Burgess might retire, trade for a new OLB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

Burgess might retire, trade for a new OLB

I'm thinking Shawne Merriman for a 2nd-round pick no matter what you say about him not liking New England since that playoff game. I think he will play better in New England than in San Diego maybe even 10+ sacks better since he's two years removed from the knee injury.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Re: Burgess might retire, trade for a new OLB

could happen, if he fits in our defensive scheme he will upgrade our defense instantly 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Na, he's not good anymore, the knee screwed him, not the same player anymore. There's nobody else decent out there, so kiss this yr. goodbye.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Burgess might retire, trade for a new OLB:
    I'm thinking Shawne Merriman for a 2nd-round pickPosted by patriotzking18

never, we'll build back up through the draft. attrition is a good thing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

we should have traded for wimbley from the browns. but i don't think roid man would help the chemistry here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

I say trade for Merriman. He will upgrade the OLB instantly. If we trade for Merriman and turn him back into the sack machine he once was, I am for it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I would rather see Mankins and a 4th rounder to the Steelers for LaMarr Woodley.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

In Response to Re: Burgess might retire, trade for a new OLB:
    I would rather see Mankins and a 4th rounder to the Steelers for LaMarr Woodley.
    Posted by FishTaco64

Even better!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

How do you know that Merriman's success doesn't come from having Shawn Philips play opposite him? 

No need to jump off the Titanic yet, it's only a scratch. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

Merriman is the biggest d_bag in the NFL. Let us hope we don't get this guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't think the Patriots hold Merriman in high regard. With that said I think they will opt for what they have available in camp and hope that someone takes charge of the position. TBC is a starter on one side of the field and Rob Ninkovich is on the other side at the present time. Cunningham and the rest of the guys will fight it out for playing time.Maybe Marques Murrell or a Dane Fletcher type of guy benefits from the open competition....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Why waste a good draft pick when you can probably sign a vet who gets released during the pre-season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Burgess might retire, trade for a new OLB:
    I'm thinking Shawne Merriman for a 2nd-round pick no matter what you say about him not liking New England since that playoff game. I think he will play better in New England than in San Diego maybe even 10+ sacks better since he's two years removed from the knee injury.
    Posted by patriotzking18

Why would the Patriots ever consider trading a second round draft choice for this vastly overrated loud-mouth? He was never the same player after he got off the roids...and has been further slowed by a serious knee injury.

Yes...the Pats have a weakness at OLB. But Merriman is not the answer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Burgess might retire, trade for a new OLB:
    In Response to Burgess might retire, trade for a new OLB :      Why would the Patriots ever consider trading a second round draft choice for this vastly overrated loud-mouth? He was never the same player after he got off the roids...and has been further slowed by a serious knee injury.      Yes...the Pats have a weakness at OLB. But Merriman is not the answer.       
    Posted by TexasPat3

Totally agree Tex, Merriman is a has been and all your getting in this trade is the name and not the production.

Sections
Shortcuts