Buffalo Bills Sale

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Buffalo Bills Sale

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Speaking of Trump, whom I have never met, I have had the pleasure of meeting his daughter once. What an impressive young woman. Very, very bright. Very, very well spoken and polite. Impressed me as being mature well beyond her age. Also, very, very beautiful, but came across as very tasteful and elegant. 

From what I have heard, really the opposite of her dad.

[/QUOTE]

advantages in life tend to do this

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Donald Trump is free to make a bid if he so desires but as in virtually all transactions of this kind it takes a willing buyer AND a willing seller.  I'd be surprised if the other 31 owners supported his purchase of a franchise.

And I often disagree with George Will but in the case that I cited he is spot on.  I will add that in addition to being a bloviating ignoramus, Trump is pluperfect twit.

[/QUOTE]

well said Sir!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Donald Trump is free to make a bid if he so desires but as in virtually all transactions of this kind it takes a willing buyer AND a willing seller.  I'd be surprised if the other 31 owners supported his purchase of a franchise.

And I often disagree with George Will but in the case that I cited he is spot on.  I will add that in addition to being a bloviating ignoramus, Trump is pluperfect twit.

[/QUOTE]

Well, time will tell.   If it gets as far as an owners vote I'll be surprised if he doesn't get the necessary votes.  He doesn't need all 31, he "only" needs 24. 

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2014/3/26/5548174/nfl-ownership-rules-buffalo-bills-sale-ralph-wilson" rel="nofollow">http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2014/3/26/5548174/nfl-ownership-rules-buffalo-bills-sale-ralph-wilson" rel="nofollow">http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2014/3/26/5548174/nfl-ownership-rules-buffalo-bills-sale-ralph-wilson

And, without trying to change your mind, have you noticed how many times he's been in Kraft's luxury box for Pats games?   Did you know they are very good longtime friends?   Think Kraft's opinion would carry any weight among other owners?

It sure would get interesting if Trump came in with the highest offer and then was turned down by the owners.  I'm sure that would go over well with the Wilson family.

[/QUOTE]

Trump still fancies himself a maverick I don't think other owners want anyone rocking the boat too much with the NFL at a peak n popularity and $$$

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to croc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Trump has the right partners around him and promises to keep the Bills near the current location it may be hard to find fault. 

They absolutely need a new stadium. The Ralph is a slightly larger version of the old Patriots dump.  It's not very accessible with limited amenities. They need a new building in a new location.  There is plenty of space, but not a lot of potential corporate sponsors. It will take more than a new football stadium to rebuild that depressed area. ...I wonder if Trump and The Roger would consider metro Toronto to be part of the greater Buffalo area?  Lot better economy, with more people/sponsors. Ralph Wilson always had his eye to the north. It's about 100 miles away. If the stadium was in between they could pitch it as similar to the Pats moving to F'bro. Roger wants to make the game international, that would be step 1. 

In any event with or without Trump, moving the Bills north is a very distinct possibility

[/QUOTE]

I used to think the Bills would move to Toronto.   It made so much sense.   But then a "poison pill" was added to the renewal of the lease for the stadium in Buffalo.   There is a $400M "fee" involved in breaking that lease and moving out of Erie County, NY anytime before 2020.

The Bills are staying put.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

why can't he buy a team? Why couldn't rush Limbaugh

i don't get it how the nfl can decide who can or can't buy a team. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the NFL doesn't want a Donald Sterlingesque owner in the league making racist and inflammatory comments.  I may be wrong...

[/QUOTE]

He was going to be a minority owner. Just like Gloria Estefan is for the Dolphins. No day to day decisions. What racist comments are you referring to? I must have missed something.

[object]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, time will tell.   If it gets as far as an owners vote I'll be surprised if he doesn't get the necessary votes.  He doesn't need all 31, he "only" needs 24. 

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2014/3/26/5548174/nfl-ownership-rules-buffalo-bills-sale-ralph-wilson" rel="nofollow">http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2014/3/26/5548174/nfl-ownership-rules-buffalo-bills-sale-ralph-wilson" rel="nofollow">http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2014/3/26/5548174/nfl-ownership-rules-buffalo-bills-sale-ralph-wilson

And, without trying to change your mind, have you noticed how many times he's been in Kraft's luxury box for Pats games?   Did you know they are very good longtime friends?   Think Kraft's opinion would carry any weight among other owners?

It sure would get interesting if Trump came in with the highest offer and then was turned down by the owners.  I'm sure that would go over well with the Wilson family.

[/QUOTE]

I agree...look, RK and the other owners know what Buffalo is, and they know what LA is...by hook or by crook, they are going to get a team into LA, and a $400M poison pill will not be a deterrent, more likely a thank you present from the NFL as they are walking out the door

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the NFL doesn't want a Donald Sterlingesque owner in the league making racist and inflammatory comments.  I may be wrong...

[/QUOTE]

He was going to be a minority owner. Just like Gloria Estefan is for the Dolphins. No day to day decisions. What racist comments are you referring to? I must have missed something.

[object]

[/QUOTE]

There are those who consider Trump's widely publicized pursuit of the so-called 'birther' issue to have significant racist overtones.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object]

[/QUOTE]

There are those who consider Trump's widely publicized pursuit of the so-called 'birther' issue to have significant racist overtones.

[/QUOTE]

Questioning the guys birthplace is racist? What about questioning his school records that were never produced, is that considered racist? From what I've seen questioning anything about Obama is considered racist. Trump I'll agree does some dumb things and I'd never vote for him but IMO he has the right to put in an offer for the team. So did Limbaugh for a minority share of the Rams.

