Bruschi to ESPN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: Bruschi to ESPN

Sweet I will pick up my game with the mom jokes

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Actually mike - I don't see it that way.  

Goodell's response was an interpretation based on evidence.  

Belichick's response was either the truth or a lie.  And if I subscribe to the "Belichick is a genius mantra", then I have to believe it was a lie as laughable as as Bill Clinton's re: Monica Lewinsky.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

An interpretation based on evidence.

Okay. Let's say I buy that.

This interpretation comes from a guy who levied the same exact punishment to one player who made an angel in the snow on the field as he did to another player who broke a substantial chunk of ice over a fan's head.

Now to me, that's some pretty arbitrary interpretatin'.

As I say, whatever defends the stance you've already taken is going to make sense to you, but when you try to sell it outside your own perspective, you're bound to find someone who has actually weighed the believability of not just one, but both of the personalities involved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yes and also Goodel took my mom out for a lovely lobster dinner and then never called her again! My mother is a saint! lol Sorry I just thought I should also try and make Goodel into the devil lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Pmike - Wouldn't a better analogy of the Welker punishment be to compare it to the punishment of another endzone celebration, or was that what the ice breaking was?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to Re: Bruschi to ESPN:
    [QUOTE]I don't watch much ESPN -- really, not at all outside of football season -- but I don't see how you can look at Teddy Bruschi and not think he won't be perfect on television. Oh . . .  and I should also mention that Laurie's "TMZSPN" blast is the funniest thing I've seen on the board since the swallows came back to Capistrano (so to speak). A definite frontrunner for a BDC Postie award.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Hey! Thanks Prairie!!!! hee hee

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Well, at least I know why you call yourself RussGriswald (unless, of course, that is your name), because you live in a fantasy world. 

But that's ok.  We are all fans here, and what good is fandom without a little fan-tasy. 

As for ESPN - their overexposure occurred long after the BB was caught with his pants around his ankles and Goodell paddled him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to Re: Bruschi to ESPN:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruschi to ESPN : I like this: They cheat but we don't and I don't like the guy who said we cheated but they didn't. Good stuff Rusty.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

If I may interject here...I think the point is that ESPN has allowed its once credible status to fall by the wayside in favor of [clearly] biased commentary---> Ex-jocks with immature and jealous agendas have forever tainted ESPN's integrity. As such, the network can not be taken seriously IMO and ITO of many others on this board.  Salacious headlines do not equate to credible sports broadcasting, period. That is why ESPN is no better than a tabloid rag at this point in time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"That is why ESPN is no better than a tabloid rag at this point in time."

It's always been a tabloid rag. When it started, it was a novelty and a monopoly so a lot of people swallowed it and assumed it must be quality. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Russ - I don't really care whether or not Belichick was hiding anything, and I don't care if filming is legal.  What Belichick was doing was against the rules.  Here is how I know.  Cue the Commissioner:  

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field."

If that is not enough for you, here's your favorite cheater: 

"I accept full responsibility for the actions that led to tonight's ruling...I apologize to the Kraft family and every person directly or indirectly associated with the New England Patriots for the embarrassment, distraction and penalty my mistake caused."

And you are wondering about my intelligence? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

since when did underdogg start trolling?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Russ,

I've seen this quote about no advantage gained before.  I believe you but could you please provide a link to Goodell's comments. 

And you are wrong, an advantage is not required in order for cheating to have occurred.  You can be caught in the act. 

Webster's definition: to violate rules dishonestly.  

As to the reasons why Goodell destroyed the tapes, well I'll take yours with a grain of salt without any proof.  

Cripes - now you got Belichick as a martyr - he did it for the betterment of the orgainization.  LMAO.  If you stopped drinking the elixir, you might do a better job of selling it.   

For some reason I think you think you know or deserve to know the intricacies of the rules as if you received all of the memos and have been on league conference calls etc. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Don't take it personally, Russ.

underdogg won't be happy until he has this exact same debate -- and trots out that tired, weak partial quote that doesn't really support his belief -- with everyone who visits this board.

The hate is strong in this one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It seems to me like this is merely kicking a dead horse (or probably a better term would be "bludgeoning it with a sledgehammer")! There were plenty of statements made by former coaches who admitted doing such things. There were numerous admissions that there was really no advantage gained. Do you really think a team like the Lions would have been playoff caliber if they had done the same? (If you answer "yes", please share some of that good stuff you've been smoking!) The icing on the cake was that AFTER this all came out, and the league was watching them like hawks, they WON 18 STRAIGHT GAMES!!! Surely if the location of the videotaping was such a huge advantage they would have won only 10 or so! Mike is right, you will never "win" a debate with UD, he will change position, redefine his statements, and throw endless BS at you to keep it going. He is as slippery as any politician. He could probably get the better of John Kerry, Bill Clinton, and Tricky Dick Nixon in such a contest! But it is what it is. Despite UD's partial quote from the commish, Roger also stated he judged no real advantage was gained, whatever the infraction. And now, two years later, the only ones talking about it are the bitter players who were on the losing end of some of those big games against NE. Guys like Porter and Faulk, who (as is normal human behavior) try to make excuses as to why they failed. "It wasn't me who couldn't get it done, the other guy had a camera"! The past is the past. They paid the price, like the 49ers and Broncos before them. I'm sure some Bengals, Falcons, and Packers fans are bitter over those incidents still. But it is a moot point. Let's get back to talking about Tedy. Debating history (and especially with UD) is a waste of time. There is no endgame to this, you could still be arguing these points until 2015!!!