Bruschi's take

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Bruschi's take

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Reading this for the first time....This comment is interesting and what I guessed:

Greg A. Bedard: 

I don't think that's correct. They never had a falling out. In fact, both sides were in a great place to end last season. But I do think Welker not accepting the team's contract offer last July really bothered the Patriots. I think that's when the "moving on from Welker" thinking started. I mean, I could understand why: it cost them valuable cap space. Welker basically called their bluff and won, and I don't think that sat well.

you are not getting what Bruschi is saying. I have heard Ty and Troy and Wiggins say the same thing, but they dont have the forum or the eloquence of Bruschi.

It was wrong for Kraft to speak so publicy and in such detail regarding contract details. Especially of a player on another team.

The players (Bruschi's take) knew every day, day in and day out, what to expect from Wes. He brought a toughness and reliability to the team. Bruschi is not saying that Amendola cannot do this and more, he is saying so far he hasnt seen it, nor have the players in the locker room.

You are correct in saying this is not 2003, where Bradys favorite rcvd is the open one. Brady needs to release the ball quickly, have confidence in his OL, and confidence his WR's will be where he expects them to be. That is the brillance of this offense.

Brady restructured hios contract for cap space, and is looking at no Wes, no Vollmer, no Edelman, no Lloyd...yes, Amendola might be better, but no one can definatively say that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

But, he's still on his way up especially when you compare the QBs (Bradford vs Brady) and the overall weaponry. Amendola was targeted too much in STL.  Same thing with Welker here.

I mentioned this when his name came up and I said that it was Bradford's favorite WR.  Here, he will be 1 of 3 to start (Gronk, Hern) but the difference is that he spreads the field WIDE. He can line up on the outside, where Welker couldn;t be a threat there.

So, 28, 29, 30 and 31 with Brady vs Bradford.  This is what NE does. They look at a player's production the team, etc, and say "what if he was here"?

Bruschi has a "I played with that guy" bias in his analysis.  He always does it and he lacks objectivity.

You keep throwing around the QB comparisons, sure there is a difference between TFB and Bradford but we are talking a slot position here.  You don't need to be one of the top QB's to have success with a slot receiver.  Bradford isn't a scrub.  Bradford's comp % is right there in line with Mattew Staffords comp %.  Heck, Bradfords qb rating was even higher then staffords last season.  I think Calvin Johnson has been having pretty good seasons with Stafford.  So the QB compare is pretty bogus argument, imo.  But hey, keep spinning, keep throwing out excuses that don't measure up.  Keep talking out your butt, we come to expect that from you here.

Jesus H. Christ. If I hear one more uneducated person babble that Amendola is only a slot guy like Wes....

Please do your homework before engaging in a debate. You CLEARLY have no idea that Amendola is a perimeter guy as much as a slot guy which is what makes him attractive for BB and McDaniels.  Lining up in mulitple spots and running clean routes is the key.

I didn't say Bradford was a scrub, but STL did not have anwywhere the threats around Amendola that Wes did here.

Do you want to learn about this game Mr 2001 or not? 

Where do you get the idea WW is only a slot reciever?   He had 13 catches over 20 ly (same as gronk), more ypg, more TD's, (DA has 7 in 4 yrs ???)  DA aslo had 3 fumbles in 11 games last year.  AWESOME!  He can keep the bench warm with Riddley.

Did you just say he's not only a slot WR?  bawahaha

99% of the time he lines up in the slot. He's a slot WR.  My good god.  Please get a clue.

Did he catch those 13,+ 20's from the slot?  What about the additional + 20's that he didn't catch?  DA won't be used any differently.  He's a SLOT receiver!  A clone with no durability.

The second choice!  Poor guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jesus H. Christ. If I hear one more uneducated person babble that Amendola is only a slot guy like Wes....

Please do your homework before engaging in a debate. You CLEARLY have no idea that Amendola is a perimeter guy as much as a slot guy which is what makes him attractive for BB and McDaniels.  Lining up in mulitple spots and running clean routes is the key.

I didn't say Bradford was a scrub, but STL did not have anwywhere the threats around Amendola that Wes did here.

The only uneducated babble is coming from you.  Amendola is not a perimeter guy as much as a slot guy! From what I have seen, and it's hard to get a good take since he isn't on the field much the last 2 season, is yes he can be more of a perimeter receiver then Welker but certainly not as much as he has been a slot receiver. 

Clean routes?  Welker runs better routes then Amendola.  They were discussing this on the NFL network just yesterday.  Even Nate Burleson who was on there and happens to be a receiver said Welker is the better route runner. 

