BRUTAL PATS INJURY REPORT... can we CONTINUE to overcome it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

BRUTAL PATS INJURY REPORT... can we CONTINUE to overcome it?

The Patriots provided a brutal injury update tonight, ruling out Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork, Myron Pryor, Steve Neal, Fred Taylor, and Nick Kaczur for tomorrow's game against the Bills.

Playing without Warren, Wilfork, and Pryor decimates the defensive line, which will have to rely on veterans Mike Wright and Jarvis Green, former practice squad player Titus Adams, and possibly heretofore ineffective rookie Ron Brace.

the above is from the globe's extra points area. i am assuming this will be very much like last year's game in buffalo meaning no 4 wide receiver sets with brady in the shotgun for 400 yards passing, this is a maroney grind it out game. brace will play behind titus adams at NT. says MORE about titus than about brace in my view. lets see how he does next year. what if we have another injury during the game? means guys like AD, burgess, and TBC will have to play a lot more than they usually do esp in the RUN stopping schemes. if i am buffalo, i am pounding the rock right down the middle. i dont see how we can stop these guys consistently without warren, wilfork and pryor. we may win but we definitely wont cover. this may come down to a last second FG. funny, it may be a plus we do not have the guys on offense like kaczur and even neal at this point. this game really worries me. how many more times can one team continue OWN another?all things come to an end, hopefully not today. this game may be as close as game one!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: BRUTAL PATS INJURY REPORT... can we overcome it?

The Pats are a strange team.  They have a hard time playing well when they have key players on offense injured, but the D usually plays well when we have players on D injured.  We've had some good games when our secondary was so depleted Troy was back there.

I'll be the fool and say our D will surprise us today.  If it doesn't...  Oh well.  I've ate so much crow this year, one more helping won't kill me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Don't get me wrong these injuries are not good news obviously, but we're not playing the Colts or even the Phins! (I know Buff crushed the Phins a few weeks ago)

If our offense can't hold their own against them, then ummm......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

For the D-line this is where we find out how the backups hold up.  Kaczur is covered more than adequately with Vollmer.  Neal will be missed but we have sufficient backup there too. 

Look at the bright side.  Other than those two areas we are pretty much 100%.  Welker, Maroney, Brady, Moss, Falk playing means we have a more than decent chance to emerge from today with a win.  No real issues with injuries behind the D-Line too.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSRyan. Show PSRyan's posts

These injuries are actually an upgrade if we are committed to running the ball as Vollmer and Connolly are better run blockers.

However, both Warren and Wilfork being out on the other side? We're going to be run on all day. Ouch. We had trouble against the Buffalo running attack last year with Wilfork.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I was thinking Wright was the problem with the Buff run game last year @ DE. He has played well in the past @ NT. Reiss sais Brace was @ DE mostly in camp. Where they line'em up will be something to watch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Pats are actually lucky that's it's going to be a balmy day for Buffalo standards at this time of yr.  Not much wind in the forecast, so it may not be a repeat of last winter's slugfest up there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: BRUTAL PATS INJURY REPORT... can we overcome it?:
    [QUOTE]The Pats are a strange team.  They have a hard time playing well when they have key players on offense injured, but the D usually plays well when we have players on D injured.  We've had some good games when our secondary was so depleted Troy was back there. I'll be the fool and say our D will surprise us today.  If it doesn't...  Oh well.  I've ate so much crow this year, one more helping won't kill me.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Wow, this might be the first prediction I got right this season.  Don't tell me "it's only the Bills", let me live in the moment lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinod04. Show dinod04's posts

Re: BRUTAL PATS INJURY REPORT... can we CONTINUE to overcome it?

And the NFL wants to go to 18 games????

Sections
Shortcuts