Buccaneers @ Patriots REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Buccaneers @ Patriots REPORT CARD

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

I would have gave a B-.  He is being asked to teach on the fly.  I really think he is having trust issues with these young receivers and they are not on the same page.  He is guessing where and what they are doing.  Totally unlike what he showed to have with Branch, Welker and Gronk.

There's some truth to what you're saying...and this may be effecting his accuracy. But, if the Patriots are to hold off Miami in the AFC East, and seriously contend this season, Tom must play better. 

I think his reads were ok for the most part. The troubling thing for me is when he throws low to a wide open WR,. It happened a few times. Is he is too excited after seeing someoen wide open? Is it because he rarely steps into his throws anymore(back footed)  is it a sign of getting old? or due to his lack of tunes ups during the year(Maritinez pasing away) I think that gets overlooked a lot. Last couple years McNabb played he threw almost EVERY ball in the dirt. I hope thats not something that comes with age. Otherwise if he corrects that, He is fine.

The rest of the things I chalk up to playing with new guys(knowing when guys will break routes, gauging speed of target downfield) (off target pass to Sudfeld, Ridley last week) He threw to the same guy the last 5 years. I expect adjustments now that he is has to look eslewhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I saw both plays the same way and agree in your assessment of KT and Dobson.  Heard an interesting comment earlier today on Dobson's bobbles.  The observation was that he is still trying to adjust to how hard Brady fires the ball.  That certainly makes sense on a few I saw yesterday.  

Overall, TP, I agree in what you've written.  I, too, would raise Brady's grade perhaps to a B.  He missed a couple of open receivers and the end zone pick was simply a bad play.  

[/QUOTE]

I would def. say so.  Coming from college, unless your QB is the # 1 pick, he was probably throwing it soft compared to NFL Qbs. Brady may not have the strongest arm in terms of har far he can sling it, but in that 10-15 yard area, I dont think many throw a harder ball. I mean he throws some absolute lasers. 2 things I will say about that. Torry Holt used to sprain his fingers all the time and one looks like a hook due to hard passes from Bulger. One game vs Pittsburg a few years back, Brady threw a high heater to Moss in the back of the endzone. Moss got both hands on it but it flew right through his hands. Randy had nothing to say afterwards except that Brady put some heat on it.  Brady throws hard to a fault at times.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I would have gave a B-.  He is being asked to teach on the fly.  I really think he is having trust issues with these young receivers and they are not on the same page.  He is guessing where and what they are doing.  Totally unlike what he showed to have with Branch, Welker and Gronk.

There's some truth to what you're saying...and this may be effecting his accuracy. But, if the Patriots are to hold off Miami in the AFC East, and seriously contend this season, Tom must play better. 

i agree tb has to be better , they all have to play better. For Tom Brady is was a C for anyone else a B something - and then add too it cause they won. Atlanta Sunday nite will be like a playoff and I am glad they are on the road. Atlanta is beaten up too, and it is an NFC game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Brady gets an A for what he is doing with these Rookies.  Go watch Kapernick in SF the last two weeks without his top two recievers to see how much he is struggling and Brady is doing it without his top FIVE.

Oh and with the win Brady is now139-39 in the regular season.  Read that twice and let that sink in. ONE HUNDRED more wins then losses.  .781 winning percentage.  God when he is gone are you all gonna be sorry.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

[QUOTE]

Brady gets an A.  Just because.

Frankly, I thought a "C" grade for Brady was generous. He didn't play well.

[/QUOTE]

^ Absurd.

[/QUOTE]

The sweet thing about judging performace on stats and ratings is that you don't have to waste your time doing silly things like watching the games and paying attention.  You can just check the box score and watch a 30 second highlight clip after the game and get back to the important stuff like slamming posters on the internet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

i agree tb has to be better , they all have to play better. For Tom Brady is was a C for anyone else a B something - and then add too it cause they won. Atlanta Sunday nite will be like a playoff and I am glad they are on the road. Atlanta is beaten up too, and it is an NFC game. 