Amendola didn't have nowhere near the threats around him as Welker has? True on paper but can that statement really hold up when you have Gronk and Hernandez swapping time on the bench? 

Keep spinning dude, your bound to run out of excuses sooner or later. Then you will have to rely on facts, and that is where you will fail.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The only uneducated babble is coming from you.  Amendola is not a perimeter guy as much as a slot guy! From what I have seen, and it's hard to get a good take since he isn't on the field much the last 2 season, is yes he can be more of a perimeter receiver then Welker but certainly not as much as he has been a slot receiver. 

Clean routes?  Welker runs better routes then Amendola.  They were discussing this on the NFL network just yesterday.  Even Nate Burleson who was on there and happens to be a receiver said Welker is the better route runner. 

Amendola didn't have nowhere near the threats around him as Welker has? True on paper but can that statement really hold up when you have Gronk and Hernandez swapping time on the bench? 

Keep spinning dude, your bound to run out of excuses sooner or later. Then you will have to rely on facts, and that is where you will fail.

thats the thing with Russ, he never runs out of excuses and he never has the facts straight. This is where he will reply how dumb you are, how you are a Jets troll, and how he has a higher IQ and better job than you, and then he will walk away...same ole Russ

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

An opinion from you or Nate Burleson is not a fact, Corky. Since when is Nate Burleson a master of route running anyway? Is he even still playing or is he on is 5th bad team chasing the money around? lol

Amendola has a bigger frame, runs faster, drops the ball less, can be better red zone target due to size, has better YAC than Welker, clearly better straight in-line speed, etc.

The only negatives or unknowns are health and chemistry with Brady.

You started following this team in 2001. I as going to AFC championship games by 1996 and sitting on a bleacher as a kid in the 1980s.

Don't lecture me on the game. I've forgotten more than you could ever dream to know.

You can't even grasp the idea that Amendola can line up in more than 1 spot than what Wes did.

You also aren't a better scout than Bill Belichick. Your binky is gone, but if you want to fly to Denver to give him flowers before practices, that's your choice.

Nice little nugget upstairs from Rusty (see the bold).  I suppose there are other negatives, as well, but these are pretty serious. 

1.  Brady hasn't demonstrated an ability to "connect" with alot of other veteran receivers.  they come in and then they are gone.  That's not to say that will happen with Amendola, but...

2.  Health is a pretty big negative.  Nothing worse than a paid player that can't get on or stay on the field.  Anthony Gonzalez anyone?  Dude can be the greatest inside and outside receiver in the NFL and it won't matter if he can't stay healthy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have never been anti BB. I have been critical of the FA decisions. That is all.

I have been critical of the TB "cant get comfortable" with WR issues...numerous times.

I dont care if Wes is on the team or not, as long as what he brought to the team is competantly replaced. Amendola is a start, but comes with the stated questions, durability and Brady comfort.

If you ask me, and I know your not, I thought the team has a better shot at the SB with Wes, Edelman, Lloyd and 2 new WR's on the team, along with Vollmer. The $$were/are there to do this.

It seems so far in FA, the moves you are giddy about are AWilson and Washington.

Fans feeling this is not enough are anti BB in your opinion...I think the feelings are pro Pats, not anti BB

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Utmost respect for Tedy Bruschi here and I respect his take.  I also respect the views of those who have expressed concern over Amandola's injuries; they have reason to do so.  

Call me Polyanna, but I take both of Amendola's serious injuries with a very large grain of salt. For one thing I can't find any indication that Amendola was injured during his years at Texas Tech.  If anyone else can, I'd truly appreciate it if you can point me to the source.  

Secondly, both his collarbone injury and his elbow injury, which seem to be be what folks are alluding to in calling him an injury risk, were suffered on what an NFLPA survey identified as one of the worst artificial surfaces in the league.  The elbow was dislocated in a home game against Philly in 2011 and the collarbone injured in a home game against Arizona in 2012.  Google 2010 NFL PLAYERS PLAYING SURFACES OPINION SURVEY. It comes up as PDF of the survey results.  Interesting info.

Finally, and I know this will probably draw more fire than anything else in this post, I can't believe that BB would pursue and sign as his first move in free agency, a football player that he thought would not be able to stay on the field.  If he considered Amendola a significant injury risk then he probably either wouldn't have signed him or he would have inked him to something akin to the Talib deal.  Are there playing conditions in Amendola's contract? Yep and I consider that simple due diligence.  

Am I ignoring the injuries?  Certainly not; I think they're worthy of note and I'm taking a wait and see attitude toward Amendola and his durability. 

My 2 cents.

