burgess

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: burgess

To a rational businessman, burgess' trade value would be dropping every day he continues his hold out. Unfortunately the senile old fool who owns the raiders is not a rational businessman.

It seems that he wants to save face by avoiding another sodimization by BB and company, like he received on the moss deal.
    I say, give him what he wants, a second rounder, but in 2011 or 2012. That way we get our player  (we desperately need this guy) and al can brag about getting what he wanted in the trade.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I say, give him what he wants, a second rounder, but in 2011 or 2012. That way we get our player  (we desperately need this guy) and al can brag about getting what he wanted in the trade.  

That may not be a bad idea, if the old fool will go for it (although he might be dead or institutionalized by then)! I'm sure between now and then BB will have aquired more 2nd rounders. He seems to like these even better than firsts! Al can think he got one over on Bill, and the team could get a player who might be a needed piece to the puzzle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to burgess:
    [QUOTE]according to len Pasquarelli of espn.com: " Burgess trade talks still smoldering: The once roaring flames have been reduced to embers, but don't be surprised if defensive end Derrick Burgess is still traded from Oakland to New England before training camp. The Pats had only 30 sacks in 2008, and although Bill Belichick is masterful at conjuring up ways for his linebackers to make plays, New England would still like to improve a relatively toothless pass rush. The Patriots had only three players with more than three sacks last season, and one of them, linebacker Mike Vrabel (four sacks), was traded away. The two teams discussed a Burgess trade during the draft, but sources said the Raiders backed off from the deal, perhaps fearing a repeat of the Randy Moss giveaway. With the addition of former Cowboys sackman Greg Ellis , the Raiders don't need Burgess as much as they did at one point. An eight-year veteran, Burgess posted just 3½ sacks in 2008, but had 35 sacks (including 16 in 2005) the previous three years." while i think this would be a good pick up and allow us to have the veteran depth at OLB i just hope that the cost isn't too high being that this is his final year in his current contract.  has anyone heard anything?
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE] its still in the air.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/231098-raiders-and-patriots-rumored-at-a-stalemate-over-derrick-burgess-trade

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

"Vince Redd is a guy who might have the best raw talent and the speed.
    It's going to be an interesting season for us Patriot Fans."

Hey longhair--Redd is with the Kanas City Chiefs

Lets hope Tully's injury isn't too severe and he will be back on the field soon.

and I'd liketo see more from Adalius Thomas-- he's been somewhat of a disappointment. Eli should never have been able to break away from him to get that pass off.!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

In Response to Re: burgess:
    [QUOTE]In Response to burgess : its still in the air. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/231098-raiders-and-patriots-rumored-at-a-stalemate-over-derrick-burgess-trade
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

that is some crazy article! its a little hard to take it seriously though, when the "analyst" suspects that the pats are going to consider offering the raiders wilfork in exchange for burgess. one of the classic quotes from this article:

Others speculate the Raiders may want Vince Wilfork because he may be becoming absolete due to possible contract disputes or the recent drafting of DT Ron Brace.

now that in brilliant! i think this guy is going to suggest that the pats will be offering tom brady for jamarcus russell. because brady is becoming absolete.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

In Response to Re: burgess:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: burgess : I realize that they wll probably end up cutting him but they will do so after training camp. I would give up the 4th round pick in order to get him during training camp so he has more time to learn the system and practice with the pats players.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Good call.  The Pats got their man and intime for most of the preseason like you suggested.