[object]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Questioning the guys birthplace is racist? What about questioning his school records that were never produced, is that considered racist? From what I've seen questioning anything about Obama is considered racist. Trump I'll agree does some dumb things and I'd never vote for him but IMO he has the right to put in an offer for the team. So did Limbaugh for a minority share of the Rams.

[object]

[/QUOTE]

Phil, I have no interest whatsoever in engaging in a point/counterpoint discussion on the subject.  But I do have two questions in that regard:

1)  When was there another occasion when an incumbent POTUS country of birth was questioned?

2)  Would Trump have questioned the country of birth of a POTUS who had red hair and freckles with the name Seamus O'Boyle?

(I didn't make up the name Seamus O'Boyle.  I served with him in the USN.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object]

[/QUOTE]

Phil, I have no interest whatsoever in engaging in a point/counterpoint discussion on the subject.  But I do have two questions in that regard:

1)  When was there another occasion when an incumbent POTUS country of birth was questioned?

2)  Would Trump have questioned the country of birth of a POTUS who had red hair and freckles with the name Seamus O'Boyle?

[/QUOTE]

Agree on the point counter point but why couldnt he just have provided it? Just give it up and say there. I dont know what Trump would have thought about your Navy friend which kind of makes that an unfair question but the birth certificate issue could have been a bigger issue if the press wasnt in O's pocket.

They questioned Bush's military records, which was proven to be a made up accusation so theres a parallel there.  Back to football my friend, we can agree to disagree.

[object]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree on the point counter point but why couldnt he just have provided it? Just give it up and say there. I dont know what Trump would have thought about your Navy friend which kind of makes that an unfair question but the birth certificate issue could have been a bigger issue if the press wasnt in O's pocket.

They questioned Bush's military records, which was proven to be a made up accusation so theres a parallel there.  Back to football my friend, we can agree to disagree.

[object]

[/QUOTE]

also major Kerry military questions...not that he was POTUS

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object]

[/QUOTE]

also major Kerry military questions...not that he was POTUS

[/QUOTE]

Agree, and hes another guy I'd never vote for. 

[object]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object]

[/QUOTE]

Probably best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

How do you live life with a name like Seamus?  Did he kill his Mom? I'm in Brazil right now and this country is about to shut down. Have a good afternoon.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

But, but I'm a good poster!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

How do you live life with a name like Seamus?  Did he kill his Mom? I'm in Brazil right now and this country is about to shut down. Have a good afternoon.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

But, but I'm a good poster!

[/QUOTE]

You can pick this up when next you sign on.  Seamus (pronounced shay-mus) was a  perfect fit for his Irish heritage and, believe me, he looked the part.  Although I never asked him, I'm guessing family name.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

I agree...look, RK and the other owners know what Buffalo is, and they know what LA is...by hook or by crook, they are going to get a team into LA, and a $400M poison pill will not be a deterrent, more likely a thank you present from the NFL as they are walking out the door

[/QUOTE]

The team moving into LA won't be the Bills.   The NFL has enough bad history with teams moving from areas where they were heavily supported.   Buffalo is a decaying city, but the fans support the team.

The new owners of the team won't even get the keys without taking a pledge to keep the team local.  Goodell wants the team to stay in Buffalo.  He's said that repeatedly.  That trumps (no pun intended) any other consideration, right or wrong.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Time to end the discussion when you get the tea baggers and fix news chiming in.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Time to end the discussion when you get the tea baggers and fix news chiming in.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

why cause you can't argue with fiscal responsibility ?  Oh well. Maybe you can make something up. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The team moving into LA won't be the Bills.   The NFL has enough bad history with teams moving from areas where they were heavily supported.   Buffalo is a decaying city, but the fans support the team.

The new owners of the team won't even get the keys without taking a pledge to keep the team local.  Goodell wants the team to stay in Buffalo.  He's said that repeatedly.  That trumps (no pun intended) any other consideration, right or wrong.

[/QUOTE]

I am thinking the Bills in LA is already 50% done deal, and it will have the owners blessing, therefore Goodell's as well

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am thinking the Bills in LA is already 50% done deal, and it will have the owners blessing, therefore Goodell's as well

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

thats one of the prices a state pays for having 3 teams. Out buffalo way is the steelers and the browns. One of them becomes relevant again and the bills will be forgotten   I believe that hoyer stays healthy and manzel doesn't see the fiend this year. Josh Gordon will hurt but the browns have some talent. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't think many realize how close the Pats were to moving out. Twice. Once with Orthwein and again with RK until hem worked out the stadium

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think many realize how close the Pats were to moving out. Twice. Once with Orthwein and again with RK until hem worked out the stadium

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

i still have the Hartford patriots hat my dad bought me. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

If Kraft hadn't bought the team from Orthwein the Pats to St. Louis was pretty much a done deal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I think it's important to understand that the entire Hartford thing was pretty much a ploy for Kraft to get what he wanted in Foxboro.  Anyone familiar with the City (I work there) would tell you that the proposed site was about as impractical a location as one could possibly conceive for an NFL stadium.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I think the Bills stay in the Buffalo Toronto Niagara Region, but just over the border in Ontario, Canada. Internationalizing the league has huge PR, Advertising and Political-Economic Value that LA does not possess. LA has gotten along well without a franchise and the league has gotten along well without LA. Adding a team in Canada to the NFL mix expands the global reach of the league that will have far reaching economic implications if this becomes the kickoff of continuing global growth .

Sections
Shortcuts