Buccaneers vs Patriots Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Buccaneers vs Patriots Game Thread

From First: Rob Gronkowski is unlikely to play today. It's his forearm holding him back, not his back. Needs to be full strength

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Buccaneers vs Patriots Game Thread

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 1h

Rainy morning at Gillette Stadium ... Will be updating you guys all morning on NFLN. http://instagram.com/p/ej6I4hC_ko/ 

Ben Volin @BenVolin 5m

Wet morning in New England. Forecast says it should be nice for kickoff, but maybe a shower in the 2nd half http://ow.ly/i/3dt4J

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I'm pumped.  I just wish I could actually see the game.  Unfortunately, it's not being broadcast in CT.  How stupid is that!?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss@MikeReiss

Photo: Tom Brady on cover of GameDay magazine sold at Gillette Stadium today.

Embedded image permalink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

New England Patriots @Patriots 2m

The rain let up @GilletteStadium just in time for some final field prep: http://instagram.com/p/ekJnipv8av/ 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Depending on how far west you are in Conn., you're a Giants' fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Looks like Gronk won`t play, lets hope our new offense improved from last week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 25m

From #GameDay First: Rob Gronkowski is unlikely to play today. It's his forearm holding him back, not his back. Needs to be full strength

His forearm could be problematic going forward after two breaks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

ya not to happy to hear that its Gronks forearm holding him back.  Hopefully that dang arm si healed completely before he gets back on the field. Looking forward to the game!Cynicalpatfan if you got good internet watch the game online here http://firstrownow.eu/

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

@jeffphowe Pats inactives: Gronk, Amendola, Washington, Svitek, Slater, Beauharnais, Chris Jones.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

per Reiss:

Weather conditions: Current temperatures are in the mid-60s, and while there are gray skies above, overnight precipitation has passed through at this point. According to Weather.com, precipitation is not expected by kickoff, with temperatures remaining around the mid-60s.

Six more inactive players to declare: The Patriots have already ruled special-teams captain Matthew Slater (wrist) out for today’s game. That means six more players must be declared inactive, and those decisions must be turned into the game officials 90 minutes before kickoff. The feeling from here is that receiver Danny Amendola (doubtful/groin) and tight end Rob Gronkowski (questionable/forearm-wrist) will not play today.

Brady on cover of GameDay: A close-up, insider-the-helmet photo of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is on the cover of the GameDay program being sold at the stadium today.

Stat of the day. The Patriots look to improve to 3-0 for the first time since 2007.

Triplette gets the call: Veteran Jeff Triplette has been assigned to referee today’s game. On the penalty front, the Buccaneers are tied for the NFL high with 23 accepted infractions this season while the Patriots have the second-fewest accepted penalties (7).

National anthem: Performed by members of the Boston-based band, Gentleman Hall.

Color guard: Connecticut State Capitol Police Honor Guard (based out of Hartford).

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Gameday is always exciting, can't wait until kickoff.  This game is going to be very interesting.

Watching NFL network this morning and it was reported on there that apparently Brady has been reaching out to Branch and Lloyd lately as he isn't feeling very good about this rookie group.  Branch is ready to go, Lloyd not so much.

I see Gronk is a no go, darn.  While I want them to be sure he is ready to get back to action I was hoping he would get a little time in today to prepare for the Falcons.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Ben Volin @BenVolin 5m

Wet morning in New England. Forecast says it should be nice for kickoff, but maybe a shower in the 2nd half http://ow.ly/i/3dt4J

I forecast a tidal wave from the Pats running game.   Let's go Ridley!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Just wanted to pass along Sportsbozo's thoughts for this weeks game...

I don't see gronk playing this week but next week is a distinct possibility. As for fragile Amendola one can only guess as to whether he plays or not. I still think we win this week but preedicting a score has now gone out the window. Maybe we win 8-5 (JK). Tell all the boyz I said hey

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ben Volin @BenVolin 5m

I forecast a tidal wave from the Pats running game.   Let's go Ridley!

[/QUOTE]

Hope he has found some better gloves.  I like him, I want him to work out and be a top RB but I will absolutely want him kicked to the curb if he drops the ball today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Today for me is all about progression .  Looking forwards to it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

I'm pumped.  I just wish I could actually see the game.  Unfortunately, it's not being broadcast in CT.  How stupid is that!?

They aren't viewing NE games in NE? I feel bad for you, but maybe you can find a live stream of the game online

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

His forearm could be problematic going forward after two breaks.

anyone know of rules that would allow a brace/protective sleeve?

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Sources tell Yahoo Sports that Danny Amendola (groin) "might play" as soon as Week 4.

Yahoo's Les Carpenter confirms that Amendola completely tore the adductor longus tendon in his groin during Week 1 -- but actually calls that a good thing. The tear eliminates the need for surgery and speeds up the recovery process. Amendola is reportedly healing faster than the standard 2-6 week recovery time and is at a pace closer to 3-4 weeks, meaning he has a shot to play against the Falcons a week from today. Amendola does not have a sports hernia injury.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Bolden!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Nice screen

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

i dont know why they dont use more screen passes that used to be their bread and butter

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Let's Go Patriots!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Finally found a good llink