Bucs at Pats practice notes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bucs at Pats practice notes

I will start it off with this....

1m

Dennard, Dowling, Cannon and Jenkins are all in pads today. We'll see how much they practice

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Bucs at Pats practice notes

Good news for Dennard and Dowling. Cannon has these next 2 weeks to get back into the fold. Jenkins will stay till the end to be a presence for the rooks but he gets the axe on final countdown. Cunningham is all but done with guys like Collins, Buchanan, Bequette all showing promise.  So bu-bye Cunningham, we will bury you with the other 2nd rounders...lol

Its gonna be some tough choices to make with Benard, Bequette, Buchanan, Francis. Havent been impressed with Vega and thats why I wasnt Giddy about him and Armstead who has yet to hit the field. This is why you dont pay attention to Rusty when he tells us in May that BB Nailed the offseason. That was premature. As it stands now, those 2 stiffs wont even make the team. Sooooo, who does BB bring in now? Or do we just go short handed on the Dline with Scrubs who dont play like last year??

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

He is also reporting no sign of Spikes

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bill Belichick tweeting about today's practice

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Good news for Dennard and Dowling. Cannon has these next 2 weeks to get back into the fold. Jenkins will stay till the end to be a presence for the rooks but he gets the axe on final countdown. Cunningham is all but done with guys like Collins, Buchanan, Bequette all showing promise.  So bu-bye Cunningham, we will bury you with the other 2nd rounders...lol

Its gonna be some tough choices to make with Benard, Bequette, Buchanan, Francis. Havent been impressed with Vega and thats why I wasnt Giddy about him and Armstead who has yet to hit the field. This is why you dont pay attention to Rusty when he tells us in May that BB Nailed the offseason. That was premature. As it stands now, those 2 stiffs wont even make the team. Sooooo, who does BB bring in now? Or do we just go short handed on the Dline with Scrubs who dont play like last year??

Cannon and Armstead are in no danger of getting cut, if they're truly injured than they will start the season on an "injured" list.  Vega was an extreme long shot to make this team, nobody said otherwise to my recollection?

Fortson and Cory Grissom can equal Love and Deaderick's output which was minimal, the other end to that is they possibly may be a significant upgrade depending how they develop.  The handwringing is completely overblown because Tommy Kelly is a huge addition along the D Line and you're already assuming Armstead gets cut and is a "stiff."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Cannon and Armstead are in no danger of getting cut, if they're truly injured than they will start the season on an "injured" list.  Vega was an extreme long shot to make this team, nobody said otherwise to my recollection?

Fortson and Cory Grissom can equal Love and Deaderick's output which was minimal, the other end to that is they possibly may be a significant upgrade depending how they develop.  The handwringing is completely overblown because Tommy Kelly is a huge addition along the D Line and you're already assuming Armstead gets cut and is a "stiff."

You must be a BB apologist then. I mean wozzy, you are the main one who has been asking for help on the D line and now you are saying we should be happy with ONE free agent pickup? I can go back and find the many threads where fans were Giddy about Vega and Armstead.  Vega was supposed to help with pass rush and Armstead was a supposed STEAL because he was a 1st round talent. I held back judgement because I didint know of either but I cautioned them making a big impact. You cant make the club from the Tub, so why you think Armstead is gonna be treated like Willie Mac in his 12 year and told we will wait on him is beyond me. Nothing invested so he will be cut if he doesnt see the field like any other guy. Bottom line is maybe not YOU< but plenty of fans were estatic about these 2 guys who are both longshots now and here come the excuses. Cant we ever just say, I was wrong about these guys, They S*ck. Im glad you are happy with bringing in guys who will equal what Deaderick and Love gave us(hopefully) but I aint and you need more than one good DT to play 3-4. Im hoping Buchanan offsets any expectations they had for the CFL guy. I know you are concerned but you seemingly get paid to tout the company line on this board. Its ok to voice criticismm once in a while.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

there is word at practice based on BB's presser that there will be a roster move today...speculation it is Vega

