Burgess reinstated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

Burgess reinstated

I knew it!

this was the comment I made on the initial story of his "retirement"

"I'm willing to bet Burgess' choice will become even more clear for him once two-a-days are over."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Burgess reinstated

He pulled a Favre

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Burgess watched the game last night and figured he'd better come along for the ride this year. Can't blame him for that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

I'm also predicting Mankins is in uniform for the season opener. His pride won't allow him to let his team down the way Kaczur is right now. Nick Kaczur isn't hurt and Mankins won't let his team suffer from that guy's drug addled delusions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Well I guess that's decent news after hearing the news on Warren...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Burgess reinstated:
    He pulled a Favre
    Posted by Tcal2

Tcal- I don't know if you saw the other thread but my Avatar is Cyrus from the Warriors.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

Well I guess that's decent news after hearing the news on Warren...
    Posted by magicalhobo

First thing that came to mind..... Bo Jackson.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Burgess reinstated : Tcal- I don't know if you saw the other thread but my Avatar is Cyrus from the Warriors.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Yes I did e. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i had a suspicion burgess just didn't want to go to camp. now if we can just find another pass rusher when teams cut down the rosters/FA. schobel and ellis seem like to top FA as of now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I'm also predicting Mankins is in uniform for the season opener. His pride won't allow him to let his team down the way Kaczur is right now. Nick Kaczur isn't hurt and Mankins won't let his team suffer from that guy's drug addled delusions.
    Posted by ebuddha

How do you know he is not hurt Doctor ebuddha?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Many of us suspected Burgess just didn't want to go through camp and two-a-days.  It looks like we were right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

who cares. he was awful last year and now he's out of shape to boot. lets hope we dont have to rely on him. bring on schobel! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Burgess should be decent this year.  He played well down the stretch, he may get 7 or 8 sacks and provide some pressure now that he knows what's expected.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I posted a link to this in the Ty Warren is done thread.  Burgess reported to camp and passed his physical.  Hes in.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2010/08/13/ty_warren_placed_on_ir_burgess_reports/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

From SI.com

Fortunately for the coach, linebacker Derrick Burgessreported Friday and was reinstated from the reserve-did not report list after considering retirement. He gives the Patriots an outside pass rusher, mitigating somewhat the loss of Warren. Burgess passed his physical and conditioning test Friday and is expected to practice Sunday after Saturday's day off

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

So everyone has to go through camp except him?  Cut his lazy a**.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

So everyone has to go through camp except him?  Cut his lazy a**.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Seriously. Unless something serious happened to him or his family which it doesn't sound like it did then he is a Jabroney and doesn't deserve to be on this team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

OK, so let's get on with the business of winning football games.  Hardly a surprise the guy wanted to skip training camp.  Let BB deal with it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

They are going to need Burgess, playing hooky or not.  He just better committed and ready to go.  I am actually curious to see how he looks in the game this week.  At least he passed his physical.  Anyone seen Ron Brace?   Imagine playing at BC and then being drafted by Belichick and then you blow it before even really playing?  Whoa.
    Posted by russgriswold
    As long as Burgess is Healthy, we need bodies right now. I have a good feeling about him this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

I hope this is the year  he reaches his "potential"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Building a team of players who want to give 100% is more important than piling up bodies of washed up has-beens.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Just hope his heart is really in this, because pulling a Favre sends a bad message amoungst teammates.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

The Patriots didn't seem to have much reaction to it at first.  Made me wonder if they knew it, both camps weren't saying much of anything.  Odd to sign a new, two year contract, then not show up.  Wonder if it was sort of agreed to ahead of time.  Doesn't make sense, but the team made no move to get an answer for a long time, or threaten him, or whatever.

Sections
Shortcuts