Bucs Vs. Patriots Matchup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Bucs Vs. Patriots Matchup

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/09/patriots_vs_buccaneers_matchup.html

Talib the focus.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Bucs Vs. Patriots Matchup

I saw that earlier. Whats up with Talib needing to tell Spikes where  to line up. It should be as simple as Ok, Spikes you got the Back. As you can see he is lined up outside, GO COVER HIM!

Spikes aint helping himself when he is out there and that was a horrible mismatch anyway. They need to start getting Fletch on the field as Spikes wont be here next year anyway

Yea but back to the main point. Jackson is gonna be Haaard to Gaaaurd in the slot with Arrington. Im hoping they scheme some way so that Arrington isnt outside. I know they want Talib to match up in the slot but if he aint used to it. I would rather keep Arrington there and give him safety help.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

They'll guard him like moss was guarded...  Always a safety over the top.  Take him away( you know BB will approach it this way), and stop the run.  there's your defensive game plan in a nutshell.  I see Mcc getting a pick or 2 in this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

Since Spikes has such difficulty in coverage anyway ... why isn't he sent blitzing more often to apply pressure?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mbear3915's comment:

Since Spikes has such difficulty in coverage anyway ... why isn't he sent blitzing more often to apply pressure?

good question . The answer is we have blitzed the less of any other team in the league but one in the 1st 2 weeks. Its too early for BB to be blitzing so the reason he isnt sent is because they rarely blitz. I would like to see Hightower play some DE on passing downs. That way you still arent blitzing but you are creating that mismatch with speed. Hightower can rush the passer and Im surprised he hasnt more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

cuz he's too slow?  Seems like whenever we send someone like Mayo, they're just 1-2 steps too slow....
    That's why I was hoping Collins can be thrown in there once in a while?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If Spikes is gone next year, better to use him, beat him like a rented mule.  Also give Collins time to learn the pro game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

If Spikes is gone next year, better to use him, beat him like a rented mule.  Also give Collins time to learn the pro game.

Some folks have said he's a slow starter. Not sure if they mean he's slow footed or it takes him a couple of games to find his inner intensity...lol Laughing

I agree, may as well use him to the D's advantage whenever possible. If he wants to get paid big bucks next year - he has to show potential buyers what he has to offer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

cuz he's too slow?  Seems like whenever we send someone like Mayo, they're just 1-2 steps too slow....
    That's why I was hoping Collins can be thrown in there once in a while?

I dont know If I agree. Mayo is faster than Collins so if you think thats the answer I would caution on that. We dont blitz that much at all. Last year towards the end they finally started blitzing Mayo on delayed blitzes and it worked for the most part. All our Linebackers can blitz. Being too slow to Blitz?  Idk, there are usually only 2-4 yards between a blitzer and a QB. What keeps it from happening is a good back to pick up blitz or a good throw but SPikes isnt too slow to blitz, in fact he has good speed in a 5 yard box. Its after that when he has issues. So I dont care WHO they blitz. I believe all our backers can do it. Spikes would be dangerous in that role, but he probably isnt the best option either. I like Hightower in that role. He moves very well for a guy who weighs 265 lbs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

I dont know If I agree. Mayo is faster than Collins so if you think thats the answer I would caution on that. We dont blitz that much at all. Last year towards the end they finally started blitzing Mayo on delayed blitzes and it worked for the most part. All our Linebackers can blitz. Being too slow to Blitz?  Idk, there are usually only 2-4 yards between a blitzer and a QB. What keeps it from happening is a good back to pick up blitz or a good throw but SPikes isnt too slow to blitz, in fact he has good speed in a 5 yard box. Its after that when he has issues. So I dont care WHO they blitz. I believe all our backers can do it. Spikes would be dangerous in that role, but he probably isnt the best option either. I like Hightower in that role. He moves very well for a guy who weighs 265 lbs.

I have no idea who's faster. Only one way to find out. Game speed is different from paper stats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

I have no idea who's faster. Only one way to find out. Game speed is different from paper stats.

This is true. Cant argue that. I will just say that mayo runs a 4.4 and is above average in speed. It doesnt really show when covering backs but he looked fast attacking the line year when he bltizes. The thing about Collins.....He isnt playing so its really not even a debate. When he gets on the field and gains BB trust, we can discuss his role and what he may do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Spikes is not slow.  everytime I hear that, i think he's a linebacker, not a receiver .  He's not a nickel LB, but so what. He is a true linebacker with good insincts and hits hard.  That is what you want on the inside IMO. He can cover.  Coverage is more about being in the right spot than straight lime speed for a linebacker.  in zone blitz packages you see DLs in coverage...!

I hope they resign him . this team needs more hitters and might as well hold onto the one you got.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Spikes is not slow.  everytime I hear that, i think he's a linebacker, not a receiver .  He's not a nickel LB, but so what. He is a true linebacker with good insincts and hits hard.  That is what you want on the inside IMO. He can cover.  Coverage is more about being in the right spot than straight lime speed for a linebacker.  in zone blitz packages you see DLs in coverage...!

I hope they resign him . this team needs more hitters and might as well hold onto the one you got.

