Brutal November

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

Brutal November

Dolphins
    Colts
    Jets
    Saints

Obviously Colts and Saints are the big competition games. Dolphins are currently better than the Jets, so I totally expect to see a lot of wildcat and defensive stands in that game. Unless the Jets turn it around, I think we'll have the upper hand in that game.

I'm looking at a 3-1 in November, to push us to 8-3. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Re: Brutal November

First off... I will say that these are ALL tuff teams and will be hard fought games IMO. 

Now - with that said, I am not too worried about Miami and NYJ at home.  Miami on theroad will be a tuff game...

Indy will be the game of the year (for the Pats) as far as I'm concerned. Lets see how the secondary will match up against Manning.  This could very well be the game that decides home field through out the playoffs.

New Orleans is the same - but (as someone mentioned in another thread) not a HUGE loss since they are an NFC team.  Of course every game counts but if they have to lose one - let it be to NO.

I think Denver goes down this weekend and then may lose a few more.  Pitt looks like they are back and I'm still not sold on Cincy.  I think the two best teams in the AFC are NE and Indy. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Actually, look at the next 5 games.

Dolphins
    @ Colts
    Jets
    @ Saints
    @ Dolphins

If we can come away 4-1, it would be huge.  I think they will win at least 3, if not more.  I don't see them losing to both the Colts and the Saints, they will beat at least one of them.

Once they get past that it's much "easier"..

Panthers
    @ Bills
    Jags
    @ Texans

They should go 4-0 in that stretch.

So, after looking at that.. it's very feasable to think they'll go 13-3 this year, but it's still a long ways away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

In Response to Re: Brutal November:
    First off... I will say that these are ALL tuff teams and will be hard fought games IMO.  Now - with that said, I am not too worried about Miami and NYJ at home. 

Miami on theroad will be a tuff game... Indy will be the game of the year (for the Pats) as far as I'm concerned. Lets see how the secondary will match up against Manning.  This could very well be the game that decides home field through out the playoffs.

New Orleans is the same - but (as someone mentioned in another thread) not a HUGE loss since they are an NFC team.  Of course every game counts but if they have to lose one - let it be to NO.

I think Denver goes down this weekend and then may lose a few more.  Pitt looks like they are back and I'm still not sold on Cincy.  I think the two best teams in the AFC are NE and Indy. 
    Posted by IraqSteve

I think Denver will lose to Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Indy, Giants, and possibly even to Philly or San Diego. 

I know they started 6-0, but they had a ton of lucky breaks - tipped pass against Cincy when they were about to lose, playing a still-recovering Tom Brady, playing a struggling/stupid Cowboys team that abandoned the one thing that was beating the Broncos that game (the running game), playing the Browns and Raiders, and getting two kick returns for TD's to even keep them in the game against the Chargers (would've been down 20-3 at halftime if not for those 2 returns).

They're going to start losing this week and will probably go 5-5 or 6-4 the rest of the year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I think you guys are shooting too low. I see no reason why they don't run the table the rest of the year. TB is back, WW is back and they can't be stopped. I know who they played the last two weeks but that's what they needed to get in sync. They're looking like 07 where they can score on EVERY possession. Indy and NO will be shootouts but as always BB finds a way to get on top.
    We're getting to the part of the season where coaching and experience will be crucial and there isn't any better than than BB/TB.

God help the league if Tate starts producing as well.

Barring injury they run the table

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Yes, it's going to be a very brutal November ... for those poser teams who thought they were so great until they had to play the Pats.  Miami, Indy, NO, and NY will probably be so shocked from their defeat to the Pats in November that they lose every other game this ... century.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