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

You must be a BB apologist then. I mean wozzy, you are the main one who has been asking for help on the D line and now you are saying we should be happy with ONE free agent pickup? I can go back and find the many threads where fans were Giddy about Vega and Armstead.  Vega was supposed to help with pass rush and Armstead was a supposed STEAL because he was a 1st round talent. I held back judgement because I didint know of either but I cautioned them making a big impact. You cant make the club from the Tub, so why you think Armstead is gonna be treated like Willie Mac in his 12 year and told we will wait on him is beyond me. Nothing invested so he will be cut if he doesnt see the field like any other guy. Bottom line is maybe not YOU< but plenty of fans were estatic about these 2 guys who are both longshots now and here come the excuses. Cant we ever just say, I was wrong about these guys, They S*ck. Im glad you are happy with bringing in guys who will equal what Deaderick and Love gave us(hopefully) but I aint and you need more than one good DT to play 3-4. Im hoping Buchanan offsets any expectations they had for the CFL guy. I know you are concerned but you seemingly get paid to tout the company line on this board. Its ok to voice criticismm once in a while.

I don't recall anyone being that high on Vega.  I think Armstead has a longer leash than you think.  As bad as it is that he is missing offseason stuff at least he has played at a professional level so perhaps the transition to the NFL will be a bit smoother.  A bit early to say the guy sucks imo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe 16m

Kenbrell Thompkins just made a special one-handed catch around Rashaan Melvin on a Brady pass for a TD.

Expand

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Woozy,

I think you are underestimating Lovie's play from last year. He was solid last year playing beside Vince. All things being equal I would have prefered Lovie as the 3rd in rotation along with Vince and Kelly.

At this point I would certainly rank Lovie and Deadrick ahead of Fortson and Grissom...I have no clue where Armstead ranks...never saw him play 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Armstead has an infection, which can be serious so I don't want to downplay it, but it's not a broken leg, he could be back tomorrow if it clears.  He represents a high round draft pick in my eyes, so even though they didn't draft one, they did get that young player with upside.

Tommy Kelly is a significant upgrade to the defensive line, he isn't an Albert Haynesworth/Ocho signing where he has to prove all his doubters wrong, this guy has been extremely durable and productive his entire career, has played in both a 3/4 and 4/3 front and I don't know if you watched the first preseason game but nothing has changed.

Fortson and Grissom can both equal the production we got from Love/Deaderick and with the addition of Kelly they actually move back on the depth chart.  One or both of these guys could end up significantly better than the previous two, who proved in their time here to be average back end players, both (Fortson/Grissom) are bigger and stronger than their predecessors.

In total these additions make our defensive tackle/end group much much better even without Armstead, with him (health provided) the group could be dominant.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Woozy,

I think you are underestimating Lovie's play from last year. He was solid last year playing beside Vince. All things being equal I would have prefered Lovie as the 3rd in rotation along with Vince and Kelly.

At this point I would certainly rank Lovie and Deadrick ahead of Fortson and Grissom...I have no clue where Armstead ranks...never saw him play 

I thought next to Vince, Love was the best big kid the Pats had last year. He was not capable of being the all around DT but was more than decent when pushing up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

You must be a BB apologist then.

[/QUOTE]

Hall of Fame BB apologist. Second only to Rusty in that regard, but far far far more knowledgeable and sensible than Rusty could ever be.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I don't recall anyone being that high on Vega.  I think Armstead has a longer leash than you think.  As bad as it is that he is missing offseason stuff at least he has played at a professional level so perhaps the transition to the NFL will be a bit smoother.  A bit early to say the guy sucks imo.

You may be right. I never said he suks though. Have never seen him play. I was referring to the other d lineman weve had here wasting space for the last 3 years led by Ron Brace for the Bust!  I know that each day he missed, someone else is moving ahead of him. If reg. season started now he would be out.  He better get back soon and impress when he does.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

By Derek Havens @ patriotshaven

The New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers took the field Tuesday for their first joint practice of the week.

