Burgess gets it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Re: Burgess gets it

why isnt burgess playing at defensive end??? and just flat out pass rushing?

isnt this what made him a multiple time pro bowler?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Burgess gets it:
    [QUOTE]why isnt burgess playing at defensive end??? and just flat out pass rushing? isnt this what made him a multiple time pro bowler?
    Posted by rebels1520[/QUOTE]

Exactly--both Thomas and Burgess come from systems where they were allowed to attack the QB more--and both were really great at that. BB is trying to force fit these two guys into the Vrabel mode and it's just not working. No one is happy.  I think BB would be smart to adjust his scheme a bit to give these two guys a role more like they had on their prior teams (Baltimore and Oakland).  I think that would make Thomas and Burgess happier and also maybe give us a pass rush again--something we desperately need.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Burgess gets it:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Burgess gets it : Exactly--both Thomas and Burgess come from systems where they were allowed to attack the QB more--and both were really great at that. BB is trying to force fit these two guys into the Vrabel mode and it's just not working. No one is happy.  I think BB would be smart to adjust his scheme a bit to give these two guys a role more like they had on their prior teams (Baltimore and Oakland).  I think that would make Thomas and Burgess happier and also maybe give us a pass rush again--something we desperately need.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I think BBs a little too stubborn to change.....and have become too predictable on  both sides of the ball.  Seriously. What kinds of changes have occurred to counteract the fact that OTHER teams have adapted to our offense from 2007? Maybe OTHER teams' offense have adapted to our 3-4 defense - and our defensive tendencies.