should go 4-0 against that cupcake schedule

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Tom Brady offensive player of the month.... I don't care who the Pats played. This has put the league on notice..  I'm not saying we run the table.. BUT.. it looks good..  Someone on here has nicked our O as the BMW..  Brady, Moss and Welker..  I like it..  Also... Brady = GQ, Moss = The Freak and Welker = Slot machine..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I agree with the take that home games against Miami and Green New Jersey should be wins. Nothing is a given, but if the Pats can't defend their home field within the division, they're not going anywhere anyway. You pencil the Colts in as the game of the year, every year, and that is just as true this year as any other. This will be the last time for a little while the Pats have to go to Indy in-season, and a victory here would put the Pats in good playoff shape, but I'm not seeing it. When I think about facing Manning's offense, all I can see is Kyle Orton hitting those short curls over and over again against the Pats' soft cushion. I shudder to think what Manning will do if and when the Pats come up to try to take that away. As for N'awlins, I'm not sold on that defense (and you shouldn't be either), and I'll take Tom Brady in a shootout with anyone. The Pats tend to play their worst in Miami, but getting the Dolphins at home first should be a bonus for the Pats this season. Realistically, I see 3-2 in the next five.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I agree with the take that home games against Miami and Green New Jersey should be wins. Nothing is a given, but if the Pats can't defend their home field within the division, they're not going anywhere anyway. You pencil the Colts in as the game of the year, every year, and that is just as true this year as any other. This will be the last time for a little while the Pats have to go to Indy in-season, and a victory here would put the Pats in good playoff shape, but I'm not seeing it. When I think about facing Manning's offense, all I can see is Kyle Orton hitting those short curls over and over again against the Pats' soft cushion. I shudder to think what Manning will do if and when the Pats come up to try to take that away. As for N'awlins, I'm not sold on that defense (and you shouldn't be either), and I'll take Tom Brady in a shootout with anyone. The Pats tend to play their worst in Miami, but getting the Dolphins at home first should be a bonus for the Pats this season. Realistically, I see 3-2 in the next five.
    Posted by prairiemike

What did you do with Pmike?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Hey prairiemike
    If I wanted reality I would stop drinking.. jk.. I think our young D has taken some very big strides over the past few weeks. I know who we played.. Linebacking has been shored up and should help with the short pass. I think i'll keep my patriot rose colored glasses on..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Brutal November : What did you do with Pmike?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Seriously.  Whatever happened to "Sherman ... Atlanta"???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Okay, how's this:

The Pats will school Indy the way Higgins schooled Eliza.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Brutal November:
    Dolphins Colts Jets Saints Obviously Colts and Saints are the big competition games. Dolphins are currently better than the Jets, so I totally expect to see a lot of wildcat and defensive stands in that game. Unless the Jets turn it around, I think we'll have the upper hand in that game. I'm looking at a 3-1 in November, to push us to 8-3. Thoughts?
    Posted by mjxg

I'm not so confident about 3-1. fins are dead meat. a mediocre team and BB has two weeks to prepare for thier gimmick formations. jests are jests, in our house, another win.

I see the colts as a push, although I'm curious to see what the oddsmakers numbers give. They'll have a more realistic view of colt's abillities than the slobbering love affair the sports media has for manning and the colts. personally, i see them as way overrated based on their cupcake schedule, but that's just me.

NO will be their toughest game of the year, playing down there. I expect they'll probably be 7 point dogs and it'll be a true test of how good they are or are not.

BUT I'd definately recommend a weekend trip with the guys for that particular away game. The stadium is right next to the French Quarter and Bourbon street. can't help but having a good time there!

So, I think 2-2 is realistic 3-1 is optomistic and 4-0 is not impossibile! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I think you guys are shooting too low. I see no reason why they don't run the table the rest of the year. TB is back, WW is back and they can't be stopped. I know who they played the last two weeks but that's what they needed to get in sync. They're looking like 07 where they can score on EVERY possession. Indy and NO will be shootouts but as always BB finds a way to get on top. We're getting to the part of the season where coaching and experience will be crucial and there isn't any better than than BB/TB. God help the league if Tate starts producing as well. Barring injury they run the table
    Posted by Sam-Adams

YES!! That's the spirit!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I love me some brutal games!

I have been waiting for this part of the schedule.

We will run the rest of the year winning all games.
    We have a tough schedule but why not, we are the Pats. Anything less would be....Indy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In Response to Brutal November : I'm not so confident about 3-1. fins are dead meat. a mediocre team and BB has two weeks to prepare for thier gimmick formations. jests are jests, in our house, another win. I see the colts as a push, although I'm curious to see what the oddsmakers numbers give. They'll have a more realistic view of colt's abillities than the slobbering love affair the sports media has for manning and the colts. personally, i see them as way overrated based on their cupcake schedule, but that's just me. NO will be their toughest game of the year, playing down there. I expect they'll probably be 7 point dogs and it'll be a true test of how good they are or are not. BUT I'd definately recommend a weekend trip with the guys for that particular away game. The stadium is right next to the French Quarter and Bourbon street. can't help but having a good time there! So, I think 2-2 is realistic 3-1 is optomistic and 4-0 is not impossibile! 
    Posted by unclealfie
    ....that's what you said about the jets last year and look what happened. Oh yeah, those unfair OT rules (which the whiners on here never had a problem with when it worked for them) gave the game away. Dont take anything for granted unclean. Play the game and then either boast or STFU