True...we have all grown to expect more from Brady. But, ask yourself this...what would Pats' fans here be saying if Peyton Manning plays like Brady did today? When the passing game isn't clicking, too many folks here automatically blame his young receivers. I am also concerned after reading reports that Tom is personally contacting Deion Branch and Lloyd. If true, what kind of a message does that end to his young receivers? If he has a major problem with the "weapons" he has, he should be speaking to BB about it, and letting BB handle it. He should not be whining veteran has-beens, and trying to lure them back on the team. What kind of leadership is that?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

^ Absurd.

[/QUOTE]

The sweet thing about judging performace on stats and ratings is that you don't have to waste your time doing silly things like watching the games and paying attention.  You can just check the box score and watch a 30 second highlight clip after the game and get back to the important stuff like slamming posters on the internet.

[/QUOTE]

Even sweeter for you is posting like a fool and stating things that just aren't true about your betters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

True...we have all grown to expect more from Brady. But, ask yourself this...what would Pats' fans here be saying if Peyton Manning plays like Brady did today? When the passing game isn't clicking, too many folks here automatically blame his young receivers. I am also concerned after reading reports that Tom is personally contacting Deion Branch and Lloyd. If true, what kind of a message does that end to his young receivers? If he has a major problem with the "weapons" he has, he should be speaking to BB about it, and letting BB handle it. He should not be whining veteran has-beens, and trying to lure them back on the team. What kind of leadership is that?  

with all due respect TP, how the h3ll do we know if any of that cr ap is true? Every week we are in here speculation about this and that and we all know getting info out of foxboro is the hardest thing but we gonna pick and choose what is fact now?  So Brady had no say in keeping Wes but he is texting branch??? a guy who basically did sqaut last year? Boy you guys make it real easy to root for Brady the way u always try to bring him down.

I saw a player in Brady who isnt perfect , who threw a few very bad passes but one who also made the plays that we needed to win the game and it wasnt even close and it was probably vs  a top 3 secondary in the league. Now we got a new story and another reason to bash Brady?!?!? Cmon man thats weak. Why is he contacting LLyod now?? It doesnt even make sense. Brady may not like the cards he was given, but you will never know cuz he works just as hard no matter who is there and I have seen improvement. No way is he asking LLoyd to come back when he couldnt even get open like these guys. Stop it...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

[/QUOTE]

TP- TB contacting Branch & Lloyd is just a rumour.  Really don't have a source. And I don't believe TB would recruit Lloyd who already turned the Pats and other teams down. As for Branch- maybe. But again hard to believe- Brady is such a disciple of BB's lock down on any team/personnell decisions or moves- I don't think Brady would go out on this own. I think Brady is a great leader.  Plays with passion.  High standards for himself as well as his receivers.  He didn't have his best game yesterday as you noted- yeah average for his level of skill and talent. He's not a one man show- good to see the team, including his rookie receivers step up. I attribute a good portion of yesterdays's success to TB's leadership.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

^ Absurd.

Even sweeter for you is posting like a fool and stating things that just aren't true about your betters.

Wow, that's some ego you have there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

TP, just thought I would add that Brady was really holding the ball a long time in that 1st quarter particularly, whether he was waiting for his receivers to get open or was just hesitent to hrow into tight spaces with them I'm not sure, But I agree that the 4th down conversion to Dobson gave him and the rest of the offense confidence, and I thought that the TB of the mid 2nd quarter to the end of the game looked a lot more familiar than the TB of the first 2 1/2 games this year. Bolden did a heck of a job too yesterday and the run game took off some of the pressure too.

On the secondary, I agree that they wil be tested next week, but overall, coverage has improved pretty dramatically from last year at this time. Instead of guys getting open by several feet, many completions yesterday happened with the DBs right on them.  I think they will continue to improve week by week although I'm still a little iffy on Kyle Arrington; he makes some outstanding plays in the slot and in run support, but as a pure cover guy, he can still get beat pretty badly (he bit big time on a couple yesterday and was slow to recover).

