Bruschi's Comments Do Not Help Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Bruschi's Comments Do Not Help Patriots

I don't think motivation is Sanchez's problem.

He just kind of blows when it comes to things like quarterbacking NFL teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think those comments would motivate most any QB, except Sanchez.  I think Sanchez is probably pouting right now looking to get a little sympathy from Lance Bass to make him feel better.  It doesn't seem like mental toughness is his strong suit.  Which reminds me...

Sometimes folks make statements that look wrong in the short term, but turn out right in the long run.  For instance, I remember someone on the Saturday financial news shows in 2005 predicting not only the collapse of the real estate market, but also the devastation it would cause to the economy.  He was laughed at. SO...

Remember Pete Carroll saying Mark Sanchez wasn't ready for the NFL and was making a mistake?  Remember how Carroll looked wrong last year?  His statement doesn't look all that wrong now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I don't think Bruschi's comments mean a darn thing.

Sanchez isn't the kind of player that can turn it on because of comments. Manning, Brady, Brees......those are the special people that have that ability. Mark Messier predicting a win.......he was a special kind of player that can manipulate a game. Sanchez isn't. What did the guy accomplish? Nothing. At USC, he started for one season and that team was loaded at almost every single position. You think Sanchez led that team to a championship? Not hardly. Sanchez is going to be another Matt Leinart.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

On the flip, Mark Sanchez "We can still go 15-1" comments help the Patriots. 

I think you can pile the comments in a heap and burn them and they won't make a difference. The biggest help that the Pats got was getting their butts kicked in the playoffs. If that doesn't provide extra motivation I don't know what does.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Bruschi's Comments Do Not Help Patriots:
    [QUOTE]...The biggest help that the Pats got was getting their butts kicked in the playoffs. If that doesn't provide extra motivation I don't know what does.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

There really is no way to accurately describe the whooping we got in the playoffs last year.  The censor scan on the post makes you delete 99.9% of the words you would like to use.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeyama99. Show joeyama99's posts

Bruschi is no longer a player for the Patriots.  He's a pro football analyst.  It's his job to give his opinion and assessment of the going-ons in the NFL.  This is understood throughout the league including by Belichek.  No way should he keep quiet or he wouldn't be doing his job.  Personally I think his analysis is quite accurate and refreshing.  Many of the older analysts who have been out of the game for a while seem to have lost touch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

At least Bruschi didn't say, "If it looks like a Rat and smells like a rat......"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't think it hurts them. If the jets are trolling broadcasters for bulletin board material, then they have bigger issues with team morale than a couple one-liners from Bruschi will fix.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

If Sanchez suddenly had it in him to light up the Pats, then so be it. But, the odds of that happening are slim to none.

I can see NY trying to pull out a lot of trick plays in this game as well with some Brad Smith appearances. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Because of teddy's comments Sanchez is going to magically turn into a good QB? The more likely senerio would be that he tries to prove something by forcing the ball and gets picked off a bunch of times. That's more in keeping with the egotistical attitude Rex has insilled in his players.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

In Response to Bruschi's Comments Do Not Help Patriots:
    [QUOTE]     Only days away from the blood feud showdown between the Patriots and the NY Jets, former Patriot captain Tedy Bruschi referred to Jets' QB Mark Sanchez as a "front runner"...who only leads and performs when things are going well. But, when things are going sour, he "tanks it". Bruschi went on to say that if he were playing defense against Sanchez, he would tell the offensive unit to go out and get us a quick TD...to ensure that Sanchez would be in a funk, right off the bat.      Jets coach Rex Ryan, as one might expect, defended his young QB. Will Bruschi's comments light a fire in Sanchez and the Jets? I'm sure that BB wishes that Bruschi had kept his comments to himself: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/16/bruschi-rex-debate-sanchez/        Tedy has also predicted a 17-10 Patriots' win. Here's his analysis of the upcoming game: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5581610      Thoughts? 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Actually, Bruschi is right and him saying so might actually help the Pats....It puts pressure on Sanches, and hopefully he will continue to fail under pressure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Bruschi could flat out refuse to "Whiz" on me after I spontaneously caught on fire and I would still look him in the eye with my last dying breath and say, "How do we feel about a Patriot victoryyyyy? AHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

ha. last week he was called "negative nancy" because he didnt pick the pats now he's being accused of hurting the pats by picking them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Tex, I think you know better than that!