The two teams will have three joint practices, Tuesday through Thursday, before they play Friday night.

Going from 90 to 180 players on the field, plus double the coaching staff, made the session exciting and chaotic at the same time. All and all, a lot to digest after the practice. The session started three hours earlier than scheduled because of the threat of thunderstorms.

Tuesday Injury Notes: Mark Harrison, Brandon Spikes, Jason Vega, Jermaine Cunningham, Armond Armstead not spotted at practice.

Rob Gronkowski was in shorts and a t-shirt. Marcus Cannon, Michael Jenkins, Tyronne Green, Dan Connolly, Markus Zusevics, Alfonso Dennard and Ras-I Dowling in uniform, but did not participate.

Devin McCourty was wearing red non-contact jersey.

Here are my observations from Tuesday’s practice:

- Going into the practice, I was curious to see what the similarities and differences would be between teams. I thought it was interesting the Buccaneers stretched for a little less time than the Patriots and then spent time immediately working on fundamentals in small groups, mostly tackling and wrapping up. I like the way Greg Schiano worked his troops.

- There was not a lot of work for the second and third stringers by either team Tuesday. The practice was all about getting the starters and sub players game ready. I would expect more reps for the non-starters Wednesday.

- Both the Patriots and Buccaneers were sharp offensively and moved the ball pretty easily versus each other’s defense. The Pats defense played better, but were torched by Vincent Jackson consistently. Brady and the Pats had their way against Tampa Bay, picking on rookie cornerback Johnthan Banks frequently.

When New England’s offense did struggle, the weather seemed to be a factor. Dropped balls, players slipping, the rain gave some of the rookies a hard time. Aaron Dobson had a tough day, but still made some plays.

- The wide receiving core was tremendous Tuesday. Danny Amendola is so precise in his routes, he looks poised to have a huge season. Rookies Kenbrell Thompkins and Josh Boyce had a very good practice. As I previous mentioned, the rain did give the receivers a hard time, but the young trio had a strong performance otherwise. Dobson beat Bucs rookie cornerback Banks several times and continued to flash the ability he’s displayed throughout camp.

The play of the day, however, was Brady hitting Thompkins 30 yards down the sideline for a touchdown. Thompkins, tightly covered by Tampa Bay cornerback Rashaan Melvin, made a terrific one-handed grab behind Melvin’s back. Needless to say, the crowd erupted. Thompkins has put together an incredible camp as an undrafted rookie.

- Will Svitek continues to play well at right guard, as Connolly is not participating in drills (at least team drills). Svitek looks good in the reps he has received and left tackle Nate Solder looked very strong during practice.

- The Patriots had some very interesting looks defensively Tuesday. Jamie Collins played strong side outside linebacker (SAM) with the first team and Dont’a Hightower was at middle linebacker with Spikes absent. On several occasions, Adrian Wilson was playing linebacker in a sub defense and looked very good in the role.

Devin McCourty was at safety and played right cornerback at times, although safety is clearly his better position. It speaks volumes rookie defensive back Duron Harmom takes McCourty’s place at center field during those reps, he has had a good camp.

Dennard, while in uniform, is not getting the reps he normally received. I spoke to him after practice and he said he, “feels pretty good”, but added he, “needs to get healthy first” before returning to his normal workload. I believe his hamstring is the issue.

- Tavon Wilson has had a tough camp and seems to have been passed on the depth chart by Harmon, but T. Wilson made a good play during 7-on-7′s intercepting rookie Bucs quarterback Mike Glennon.

- Leon Washington showed off his impressive return skills once again, displaying incredible vision and speed. The added threat on special teams is one of the more under-the-radar- moves the Pats made this off-season.

