Bruschi wearing thin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Bruschi wearing thin?

In Response to Bruschi wearing thin?:
    Some of you grizzled veterans from way back please set me strait before I walk this dark path. I haven't been following the Patriots all that long compared to some of you. Is Teddy Bruschi starting to wear thin on anyone else but me? I think he's trying so hard to look objective, and not be a homer (Strahan) that he sometimes errs on the other side. He may be pulling for NE within himself, but sometimes seems to walk the thin edge of selling his Patriot soul to advance his analyst career. He comes across with criticisms of the team that it doesn't seem like he actually believes within himself, but more like he's just saying them to project objectivity, and therefore cast himself in a better light. Many of you have known and followed him more than I. Therefore, I set my ideas at the mercy of the Forum, and believe me, I know how frightening and disturbing that can be.
    Posted by TheExaminer

What "act" are you referring to? I've watched Tedy on ESPN, and read his columns on ESPN Boston. He has a different job, now. He has to try to be objective. 

Frankly, based on what I've seen and read, he still bleeds Patriot blue. Remember his tirade on Ochocinco, when he sounded like he was still team captain?

He's picked the Patriots to win today. So...what specifically about him bothers you?

MHK

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I'm wearing the mans shirt as we speak, but I can still be objective on this.  Bruschi walks a tough line now.  His heart is still in that locker room and on that field, but his paycheck is coming from another source altogether, and he isn't accepted in the locker room anymore (at least not like before).  I find him objective thus far, as he's ripped the defense quite a bit as well as Ocho.  Bottom line, if you're not "doing your job", he's going to call you out on it.  If you are, well that will give him something positive to talk about as well. 

When I listen to him, McGinist, Brown and Harrison and you can tell they still bleed red white and blue.  But all of them do a pretty good job of telling it like it is. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I disagree! I think he brings a fresh perspective to the mix! I like listening to him and have a lot of respect for him as a man that with stood so much. Yeah he's bias but every guy up their does the samething with regards to the team they played with or root for. I liked his interview with Gronk! GO PATS!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

Is he wearing thin?  God, yes.

The difference between his gig and Harrison's gig is that Harrison is more of a "color guy" in his work - he offers short, sometimes insightful, often colorful remarks as a panel of 3 or 4 people.

Bruschi tries to do far more - he probably does 5x the work of Harrison during the week....writing, blogging, video....and he really isn't that good at it.

Bruschi reminds me of that awful Gaspar kid - tries way too hard and is just grating.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Bruschi wearing thin?:
    Is he wearing thin?  God, yes. The difference between his gig and Harrison's gig is that Harrison is more of a "color guy" in his work - he offers short, sometimes insightful, often colorful remarks as a panel of 3 or 4 people. Bruschi tries to do far more - he probably does 5x the work of Harrison during the week....writing, blogging, video....and he really isn't that good at it. Bruschi reminds me of that awful Gaspar kid - tries way too hard and is just grating.
    Posted by Jaxxon

Don't know what you've been watching or reading...but comparing him to Gaspar is ridiculous. Bruschi knows the game...but is struggling to be objective. 

MHK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

In Response to Re: Bruschi wearing thin? :      Don't know what you've been watching or reading...but comparing him to Gaspar is ridiculous. Bruschi knows the game...but is struggling to be objective.       MHK
    Posted by TexasPat

Like I said - he tries too hard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In Response to Re: Bruschi wearing thin? :      Don't know what you've been watching or reading...but comparing him to Gaspar is ridiculous. Bruschi knows the game...but is struggling to be objective.       MHK
    Posted by TexasPat

Amazing to me that random posters knock Tedy's ability to comment and analyze the Pat's game. Really? Not only does the man have a very high football IQ, he has a heart the size of Texas. Disagree with an opinion he has- okay. Putting down his abilities is just ridiculous. I know you "get it" Tex. Not even going to try and point out the obvious to the naysayers here. Looking forward to seeing Tedy, Troy, Ty, and Drew on the field today. They all "get it" too.
    And looking forward to a straight A report card from you after the game.
    Go PATS!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I love Tedy but do feel he's a lousy comentator for the most part....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Tedy has a new career now and we should be used to it.  Tedy & Rodney are doing what they are supposed to be doing.  They don't work for the PATS.  I assume they say what they think based on what they know about the game, not based on their having been PATS players.  I respect them for that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Bruschi wearing thin? : Amazing to me that random posters knock Tedy's ability to comment and analyze the Pat's game. Really? Not only does the man have a very high football IQ, he has a heart the size of Texas. Disagree with an opinion he has- okay. Putting down his abilities is just ridiculous. I know you "get it" Tex. Not even going to try and point out the obvious to the naysayers here. Looking forward to seeing Tedy, Troy, Ty, and Drew on the field today. They all "get it" too. And looking forward to a straight A report card from you after the game. Go PATS!
    Posted by darwk

How quick some folks around here forget. Tedy was, and is, Mr. Patriot.

MHK

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Been pointing out this Bruschi company man thing at ESPN for 2 years. Really, really disappointing seeing him sell out like that. It's great that he has a job and can do what he wants, but ESPN? Rodney is different. He's harmless at NBC. Bruschi at ESPN is painful. SLamming BB in 2010, acting like BB has no right to rebuild, possibly the anger stemming from BB trading Seymour and Vrabel, etc, but Bruschi needs to learn it's not about him. Painful to admit it, but he's really lost it over at ESPN. He's really no different than the Mazz/Felger/Gasper types except he has somewhat of a clue.  Disturbing to see him follow ESPN orders and not be rational, too.  When Brady told him he didn't know what was inside the locker room, I thought it was great and somewhat overdue. Tedy, you're retired. You can't play and aren't on the team anymore.  You're legacy is intact and you were a great player here, a HOF player, but it's over.  No need to pretend the game is the same when you played. A lot has changed.  The guy was an incredible player, IMO, a 1st ballot HOFer.  Makes Nick Buonconti's career look minor.   But, his analyst role with regards to NE is overbearing. Mike Reiss left here and never compromised staying objective and fair. Bruschi? Not so much.  Very disappointing.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

King, 

I enjoy your posts and agree sometimes, disagree others but to come out with a statement like "Makes Nick Buonconti's career look minor" is not accurate. 
    Nick B was one of the best middle linebackers to play the game so I take issue with your mis-statement. 

Hetchinspete. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Bruschi wearing thin? :      How quick some folks around here forget. Tedy was, and is, Mr. Patriot.      MHK
    Posted by TexasPat

Part of it is there are fans who DO NOT want to hear negatives about the team in spite of the obvious.  Bruschi may be Mr Patriot.. but, he wears a different hat and answers to a "higher calling"... that being media pundancy!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksilvia723. Show ksilvia723's posts

I was at the 2004 Super Bowl in Jacksonville.  I got there a couple of hours early and was down in the first row watching Bruschi play with his kids on the field.  He came over to where I was standing to hand his kids off the a guy standing right next to me.  He was about 18" in front of me and I asked him to sign my SB Program book.  He didn't even look at me and just said NO.  Now I can understand if he's out in public with the fam, but me and my husband spent thousands of dollars in air fair, hotel, tickets, so on.....to support our team and he couldn't take 2 seconds to sign his name.  There was no one else around so its not like he would have had to sign 100 autographs, it was just me.  Since that day, I have not had the same respect for him that I did before.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

it's just a job. it ain't no big thang....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sophron. Show sophron's posts

i remember Bruschi making a big deal about saying that NE needed to prove that they could win in spite of TB12. I think today they proved it.

Sections
Shortcuts