Bucs Will Be a Good Test

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

Bucs Will Be a Good Test

Playing the up-and-coming Bucs in Tampa this Thursday will be a good test for the Brady-led Pats.  Tampa Bay dominated the Chiefs last week on both sides of the ball and feature a young and very aggressive defense. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Re: Bucs Will Be a Good Test

I totally agree...I was curious to watch TB play KC & see if they were going to improve on their 2010 campaign or go into the sophmore slump. TB is for real! They are drinking Raheem's Kool-Aid....Don't be shocked to see these guys play deep into January...

PS....How did we not take a flier on Legarrette Blount last fall?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm stoked.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Yeah, the Bucs have been very Patriot-like the past couple offseasons by grabbing late rd picks, UDFA's, and other teams' cuts to mold a competitive roster.  In addition to Blount they grabbed Ted Larsen who we cut and made him a starting guard by yr endThey also picked up that LB McKenzie that we all liked off our practice squad.  Despite his limited time with the team they like his leadership qualities and apparently he organized some local workouts while the players were still being locked out.   They've definitely done a nice job.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Bucs Will Be a Good Test:
    [QUOTE]Playing the up-and-coming Bucs in Tampa this Thursday will be a good test for the Brady-led Pats.  Tampa Bay dominated the Chiefs last week on both sides of the ball and feature a young and very aggressive defense. 
    Posted by wlbpatriotsfan[/QUOTE]

I disagree. This is preseason football. It's will be a good opportunity for the second and third stringers to continue to show what they can do. Tom Brady will play sparingly, if at all. Look for Tom to crank it up a bit in game three. Veteran DL like Wilfolk, Haynesworth, and Ellis will not be subjected to the Tampa heat...to melt before your eyes...LOL!!  

Still, the game will be interesting to watch for us die-hards.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

In Response to Re: Bucs Will Be a Good Test:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bucs Will Be a Good Test :      I disagree. This is preseason football. It's will be a good opportunity for the second and third stringers to continue to show what they can do. Tom Brady will play sparingly, if at all. Look for Tom to crank it up a bit in game three. Veteran DL like Wilfolk, Haynesworth, and Ellis will not be subjected to the Tampa heat...to melt before your eyes...LOL!!        Still, the game will be interesting to watch for us die-hards.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Definitely. It's a good opportunity for our depth to play some of the league's better talent. It's a great matchup for our second team to play against a different good first team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thursday can't get here soon enough.  Will be a good matchup and very interesting game no matter who is on the field playing.  Bucs will be a tough team to beat this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Just Preseason. No big test. I think Tampa had a good year last year, and takes a step back this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i can't wait to see what bb was up to when he drafted all the guys who all seemed t fit in a power running game. i hope we see some of that being tested in Tampa Bay.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

you actually think BB is going to play brady? i highly doubt even 1/2 of our starters will play. although i do agree that Tampa has made quite a number of improvements, and i regret seeing mcKenzie leave.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Brady will most certainly play, along with all other healthy starters. They won't play for long but they will play.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Looking forward to seeing how the Bucs fair against a real team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I expect the starters to play at least the whole 1st quarter. Tampa won 10 games last year and i think they are even better this year. I hope none of you are expecting another 47 point output.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE] Crusty its the preseason,a better test for the Pats would be beach sandcastle making or streching cats and throwing them in to the ocean.The only thing preseason is good for is seeing how the quarterback hooks up with the reciever and putting money in the owners pocket.Why cant thet just end it PLEASE?
    Posted by Mybologna[/QUOTE]

Tell that to BB and he'll make Wilfork sit on you

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Thursday can't get here soon enough.  Will be a good matchup and very interesting game no matter who is on the field playing.  Bucs will be a tough team to beat this season.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Ageed. I'm looking forward to the game, too. I want to see if Hoyer and Mallett can turn in back to back good performances...and whether they can play well on the road.    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]you actually think BB is going to play brady? i highly doubt even 1/2 of our starters will play. although i do agree that Tampa has made quite a number of improvements, and i regret seeing mcKenzie leave.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

I agree. You going to put Brady out there with a rookie LT against a team that has a aggressive defense? Light is just getting back, so you have to think he's not ready; come to think of it, half of our team has been out for substantial stretches...not sure if this is the week to see/evaluate anything. Sloder has looked good, but I don't chance a thing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

yes lets let hoyer or mallett get killed with solder or light protecting their blind side till they break off the rust.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]yes lets let hoyer or mallett get killed with solder or light protecting their blind side till they break off the rust.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

agreed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Thursday can't get here soon enough.  Will be a good matchup and very interesting game no matter who is on the field playing.  Bucs will be a tough team to beat this season.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

you kidding? reg season can't get here soon enough!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I bet the available firsts play two series or so.  The hyper-compressed offseason makes it imperative that they at least get in and do some things full contact game speed.  And they cant play much more than half of the last game, so they will have to play some of this one.  But, then again, who knows, BB does what he likes anyway.  I really enjoyed watching the 2s last week, seeing all the young talent.  It will be good to see them against a better team, and a less passive coach.  

Sections
Shortcuts