Overall, an extremely valuable practice for both teams and one of the more enjoyable sessions for spectators. Camp resumes Wednesday at 2:20. Be sure to check back for another update.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Agree with you about T Kelly...looks like he will be a force and a great compliment to Wilfolk...Can't come close to agreeing with you about Fortson and ol' "Poke Chop"...they bite the sa*k bigtime....just because they might be better than Deadrick and Love is no great recommendation, IMO...we probably should have used one of our earlier draft choices for an interior DL...we need to get at least one more by the start of the season, and I'm sure it will be from the waiver wire....

Vega?..small loss....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Wouldn't surprise me if Harmon leapfrogs Gregory soon. I would not be shocked to see him starting next to A. Wilson this preseason, at least until McCourty is ready for game contact. 

Let's go Pats!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

The New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers took the field Tuesday for their first joint practice of the week.

The two teams will have three joint practices, Tuesday through Thursday, before they play Friday night.

Going from 90 to 180 players on the field, plus double the coaching staff, made the session exciting and chaotic at the same time. All and all, a lot to digest after the practice. The session started three hours earlier than scheduled because of the threat of thunderstorms.

Tuesday Injury Notes: Mark Harrison, Brandon Spikes, Jason Vega, Jermaine Cunningham, Armond Armstead not spotted at practice.

Rob Gronkowski was in shorts and a t-shirt. Marcus Cannon, Michael Jenkins, Tyronne Green, Dan Connolly, Markus Zusevics, Alfonso Dennard and Ras-I Dowling in uniform, but did not participate.

- Going into the practice, I was curious to see what the similarities and differences would be between teams. I thought it was interesting the Buccaneers stretched for a little less time than the Patriots and then spent time immediately working on fundamentals in small groups, mostly tackling and wrapping up. I like the way Greg Schiano worked his troops.

- There was not a lot of work for the second and third stringers by either team Tuesday. The practice was all about getting the starters and sub players game ready. I would expect more reps for the non-starters Wednesday.

- Both the Patriots and Buccaneers were sharp offensively and moved the ball pretty easily versus each other’s defense. The Pats defense played better, but were torched by Vincent Jackson consistently. Brady and the Pats had their way against Tampa Bay, picking on rookie cornerback Johnthan Banks frequently.

When New England’s offense did struggle, the weather seemed to be a factor. Dropped balls, players slipping, the rain gave some of the rookies a hard time. Aaron Dobson had a tough day, but still made some plays.

- The wide receiving core was tremendous Tuesday. Danny Amendola is so precise in his routes, he looks poised to have a huge season. Rookies Kenbrell Thompkins and Josh Boyce had a very good practice. As I previous mentioned, the rain did give the receivers a hard time, but the young trio had a strong performance otherwise. Dobson beat Bucs rookie cornerback Banks several times and continued to flash the ability he’s displayed throughout camp.

The play of the day, however, was Brady hitting Thompkins 30 yards down the sideline for a touchdown. Thompkins, tightly covered by Tampa Bay cornerback Rashaan Melvin, made a terrific one-handed grab behind Melvin’s back. Needless to say, the crowd erupted. Thompkins has put together an incredible camp as an undrafted rookie.

- Will Svitek continues to play well at right guard, as Connolly is not participating in drills (at least team drills). Svitek looks good in the reps he has received and left tackle Nate Solder looked very strong during practice.

- The Patriots had some very interesting looks defensively Tuesday. Jamie Collins played strong side outside linebacker (SAM) with the first team and Dont’a Hightower was at middle linebacker with Spikes absent. On several occasions, Adrian Wilson was playing linebacker in a sub defense and looked very good in the role.

Devin McCourty was at safety and played right cornerback at times, although safety is clearly his better position. It speaks volumes rookie defensive back Duron Harmom takes McCourty’s place at center field during those reps, he has had a good camp.