Sounds like one of only a few posts on this subject that I agree with.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

An opinion from you or Nate Burleson is not a fact, Corky. Since when is Nate Burleson a master of route running anyway? Is he even still playing or is he on is 5th bad team chasing the money around? lol

Amendola has a bigger frame, runs faster, drops the ball less, can be better red zone target due to size, has better YAC than Welker, clearly better straight in-line speed, etc.

You started following this team in 2001. I as going to AFC championship games by 1996 and sitting on a bleacher as a kid in the 1980s.

Don't lecture me on the game. I've forgotten more than you could ever dream to know.

You can't even grasp the idea that Amendola can line up in more than 1 spot than what Wes did.

You also aren't a better scout than Bill Belichick. Your binky is gone, but if you want to fly to Denver to give him flowers before practices, that's your choice.

Blah, blah, blah! 

Burleson's opinion is much greater then yours or any reporter who hasn't played the game.  I'm sure Burleson has seen some very good and very bad route runners during his playing days. 

It doesn't matter how long you have been following this team.  that makes no sense.  What does that matter??? I have watched every team play and followed football since I was 4 years old.  I'm a big fan of the game and I have even played organized football for many years... how about you?  Have you ever even played?  I gotta say probably not.  Plus I have been a big fan and followed the team since BB first started here.  Hell I followed very close when he was HC of the Browns.  So I know what he is about.  I know what he does.  Don't lecture me on BB as I have probably followed him longer then you have.  He has made some very bad moves in his career.  He has made some exellent moves in his career.  He isn't perfect and doesn't always make the right decision!!   I like him better then any other coach but it doesn't mean he is perfect!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

If everyone decapitated the "king" by putting him on ignore, this Board would treated to some comity!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

If everyone decapitated the "king" by putting him on ignore, this Board would treated to some comity!!!

Everytime I ignore he changes his name!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

What is "comity"?

It's a good word used approptiately by TSWFAN. Generally means peace, harmony, civil relationships. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Nice little nugget upstairs from Rusty (see the bold).  I suppose there are other negatives, as well, but these are pretty serious. 

1.  Brady hasn't demonstrated an ability to "connect" with alot of other veteran receivers.  they come in and then they are gone.  That's not to say that will happen with Amendola, but...

2.  Health is a pretty big negative.  Nothing worse than a paid player that can't get on or stay on the field.  Anthony Gonzalez anyone?  Dude can be the greatest inside and outside receiver in the NFL and it won't matter if he can't stay healthy.

Yet, TB has taken his teams further than your beloved despite not being able "to connect" with previous experienced receivers, "but....."  Jeez UD give it a break.  At the end of the day, the Wes Welker deal, or more specifically, the lack thereof, had absolutely nothing to do with TB, his feelings, his contract, nothing.  I don't even understand why TB is in the discussion other than the fact they they produced together.  Was Wes going to stay here forever, heck for that matter will TB?  No - the Pats are addressing needs within the confines of salary cap, signability, and a host of other issues we as fans can only speculate as to reasons why player A was signed over player B.  What we fans do know, is that for a decade, we've been SB contenders - don't always win them, even lost a couple, but we're in the mix.  TB, BB, and Kraft have been the driving forces of this.  And next year, I predict - yup, you got it - we'll be SB contenders, in the playoffs, and even if we don't happen to win a SB, we'll be one of the teams in the mix.  Can a fan base ask more than that?  For a decade?  Heck, Indy fans were in the same position and only won 1 SB, yet here you are bloviating your opinion on the "hows" and "whys" the Pats run their organization.  It's kind of comical really.  But keep on keeping on pal - the Pats will be okay, PM may be, and the Colts will be the Colts - who do you think will end up going deeper in the playoffs? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I hate to be ahead of Bruschi

You're pulling our leg. You ahead of Bruschi? You are behind the average 2nd grader in understanding the game dumbkoff.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yes, I did play. I played plenty of football, hockey and baseball. Those were my sports. A little bit of soccer when I was younger, too.

I never have said BB is perfect, but if you think Nick Burleson has more of a clue than BB then you are just not very bright.

What are you talking about... You constantly act on here like he can do no wrong. 

You are right, "Nick" Burleson probably doesn't have a clue about route running compared to Belichick, but I sure bet Nate Burleson does.  And btw, I never said Nate Burleson knew better then BB, as BB has never said Welker doesn't run clean routes.  You seem to be the one, the only to insinuate that he doesn't or that Amendola does better.

Get off your high horse!  You continue to argue about things you are wrong about.  You don't know better then everyone else, you aren't the Patriots guru, get over yourself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Why is it so hard for people to understand it was time for Wes to move on. He is great, going to a great place, but so are the Pats.  

25. This post has been removed.