burgess to play more line than backer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

burgess to play more line than backer

with the trade of richard seymour  does anyone think that derrick burgess will see more time at end than at linebacker im sure he'll play both but i think he will play more line... i think he will if BB doesnt bring in anyone at the end...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

Re: burgess to play more line than backer

I believe that Burgess was one of the reasons the Pats felt they could trade Seymore.  Most of the pre-season Burgess was lining up at DE in the 4-3 packages, while Seymore was at RDT.  It's also possible that Seymore wasn't adapting well to his new roll in the 4-3 and wouldn't be able to play every down.  I view Burgess as the opening day starter at RDE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Who no's what going 2 happen this year now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Then who do you think gets the snaps at OLB opposite AD pierre woods or gary guyton in 4-3..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

Fron what I've heard, it looks like guyton will see more playing time at OLB than Woods, in the 4-3. I don't know if it's a size thing or if it comes down to quickness or what (since Woods has more eexperience in the Pats system) but this is what I've heard, mostly from CSN.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: burgess to play more line than backer:
    Fron what I've heard, it looks like guyton will see more playing time at OLB than Woods, in the 4-3. I don't know if it's a size thing or if it comes down to quickness or what (since Woods has more eexperience in the Pats system) but this is what I've heard, mostly from CSN.
    Posted by RahZid
    Evidently what happened is they were offered a number 1 from a team perennially losing more than winning assuring the patriots of a fairly high pick,who will take DE position will be a split between Burgess and TBC in the 4-3 as for the 3-4 they could theoretically play them both in a stack on the same side and let the opposing team figure out which one is playing the end position.Guyton has won the OLB in the 4-3. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

burgess will be at the DE position,banta cain will be starting at OLB.and then you will have your sub packages.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

We pick up a malcontent with two years of injury history and no production for the last two years and praise the guy!
    We give up a Pro Bowl stud with great history who had 8 sacks last year from the inside and praise the trade! And claim that he is injury prone!
    We call Seymour old, and Burgess...same age and more injury prone...is great.
    Then I read all these bloggers talking about Guyton, Burgess,Woods, some rookies in the line.... all in front of a weak secondary... and you talk like all this will suddenly work? The Bengals now have a better defense than we do.
    But I get it....BB will "coach them all up"!!! Scott Pioli, plllllease return.
    Dan S.......thank you for having the courage to print the truth today in your column about the insane giddiness surrounding this horrendous Seymour trade.
    Best of luck to Richard Seymour and his new team...10 sacks and plug the middle in the running game. You are great.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Same old Jets troll BS. I am glad you know more than BB. Maybe you can get a job advising the Jets. If you actually knew anything you would know that the Pats are going to a 4-3 this yeat where a speed pass rushing end like Burgess is placed to get double digit sacks and a player like Seymour would have to play inside at tackle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Undoubtably Burgess will get alot of time at DE in the 4-3...and maybe some time at OLB AND DE in the 3-4 on passing downs.  Green, burgess, folk, and wright/pryor/brace at DT will be fine.  Thomas mayo and guyton on 1-2 downs, and TBC on third in the 4-3...and add burgess/TBC to thomas mayo guyton in the 3-4.

Sections
Shortcuts