Dennard, while in uniform, is not getting the reps he normally received. I spoke to him after practice and he said he, “feels pretty good”, but added he, “needs to get healthy first” before returning to his normal workload. I believe his hamstring is the issue.

- Tavon Wilson has had a tough camp and seems to have been passed on the depth chart by Harmon, but T. Wilson made a good play during 7-on-7′s intercepting rookie Bucs quarterback Mike Glennon.

- Leon Washington showed off his impressive return skills once again, displaying incredible vision and speed. The added threat on special teams is one of the more under-the-radar- moves the Pats made this off-season.

Overall, an extremely valuable practice for both teams and one of the more enjoyable sessions for spectators. Camp resumes Wednesday at 2:20. Be sure to check back for another update.

good stuff man. Everything seems in line and what I expected. I think Harmon was a redux to Wilson who is fighting for a spot. This is an example of BB not asking a player to do too much or play outside his comfort level. I felt that was the case with Tavon last year. He played some CB and safety but just didnt have the skillset to play S full time. ON film , watching Harmon on the Rutgers, the 1st thing I noticed is that they played mostly single high safety with Harmon while the other safety hit the box. We saw DMC do this a lot but not Tavon. He doesnt have the range to hit the sidelines from the middle with a pass in the air. ON film Harmon showed over and over that he could make it to the sideline and also hit the WR once he got there. They havent asked him to much outside of that.  So with respect to Harmon, I like how they are brining him along and I see him playing Dmacs role. Remember DMC still has the red jersey so who knows when he will be ready to play for real.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

good stuff man. Everything seems in line and what I expected. I think Harmon was a redux to Wilson who is fighting for a spot. This is an example of BB not asking a player to do too much or play outside his comfort level. I felt that was the case with Tavon last year. He played some CB and safety but just didnt have the skillset to play S full time. ON film , watching Harmon on the Rutgers, the 1st thing I noticed is that they played mostly single high safety with Harmon while the other safety hit the box. We saw DMC do this a lot but not Tavon. He doesnt have the range to hit the sidelines from the middle with a pass in the air. ON film Harmon showed over and over that he could make it to the sideline and also hit the WR once he got there. They havent asked him to much outside of that.  So with respect to Harmon, I like how they are brining him along and I see him playing Dmacs role. Remember DMC still has the red jersey so who knows when he will be ready to play for real.

[/QUOTE]

I dont agree on Harmon. Smart kid, hard hitter, pretty slow for a S...good ST'er...cant see him on the field this year getting snaps on D. Lets not forget TWilson did play a lot last year...still has a ways to go, but dont bury him yet....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Start time for Wednesday's practice taken from the Patriots web site:

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 14
    2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
     - Joint Practice with Tampa Bay Buccaneers (open to public)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Greg A. Bedard ✔ @GregABedard
    Pats: Jamie Collins had a rough time in coverage, and the safety spot is still a mess, especially when McCourty moves to corner.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Greg A. Bedard ✔ @GregABedard
    Pats: Jamie Collins had a rough time in coverage, and the safety spot is still a mess, especially when McCourty moves to corner.

Bedard is the man. He has more knowledge on what is going on in practice in his pinky than I have in my entire being. If he says it, believe it.

I did however mention AWilson is looking slow in coverage and got lambasted here...I stand by my comments, and feel T WIlson and Gregory will be better in coverage than AWilson.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Observations: Day 2 of Tampa week

By Field Yates

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The Patriots and Buccaneers kicked off their week of joint practices with a full pads session on Tuesday afternoon outside of Gillette Stadium. The work was in many ways similar to the practices the Patriots conducted last week with the Eagles.

Below are some notes and observations from the opening workout between the two teams.

1. It wasn't the nearly-flawless performance that he opened up last week's joint practice with, but quarterback Tom Brady was locked in for much of Tuesday's practice, including a hot early stretch during 7-on-7 drills. The highlight of the opening 7-on-7 period was a laser to Danny Amendola on a throw that threaded between a safety and cornerback up the seam. Early in the practice, the Buccaneers secondary provided little resistance to Brady & Co., but they eventually tightened things up.