Finally, it will be interesting to see the Bengals game - they have a tendency to get a little out of control and beat themselves, but their defense is for real. Atlanta should be a good game, and you are right, they must be feeling a little anxious about themselves. Being home might give them a little edge, or at least make them feel more confident. I'd like to see the Pats get out in front early and raise doubts in their heads.

Overall, the Pats are moving in the right direction, and I'm happy to see the D starting to assert itself so much. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

what would Pats' fans here be saying if Peyton Manning plays like Brady did today?

Any fair fan would say he played pretty well.

2 TD and 1 INT = 32/16 for a season. Brady was within around 10% of his career average yards per game.

There is simply nothing about Brady's play yesterday for a reasonable man to complain about.

People around here are getting crazier by the day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree TP, Tom has to do better too in order to make a run at the title.  I think he is a bit frustrated having to carry the team on his back year after year and then is given a bunch of new receivers to work with this year, at the back end of his career, while his most dependable and durable receiver is over playing with 5head and the Bronco's who will be at the top in the AFC come playoff time. 

I think TFB feels he has to be perfect for this team to win and when you try to be perfect you make some mistakes.  Not making any excuses for him, I think I have proven I can b e critical of him when I see something I don't like, but I certainly feel his frustration.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Brady has twice categorically denied reports that he's been in touch with Branch and Lloyd about returning.  He was emphatic about it on D & C this morning making it abudantly clear that he does not now nor has he ever had a say in personnel decisions of any kind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

with all due respect TP, how the h3ll do we know if any of that cr ap is true?

RESPONSE: I said, "If true..."

Every week we are in here speculation about this and that and we all know getting info out of foxboro is the hardest thing but we gonna pick and choose what is fact now?  So Brady had no say in keeping Wes but he is texting branch???

RESPONSE: Come on now...apples and oranges. Brady had no say with Welker because he's no the GM. If he has complaints, that where he should be taking them. What does texting Branch have to do with anything...except...if true, what kind of message does that send to these young receivers. Like it or not, because of circumstances beyond his control, Brady has to deal with this set of weapons. He can whine about...or make do. If he has complaints, take them to BB behind closed doors.  

a guy who basically did sqaut last year? Boy you guys make it real easy to root for Brady the way u always try to bring him down.

RESPONSE: True. So why the heck would BB, or any Pats fans, want him back?

I saw a player in Brady who isnt perfect , who threw a few very bad passes but one who also made the plays that we needed to win the game and it wasnt even close and it was probably vs  a top 3 secondary in the league. Now we got a new story and another reason to bash Brady?!?!? Cmon man thats weak. Why is he contacting LLyod now?? It doesnt even make sense. Brady may not like the cards he was given, but you will never know cuz he works just as hard no matter who is there and I have seen improvement. No way is he asking LLoyd to come back when he couldnt even get open like these guys. Stop it...

RESPONSE: I hope you're right. But, the allegations are out there.

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

[/QUOTE]

2 TD and 1 INT = 32/16 for a season. Brady was within around 10% of his career average yards per game.

There is simply nothing about Brady's play yesterday for a reasonable man to complain about.

[/QUOTE]

Stats devoid of any context.  Thanks for proving my point above.  Besides, a C grade is average.  Go back to your box score, or even some actual in game examples, and tell us what you think he did that was above average.  He missed some wide open WRs and his pick was terrible.  Even TFB12 admitted that he made some really bad throws in this game.  Those are things that don't effect the box score.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

RESPONSE: No complaints about throwing a pick in the redzone??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: No complaints about throwing a pick in the redzone?? 

[/QUOTE]

Or not reading the open receivers down field (not as bad as the endzone pick but not his best work either)?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

To gain over a 150 yards rushing against last years number 1 rush defense surely deserves at least an A-. Also as mentioned above tb having over  a 90 rating in that game should be at least a B (would have been an A without that dumb redzone pick). Other than that spot on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd give Brady a B-...maybe more. I thought he made a few mistakes and had a bad read. I also thought he was under some pretty steady pressure up the middle and had little help from his running game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

B -.   for Brady. Thats about right I would say.(there is B +, A-, A, A+) So thats 4 grades from the best.  He missed a td pass he threw into the dirt. Missed an open TE when he should have looked deep. He threw an INT to a guy who was double covered. At the end of day, Brady was in control after a shaky start and lead our team on scoring drives that put the game away and in the 2nd half, it was never in doubt. So yea he looked bad at times but he has new guys as well. Hard to gauge the speed of 4 new integrated players at once.
    The low throws are completely on him.

