bruschi says to sign Mankins, so do I. But that's not how the Pats do contracts. I trust Mankins and the Pats are hammering out a reasonable contract. Mankins is a solid starting OL, durable, good with pass protection and with the run. I hope this works out for him and the Pats. If the Pats do not sign him prior to June 15th then this will be Mankins last year as a Pat.

If a new deal is not worked out, Mankins will take a pay cut next year just to stick it to the Pats. The man has his own set of values and he will stick to them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

There's a lot in this thread upon which I do not care to comment, and I couldn't say with any degree of accuracy exactly how many people outside greater New England actually hate the Pats. But I live in Minneapolis, and I once actually heard with my own ears a guy say this:

"Yeah, sure, they won all those Super Bowls, but they were never the best team any of those years."

Sometimes you just have to chuckle and walk away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

There's a lot in this thread upon which I do not care to comment, and I couldn't say with any degree of accuracy exactly how many people outside greater New England actually hate the Pats. But I live in Minneapolis, and I once actually heard with my own ears a guy say this: "Yeah, sure, they won all those Super Bowls, but they were never the best team any of those years." Sometimes you just have to chuckle and walk away.
    Posted by p-mike

There are two ways of looking at that. Either you are the best team because you won the Super Bowl or the best team doesn't always win. Do you think that the Patriots were the best team in those three years?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

There's a lot in this thread upon which I do not care to comment, and I couldn't say with any degree of accuracy exactly how many people outside greater New England actually hate the Pats. But I live in Minneapolis, and I once actually heard with my own ears a guy say this: "Yeah, sure, they won all those Super Bowls, but they were never the best team any of those years." Sometimes you just have to chuckle and walk away.
    Posted by p-mike

I've heard similar comments in different parts of the U.S., but the same people dislike the Cowboys and Steelers too...  I think it's easy to "hate"  multiple super bowl winners when one's own team may be cellar dwellers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Bruschi: Patriots must pay Mankins : There are two ways of looking at that. Either you are the best team because you won the Super Bowl or the best team doesn't always win. Do you think that the Patriots were the best team in those three years?
    Posted by waldorff

It's true enough the best team doesn't always win, although the argument that the team that wins is, ipso facto, the best can also be made. I would listen to someone who argued that the team that beat the Rams was not the best team in the league. I'm not sure I would hear any argument about the other two, 'though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Bill Belichick has NEVER lost a game - signed russgriswold

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Russ, You wrote; "The best team is the whole with the sum of its parts working as one.". That is absolutely true and something many sports fans don't get.

Living in NE and following the Pats for years allowed us to see how Parcells and then Belichick did business. Parcells and Belichick both focus on one game at a time, while also recognizing the sum of the 16 game season. This is a chess match, each game is a singular chess match, the sixteen game season is a different kind of chess match, and the entire off season is yet a different type of chess match. That is why NE is in the position we are in. We have the best chess master to ever manage the game, season, and off season in the era of the salary cap. This is what frustrates so many fans in other parts of the country. They are just looking at a Sunday product.

What a great time to be a Pats fan and football fan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I didn't read all the posts here because I got tired of reading all the childish back and forth bashing over tedious and pointless positions so perhaps this was brought up already.  Kraft said the other day that Mankins and Brady will both be with the team long term.  He said that about Wilfork too before his deal got done.  Since Kraft ultimately holds the purse strings I have to believe Mankins will get a deal, the question is when and for how much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I didn't read all the posts here because I got tired of reading all the childish back and forth bashing over tedious and pointless positions so perhaps this was brought up already.  Kraft said the other day that Mankins and Brady will both be with the team long term.  He said that about Wilfork too before his deal got done.  Since Kraft ultimately holds the purse strings I have to believe Mankins will get a deal, the question is when and for how much.
    Posted by Faucetman

Can't say I blame you for feeling that way. I apologize for my boorish and childish behavior and will cease and desist....