2. As was also the case last week in Philadelphia, there were NFL officials present for practice. Any time you can have a set of eyes to overview your practice and drills, that's a plus for the team. The refs were actively calling penalties throughout practice when they judged that one had occurred.

3. Not in a bad or good way, but it was interesting to notice the difference in how the two teams approached the early portions of practice when they were working separately. The field where the Buccaneers worked was a perhaps more animated atmosphere, with the team opening practice by congregating for a huddle that included a clapping routine before it. The Patriots stretching and individual position group drills were less colorful. The Bucs also have a huge coaching staff, something that stands out.

4. As they do each day, the Patriots got receiving work in for their running backs. After taking stock of the six backs on the roster, we'd rank them like this in terms of receiving ability: Shane Vereen, Leon Washington, Brandon Bolden, Stevan Ridley, LeGarrette Blount and George Winn. The top four are particularly comfortable handling the football in the receiving game, with Bolden getting the slight edge over Ridley due to route-running ability.

5. Speaking of Bolden, he remains a player of interest for us. He doesn't have any glaring deficiencies to his game, and we saw in small doses last season that he can be an effective runner. Whether or not he's shown the coaching staff enough since his suspension in the middle of last season to take carries away from Ridley and others is a big question entering the season. He appears to be behind Blount as things currently stand, but with as much talent as Bolden has, he should have a chance to earn some carries back with a strong rest of his preseason.

6. The teams worked all four phases of core special teams drills, and on a kickoff return by the Patriots, Bucs linebacker Jonathan Casillas ran right through an attempted block by rookie safety Duron Harmon. That one might have qualified as Harmon's "welcome to the NFL" moment.

7. Minor housekeeping note: unlike in Philadelphia when each team was split into two separate uniforms (blue and white for the Patriots), all members of the Patriots were in blue today (except the quarterbacks), while all of the Bucs were in white jerseys.

8. With Ras-I Dowling and Alfonzo Dennard essentially limited to being spectators during practice, Devin McCourty was once again worked into the cornerback rotation. Until the pair of injured cornerbacks returns, we'd expect this to remain the case.

9. The injuries at cornerback have also opened up more reps for players such as veteran Marquice Cole, who has stepped up admirably when called upon. Though not a player the team likely wants to rely on as a starter, Cole has been sharp in recent practices. As usual, he's also been good on special teams.

10. Play of the day was going to go to receiver Johnathan Haggerty for an impressive leaping catch during the early portion of 1-on-1 drills, but that changed when fellow wideout Kenbrell Thompkins corralled a pass from Brady around an opposing defender. The coverage was airtight and the throw from Brady wasn't perfect, but Thompkins showed tremendous tracking skills to reach around and secure the ball with one hand. It wasn't all perfect from Thompkins, however, as he later muffed a punt (which he managed to pick back up) during a punt return period.

11. The Bucs have a few players who are hard to miss on the field due to their imposing frames, led by receiver Vincent Jackson and safety Dashon Goldson. Jackson is a matchup nightmare for cornerbacks, while Goldson is the type of safety who makes wideouts think twice before coming across the middle.

12. Defensive lineman Armond Armstead, who recently had surgery to remove an infection and is on the non-football injury list, was spotted for the first time on the field on Tuesday. He was dressed in sweats and didn't partake in any drills, but his presence could be a sign that he's creeping closer to a return to action. The Patriots could use the depth along the interior of the defensive line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

11. The Bucs have a few players who are hard to miss on the field due to their imposing frames, led by receiver Vincent Jackson and safety Dashon Goldson. Jackson is a matchup nightmare for cornerbacks, while Goldson is the type of safety who makes wideouts think twice before coming across the middle.

I would have loved to get Goldson last off season.  Him and Cortland Finnegan were on my wish list.

[/QUOTE]