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

Dolphins Colts Jets Saints Obviously Colts and Saints are the big competition games. Dolphins are currently better than the Jets, so I totally expect to see a lot of wildcat and defensive stands in that game. Unless the Jets turn it around, I think we'll have the upper hand in that game. I'm looking at a 3-1 in November, to push us to 8-3. Thoughts?
    Posted by mjxg

Big difference then the two cupcakes you were handed the last two weeks.  What were they again 0-14? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Posted by mjxg

The Jets and Dolphins are bigger games than the other two. Division games are vital, as we observed last year. In fact, I think the Dolphins will be one of their toughest games over the stretch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well if the Dolphins lose next week they'll come in 2-5 a lose to us might knock them well out of the race at 2-6 (I'm not sure they can recover). Now I hope they win next week because that would put the Jets at 4-4.

Love to see the mid-season standings:

Patriots 6-2
    Jets      4-4
    Dolphins 3-5
    Bills       3-5

I think we'll beat the Dolphins in both games. There pass defense is pretty suspect and BB showed in the 2nd game last season how we can stop their running attack. The league in general has figured out the Wildcat.

The Pats also will beat the Jets at home. The offense is playing way better than they were in week 2. We move the ball down the field like that game in the first half we'll have 24 points on the board by halftime and not 9. The injuries to Jenkins and Washington are going to really hurt the Jets in the long run.

The Colts/Saints games remind me a little of the Cowboys/Colts games of 2007. Pats have been in a number of big games on the road over the years and always find a way to win. Being my prediction was 13-3 I think will win won of these but lose the other. For playoff seeding purposes would rather see us beat the Colts if that is the case. Not out of the realm of possibility we win both.

The last 4 games will seem closer to the last 2 games if we are pretty healthy going into that stretch. Carolina isn't the same team as last year and look to be a 5-6 win team. Buffalo in Buffalo will be a good divisional game but Pats should still win, this team is way better than what we showed in week 1. Jags aren't very good. Texans should be a good game, but the Pats always seem to find a way to beat the above average teams of the league.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Actually, look at the next 5 games. Dolphins @ Colts Jets @ Saints @ Dolphins If we can come away 4-1, it would be huge.  I think they will win at least 3, if not more.  I don't see them losing to both the Colts and the Saints, they will beat at least one of them. Once they get past that it's much "easier".. Panthers @ Bills Jags @ Texans They should go 4-0 in that stretch. So, after looking at that.. it's very feasable to think they'll go 13-3 this year, but it's still a long ways away.
    Posted by jasonh86

hope you're correct but IMO they'll be lucky to get out of the next five game at 2 wins and 3 losses. The end of Nov their record could be 7 wins and 5 losses. December should be a sweep ending at 11wins and 5 losses. Same as last season and at 11/5 they failed to make the playoffs. with that "said" I'm considering their playmaking remaining the same as it is currently. I like yor theory better from a selfish standpoint.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

first i fully expect NE to beat their divisional opponents.  NE is the better team (doesn't mean they'll win, but they should).  of course there's indy. although they haven't played anyone really decent yet, they haven't made any messes of their opportunities. they look good and right now, i don't have a good feeling about it. the Jags kept it close the first game of the season so maybe there's something NE can glean from that game.  NO is the game that probably "matters" least but a win there would definitely be a nice deer head on the wall.  should be a shootout and i think brady/moss/welker/whoever will be stepping up by then are as good as anyone in a shootout.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Not since 2005 when the colts beat the pats in FB 40-21 has a colts/pats game been decided by more than 7 pts. 

There have been 4 close games since then and I expect exactly that this time.  Betting this game is for suckers and addicts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillyBoy111. Show WillyBoy111's posts

I believe that teams, as well as players, have a seasonal arc; and that what we have seen in the past two games, against teams we should have beaten, and did, and of Tom Brady's QB play, which has been fairly superb, as it should have been - indicates that the arc, for both team and player, is on the upswing.

So, I see no reason to think NE will lose any in November, and - even as the arc peaks and drops, against subpar December opponents, I don't see any losses there.

By January we will have injuries that will take their toll and, hopefully, we'll be able to afford an ugly loss or two without losing homefield advantage.

Then, again, the upswing will restart - just in time for a deep playoff run.

Sections
Shortcuts