I completey agree but judging by the way things have gone with him the last 2 years, I would say he is gone. Maybe noone offers him big money and he comes back at decent money after exploring free agency, but I believe a force like that will be a hot commodity next spring and he leaves for "greener" pasteurs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I completey agree but judging by the way things have gone with him the last 2 years, I would say he is gone. Maybe noone offers him big money and he comes back at decent money after exploring free agency, but I believe a force like that will be a hot commodity next spring and he leaves for "greener" pasteurs

So you agree that losing him would be a mistake?  I'm thinking a strong year by spikes and the d unit as a whole will help BB make the right decision and keep him.  Not sure what you're referring to other than maybe his snaps getting reduced ...?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

So you agree that losing him would be a mistake?  I'm thinking a strong year by spikes and the d unit as a whole will help BB make the right decision and keep him.  Not sure what you're referring to other than maybe his snaps getting reduced ...?

imo, it would be a mistake.  I like his attitude, he hits like a ton of bricks, and he is a playmaker (creates turnovers).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I think it would be a mistake but I also dont know where he caps off money wise. Mayo runs the D but Spikes sets the tone and makes plays. Is Mayo is worth 40 million. How much is Spikes worth combined with Hightowers 1st round salary. I cant see it. I would hope to see him here next year but history sais no.

Coolade, I was referring to all this talk about him working out alone. IDk how they feel about that. Then there was a weird dehydration thing(hungover) and his weird tweets and all that. Personally I only care about his football skills but in light of AH, does another Florida player get paid the next year?  Hmmm, I dont know

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I disagree. The game is changing. His speed was fine for a LB a decade ago. He would have ben a three-down back back then. He's not fast enough for today's pass-centric pgame, to play three downs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Spike is gone with a capital G, after this year , whether we agree or not. Hopefully he signs a big enough contract we get a good supplemental pick for him. Anonymis good original post and thanks for sharing. Not to be a downer but I think Tampa Bay beats the Pats this week 17-13.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Spike is gone with a capital G, after this year , whether we agree or not. Hopefully he signs a big enough contract we get a good supplemental pick for him. Anonymis good original post and thanks for sharing. Not to be a downer but I think Tampa Bay beats the Pats this week 17-13.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

It will probably be close.  The Patriots have had extra time to prepare, and it's in Foxboro - so, there aren't that many excuses (apart from the usual inexperience stuff...lol)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

They'll guard him like moss was guarded...  Always a safety over the top.  Take him away( you know BB will approach it this way), and stop the run.  there's your defensive game plan in a nutshell.  I see Mcc getting a pick or 2 in this one.

While I agree that this is good strategy, McCourty has not played well so far this season over the top. He has been late in help, and has been beaten too many times. 

I have not seen Tampa play this season, but have seen them in camp practice. Freeman actually was impressive at camp practice, showing a big arm, and if anyone recalls, I was giving VJackson very high praise. From what I have read, Freeman has struggled mightily this seasons first 2 games, and if you notice, he has struggled against the Jets and Saints, both defenses coached by a Ryan, who show blitz in confusing packages, sending multiple options from multiple angles. Pressure and confusion is seemingly what beats Freeman. If I see this, surely BB does as well. Will he send pressure and will he confuse Freeman? Or will he play bend but don't break, containing Martin on the edges and leaving the S deep keeping the play in front of him. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

http://www.boston.com/blogs/sports/columnists/kaufman/2013/09/what_we_can_learn_about_patriots_from_sundays_game.html

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Another low scoring games and closed to the 4th quarter.

Pats 17 Bucs 13

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I am not seeing any practice updates on Boyce. If they unleash him this weekend, I think they score more than 25.

My guess is the Bucs play Revis and the other corner to go man. The rest of D will crowd the middle to defend both the running game and passes to Edelman.

Boyce has the ability to make the Bucs D pay for doing that. Boyce will be key to opening things up for Edelman, Ridley and even Dobson.

NWE's D can hold the Bucs to under 21.

With Boyce involved: Pats 30 - 20

With Boyce not involved: Pats 23 -20

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

While I agree that this is good strategy, McCourty has not played well so far this season over the top. He has been late in help, and has been beaten too many times. 

I have not seen Tampa play this season, but have seen them in camp practice. Freeman actually was impressive at camp practice, showing a big arm, and if anyone recalls, I was giving VJackson very high praise. From what I have read, Freeman has struggled mightily this seasons first 2 games, and if you notice, he has struggled against the Jets and Saints, both defenses coached by a Ryan, who show blitz in confusing packages, sending multiple options from multiple angles. Pressure and confusion is seemingly what beats Freeman. If I see this, surely BB does as well. Will he send pressure and will he confuse Freeman? Or will he play bend but don't break, containing Martin on the edges and leaving the S deep keeping the play in front of him. 

I watched the Jets game and the jets defense was throwing  a lot at Freeman and he def. didnt handle it well. Freeman is mobile but not really a threat to run. I think if the Pats just mix their coverages and run blitz so that if they pass, he is pressured to make a quick throw, we will make him pay. I can see BB setting up a few coverages to bait him into a pic like we used to see with Asante. If we can contain the run, I feel pretty good about us being able to win on that side, but noone knows what our offense will look like. Revis is licking his chops hoping he sees the offense from last week. I expect improvement, a simplified gameplan, and a gameplan that includes trying to run. I cant see Brady wanting to throw 50 plus with Revis and Goldson in the back end. They should spread them out and let Ridley find some holes on draw plays.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

I am not seeing any practice updates on Boyce. If they unleash him this weekend, I think they score more than 25.

My guess is the Bucs play Revis and the other corner to go man. The rest of D will crowd the middle to defend both the running game and passes to Edelman.

Boyce has the ability to make the Bucs D pay for doing that. Boyce will be key to opening things up for Edelman, Ridley and even Dobson.

NWE's D can hold the Bucs to under 21.

With Boyce involved: Pats 30 - 20

With Boyce not involved: Pats 23 -20

only if he can create separation and catch the ball....lol Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts