Bruschi to annouce his retirement today...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KC20. Show KC20's posts

Re: Bruschi to annouce his retirement tomorrow...

In Response to Re: Bruschi to annouce his retirement tomorrow...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruschi to annouce his retirement tomorrow... : Well that's an overstatement. He's made many big plays over the past four year -- just maybe not as many as the four years before that.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KC20. Show KC20's posts

Overstatement ?  I don't think so.  Since 2005, he had 1 interception, 1 forced fumble and 5 1/2 sacks in 53 regular season games.  In playoff games during those years, he had a goose egg in the same catagories.  Great Patriot, great leader and a great guy.  But facts are facts.  He has not been the same impact player since the 2004.  The drop-off has been significant and undeniable.  It doesn't change how I look at his career but like I said, it is time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Re: Bruschi to annouce his retirement today...

Even as a Colt fan, I gotta say I'm sorry to see him go.  A class act all the way.  (Perhaps the only class act on this cheatin' team.)  I kid, I kid... ;)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrenchwear. Show wrenchwear's posts

i've watched you since college... thank you

you made the ARIZONA team one of the best they ever had... then to the pats. thank you. enjoy your kids, your wife, your life. you are a true inspiration and hero in a time when we are sorely lacking them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

[QUOTE]maybe he'll come back as a coach and be our d coordinator..
    Posted by Irkillendem

[/QUOTE]i would love to see tedy back in the sidelines as a coach/coordinator. imagine if he and vrabel goes back to the team as a coach/coordinator, that would be neat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Tedy or in the stadium Bruuuuuuuuu. You are the kind of player, warrior that every NFL player should be made to study upun entering th league. We were so fortunate to have you on our team for all these years. You  will always be a Patriot. Thanks could never say enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hatetoblog. Show hatetoblog's posts

Thank you Teddy, for not only what you did on the field, but for stroke survivors  your courage and strength has helped and touched so many.  myself included....  Thank you so much.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamasap. Show iamasap's posts

My favorite memory of Teddy (and there are many to choose from) was a game against the steelers. The bus had just made a run through the middle and bowled over some defensive back and then stood on top of him while he was on his back and start shouting at him to rub it in. A play or two later they ran the same play with the bus and just as he got through the line and was about to burst he was stood up in his track by a single player...Bruschi..who threw him to the ground. Bruschi then stood over him with a few choice words of his own.  It was awesome. I'm sure it will not be on his highlight reel but it was a memorable moment.  Thanks for all the memories Teddy. You are a Patriot hall of famer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

In Response to Re: Bruschi to annouce his retirement today...:
    [QUOTE]My favorite memory of Teddy (and there are many to choose from) was a game against the steelers. The bus had just made a run through the middle and bowled over some defensive back and then stood on top of him while he was on his back and start shouting at him to rub it in. A play or two later they ran the same play with the bus and just as he got through the line and was about to burst he was stood up in his track by a single player...Bruschi..who threw him to the ground. Bruschi then stood over him with a few choice words of his own.  It was awesome. I'm sure it will not be on his highlight reel but it was a memorable moment.  Thanks for all the memories Teddy. You are a Patriot hall of famer.
    Posted by iamasap[/QUOTE]
    Number 54 will never again be seen playing for the Pats.My favorite memory though is of Tedy and his boys playing on the field before the Super Bowl.His intensity and intelligence will be hard to match.Thank you Tedy,you will be missed very much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

What a class act he is. He wanted to play solely for the Patriots. He negotiated his own contracts and passed on free agent opportunities to stay and play in New England.

I hope we can find a spot for him as an assistant coach in the coming years. His intelligence and passion for the game of football would certainly translate into a great coaching career. I can't even imagine him coaching on another team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CCJRMOM. Show CCJRMOM's posts

You earned it Teddy.  Enjoy your life with your wife and sons.  Hope to see you back on the sidelines as others have said teaching these young guns what it means to be a Patriot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from James75. Show James75's posts

I'll remember three rings, leadership, enthusiasm, football smarts and of course... snow balls in the air! Thanks for a great career, Tedy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from congkng. Show congkng's posts

One of the all time Patriot greats. Can't think of more than a handful of players I enjoyed watching as much as Tedy. Unmatched in his energy, desire, passion for the game, the fans and his teammates. Tedy only knew one way to play and that was full tilt, no holds barred, on every single play. Watching how hard he played, how much he loved playing and loved the game was privilege for not only Patriots fans but for all football fans. Thanks Tedy...the playing days may may be over but you'll always have a place in Foxboro...looking forward to the day you're enshrined in the Patriots HOF.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from khyzak81. Show khyzak81's posts

Uh, Tedy, remember that Miami game in the snow?  You made an, um, interception and returned it for a touchdown?  And everyone started throwing snow up in the air?  Remember that? . . .  That was awesome. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from flbeatrices. Show flbeatrices's posts

Tedy,

Thank you for the wonderful memories!