What if the VERY SAME comments came out of any other football talking head?  Would you have even started this thread?  Quit picking on Bruschi, expecting him to toe the "company" line all because he is a former Patriot.  He is in a new role and his frankness is refreshing from a player's perspective.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Pinochle, last week his tone on the Pats was alot different than the one he had in the chat and just watch the video his hate of the Jets as well shows through and through. Also I wouldnt say Sanchez tanks it but he gos from number 1 spotlight guy for when the teams winning but when its losing hes hiding in the back. 

I love how Rodney speaks with such brightness about this team and speaks with such pride about it but Tedy any chance he gets to trash em he takes it.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]     Only days away from the blood feud showdown between the Patriots and the NY Jets, former Patriot captain Tedy Bruschi referred to Jets' QB Mark Sanchez as a "front runner"...who only leads and performs when things are going well. But, when things are going sour, he "tanks it". Bruschi went on to say that if he were playing defense against Sanchez, he would tell the offensive unit to go out and get us a quick TD...to ensure that Sanchez would be in a funk, right off the bat.      Jets coach Rex Ryan, as one might expect, defended his young QB. Will Bruschi's comments light a fire in Sanchez and the Jets? I'm sure that BB wishes that Bruschi had kept his comments to himself: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/16/bruschi-rex-debate-sanchez/        Tedy has also predicted a 17-10 Patriots' win. Here's his analysis of the upcoming game: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5581610      Thoughts? 

I think the Sanchez issue is a talent and a head issue. If you recall on Hard Knocks he took criticism like a little girl. Couple that with the fact that he has not been the most accurate fellow on the ball and you see why his own O coach was not letting him throw last week.

Think of any other team with minutes to go not letting their QB chuck it when they are going to lose any ways...Even the coach knows he stinks.

Bruschi's comments can't add much to Tom saying, "I hate the Jets"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bruschi's Comments Do Not Help Patriots :
    Posted by darwk[/QUOTE]

Tedy called it right- and I say let the fun begin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Bruschi could flat out refuse to "Whiz" on me after I spontaneously caught on fire and I would still look him in the eye with my last dying breath and say, "How do we feel about a Patriot victoryyyyy? AHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH"
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I don't think his comments will hurt the Patriots...do you?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Bruschi could flat out refuse to "Whiz" on me after I spontaneously caught on fire and I would still look him in the eye with my last dying breath and say, "How do we feel about a Patriot victoryyyyy? AHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH"
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Interesting that such a big deal was made of Belichick taking all the reminders of past glory down off the complex walls, but I noticed during the Randy Moss dust-up that the players are still doing this same old cheer after a win.

Hmmmmmmm . . .

Apparently the Pats have not "moved on" quite so much as the master manipulator would prefer we believe.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

For Texas Pat - one of the few folks on the blog whose posts I always read - I will assume that you watched the Jets+Ravens games last week - without disrespecting the Ravens defense,  I saw not one thing in that whole game to make me think that in 6 days the Jets will suddenly develop the kind of offense necessary to keep the Pats defense on the field - conversely - I think the Ravens missed many opportunities in the passing game to blow the game wide open.....

Watching all of the Pats and Jets games last week made me believe that the Achilles heal of the Jets defense - the side of the field that Revis isn't on - is precisely the thing the Pats can most easily exploit - I would also argue that the Pats defense looked plenty good enough in the 1st half last week, and lets be honest, they were in the prevent after the kick return made it 31 - 3, to hold the Jets to 14 or less points - can you honestly tell me that the Pats will score less?

Texas Pat, one last thing - I have read a lot of posts on this site and others this week - Your post suggests that the Jets have more motivation to win this game then the Pats ....... can you explain that to me? I am thinking that BB, having listened to ALL the Jets running theirs mouths ALL summer, will have the team ready to shut the Jets mouths once and for all......

Your thoughts?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Didn't Teddy pick the Jets to win the division? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]Tedy also predicted the Bengals would beat the Pats

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]Teddy Bruschi is a smart guy. All he did was provide Sanchez with another distraction, by calling Mark a front Runner. This will be in the back of the young QB's mind, especially if he struggles this Sunday.These comments would never affect a Quality QB. He knows Sanchize is Struggling with his Confidence right now.Teddy made very smart comments to help the Pats, and Dumb Rex took the Bait. Why make it an issue for the Kid.The stupidity coming out of New  York is only surperseded by their Arrogance. If the Pats can blow them out. The Jets Confidence will be shot, for many weeks to come. They have been talking all pre-season like they are the defending Champs and will whip the Pats. This could be devastating to the Jets Psyche

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Oh well Sanchez had his feelings hurt by Bruschi's comments,get over it. Nothing a sports analyst says should in anyways be a motivating factor,just the fact that they are playing the Patriots should be motivation enough. The Patriots will win this game on talent and talent alone.

Sections
Shortcuts