The one knock I will put on Brady which is kind of hard to fault is that he tries to do much at times. What I mean is because he is so good he thinks he can make a play every time. What we dont see Brady EVER do anymore is what??  Throw the Ball Away! That INT in the endzone was a perfect time to send one up in the 300 section for a souvenier. I noticed this years ago and can probably count the times on one hand. Now is this Brady thinking he can do wrong? I believe SOME coach should have told him by this time thats its ok to throw it away. Most his INTs come when NOONE is open and sometimes you gotta eat it.

He tries to make something happen too often instead of living to see another day. The defense giving up so much in the past 6 years has made him try to be perfect and someone needs to tell him now that our D is playing a lil better, he can eat the ball sometimes and doesnt need to force anything. Thats my "Brady isnt perfect" confession and now noone can call be a Brady Ball Washer.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Stats devoid of any context.  Thanks for proving my point above.  Besides, a C grade is average.  Go back to your box score, or even some actual in game examples, and tell us what you think he did that was above average.  He missed some wide open WRs and his pick was terrible.  Even TFB12 admitted that he made some really bad throws in this game.  Those are things that don't effect the box score.

You do know where you can shove your "context", right?

As I have said before, your "context" and/or your "eye test" are worth less than pocket lint (you have plenty of company in that btw). Actually, they are completely worthless.

The average passer rating in 2012 was 83. Brady had a 93 yesterday. I would call that significantly better than "average" (or a "C").

I will go by facts every time over your "pocket lint". LMAO

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'd give Brady a B-...maybe more. I thought he made a few mistakes and had a bad read. I also thought he was under some pretty steady pressure up the middle and had little help from his running game.

I would go with a straight B (maybe B+). Putting up a 93 with not only rookies, but subs, for receivers is a good day for anybody.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Just read this, on ESPN Boston:

Brady denies NFL Network report on WRs September, 23, 2013 Sep 23 10:20 AM ET By Field Yates | ESPNBoston.com On Sunday, NFL Network reported quarterback Tom Brady had reached out to both Brandon Lloyd and Deion Branch, former Patriot receivers who are currently out of work and free agents.

Speaking on the "Dennis & Callahan Show" on WEEI sports radio in Boston on Monday morning, Brady dismissed the notion that he's reached out to Lloyd and Branch.

"Yeah, I don't know where those, some of those reports come from," Brady said. "Obviously I have relationships with every guy that I've ever played with, certainly guys at the receiver position are some of my best friends and people that I spent the most time and I'm the closest with. But I don't make any personnel decisions, I don't -- I can't talk to coach Belichick about bringing players back. I've never been able to control personnel decisions, so that's -- I'm a player like everybody else.

"We have a scouting department and people that make those decisions and I'm one of the last people that are ever asked or told about what we're doing with players," he continued. "I kind of just mind my own business and try to play quarterback as best I can."

Brady's remarks echoed what he said after Sunday's victory.

"No, I haven’t talked to those guys in a while," he said. "I love both of them. They’re good friends and great teammates, but I haven’t talked to either of them in a while."

In his radio interview, Brady was also asked if he believes that head coach Bill Belichick has decided to ride things out with the current receiver group or to seek reinforcements from outside of the organization.

"Well I think -- the expectation is for us is to get better and improve and the guys that we have are the guys that we practiced with and played with the first three weeks," he replied.

"I mean look, we've -- no one thought Gronk would be out at this point, no one thought what happened with [Aaron] Hernandez would've happened, no one thought Danny [Amendola] would be down, no one thought Shane [Vereen] would be out. I mean, we've got -- there's kind of an unusual set of circumstances but that's where we're at and we're 3-0."