I am getting misty-eyed reading these stories and fan comments. Your dedication, work ethic and loyalty are unmatched by any athlete in any sport. You were the keystone to a defense that gave Pats fans of all generations the best teams in the NFL and the best memories. When you guys ran on to the field as a team before SB XXXVI, we all knew great things were in store. We will always remember and revere you as being the ultimate TEAM player.

Have a blessed and productive post-playing life (hopefully with the Pats organization).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tollandk. Show tollandk's posts

It's a little ironic, just as one Ted passes his legacy on to a new generation, Tedy passes his legacy onto a new generation.  Thanks Tedy for all you have done for this team, stroke survivors and the many people who had given up on honesty, integrity and the true competitive spirit that used to be a part of the NFL.  Please stay around to coach and teach others who come after you what that spirit is.  God has blessed you with a wonderful family, great friends, a strong career and the ability to continue to tell your story. It is an amazing one, so continue to tell it loud and strong!  We will be blessed to hear it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shmessy1. Show shmessy1's posts

What he did in 2005 transcends sports and I've seen the inspiration he effected.

To the Bruschi family, enjoy many years of health and happiness.

May your years be filled with joy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from promag. Show promag's posts

The Spring after the Pats first Super Bowl title, I was involved in a fundraiser at the prestigious, but cash-strapped, Longy School of Music in Cambridge. Long story short: I knew Tedy had played saxophone in high school and we'd met at an NFL Players Association gathering several months before. I reached out to him, asking if he'd like to play Symphony Hall. As a former musician, he couldn't resist the invite and started practicing. When he got to rehearsal and found that he would be playing along with a quintet of nine-year-olds, he was ecstatic and had a blast. He performed with them at Symphony Hall and returned at least twice more to participate in the event in subsequent years. I feel certain he helped the school raise more money than any other guest. One of the truly great guys, he will be missed on the field, but his kindness will surely carry on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zulu7. Show zulu7's posts

!!! CONGRATULATIONS TEDY !!!
      Good luck to you sir as you enter the next phase of life of your amazing life!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrambled-eggs. Show scrambled-eggs's posts

[QUOTE]One of the all-time great Patriots but let's face it, he hasn't made a big play in the past 4 years.  It's time.
    Posted by KC20[/QUOTE]

How about the AFC playoff game Vs San Diego? 2 years ago. You can make an arguement the Pats only won that day because of Tedy's contributions in the red zone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

Good luck to the Bruschi family and their future endeavors. I'll be looking out for coach Bruschi on the sidelines in the near future.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Thank you Teddy!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruschi to annouce his retirement tomorrow... : What is a true Patriot?  One that cheats his entire career, stealing from the fans, the sport and it's history?  A team that would have been lucky to sniff a Superbowl if they didn't make a rule up for you (tuck rule) hahahahah.. .  Or is a true Patriot a big pu$ $ie, and has to have a tackle rule made up for him so he doesn't get hurt. The Patriots, their fans, and the city are a bunch of pathetic, bandwagon riding, ESPN regurgitation, uneducated fans
    Posted by LucicForPresident[/QUOTE] this comment is as old as the crust on your underware.come up with something new.you might get a reaction.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmd. Show mmd's posts

Sad day for Pats fans...I have a group of 8-11 year olds that could use a good coach, maybe Tedy would be interested!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stemat59. Show Stemat59's posts

Sat on a flight with Bruschi shortly after SB 38. He was flying back home to Arizona and I was going out to visit family on the west coast. First of all, he sat in coach a row behind me. Second, he had no issue signing my SB shirt I just happened to have on me in my carry on. Lastly, we were stuck on the runway for about 15 minutes and he had no problem talking with everyone around him while we waited to deplane. I asked him what he thought if Rosie Colvin came back from his broken hip healthy. The man's eyes widened with such an intensity and said "there is no reason we can't repeat!"

History went on to prove his statement true!

Was also in the endzone at the Dolphins/snowthrow game right above where he slid in for the intercepted touchdown!

TEDY BRUSCHI IS THE MOST DOWN TO EARTH PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE AND A TRUE CLASS ACT!

We'll miss you #54!