..but if we can't blow out the Jets, Dolphins and Bills what will we do in the playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

..but if we can't blow out the Jets, Dolphins and Bills what will we do in the playoffs?

OK, some really strange calls but why are we concerned about the refs deciding a close game with the Jets if we have SB aspirations? Any team that is even in a game with the Jets will not last long in the playoffs, even with refs on their side.

There is still time to adjust, even with the injuries to blow away the remaining division opponents and get 2nd seed in the AFC.

Can this team adjust and how much should they mortgage the future to do so?

Do they need a new player?

What player do they need to be over the top...be able to beat Denver, KC, and Seattle lets say? Because if they cannot do that then really they should be bulding to next year.

--A LB that has range and covering ability?

-- a CB as a backup?

-- will armstead and kelly be the remedie for that great OL push the jets were getting or do they need a DL?

-- is the pass rush what they really need? Could Hightower fit better doing that than coverage?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: ..but if we can't blow out the Jets, Dolphins and Bills what will we do in the playoffs?

Jets have the number 4 D in the league... blow out win was just missed... moving on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: ..but if we can't blow out the Jets, Dolphins and Bills what will we do in the playoffs?

Jets 46 minutes TOP.  Ivory 100 yards rushing.   Jets match season high in points.  Jets called for 9 penalties... all legit?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Jets have the number 4 D in the league... blow out win was just missed... moving on.

Was not as concerned with the offense, I think the OL adjusted in this game and the offense will get better as the year progresses. 

My suggestions are on the defense. We don't really know..but suspect the injuries will have a big impact. I'd say the Jets offense scoring 23 is an indication that perhaps a realistic look at this team and its parts should be made. If they cannot easily handle the Jets perhaps they should look at the components and detemine if a new player needs to be brought in...they just might not have the horses to go far into the playoffs regardless of how good the coaching is.

Then again first game after losing Mayo may be the reason..need a few games to adjust.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

Jets 46 minutes TOP.  Ivory 100 yards rushing.   Jets match season high in points.  Jets called for 9 penalties... all legit?

Think the Jets D was chomping at the bit and did jump offsides alot.. maybe sme of those jumps were not called..but that is the way officiating at every level works, if it is too lopsided makeup call are created.

Still, the Jets looked like they out manned the PAtriots and the Pats stayed in it just from better coaching and smarts. Not every team will be as poorly coached as the Jets.

Just think the Pats might need another body on D to be competative in the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Think the Jets D was chomping at the bit and did jump offsides alot.. maybe sme of those jumps were not called..but that is the way officiating at every level works, if it is too lopsided makeup call are created.

Still, the Jets looked like they out manned the PAtriots and the Pats stayed in it just from better coaching and smarts. Not every team will be as poorly coached as the Jets.

Just think the Pats might need another body on D to be competative in the playoffs.

You think?  First game Jets 8 penalties to Pats 3 penalties. I recall Falcons fans crying about the Pats mugging Gonzalez near the goal line.  They blamed the NFL for not calling PI against the Pats.  They said the fix was in.  Seems like the losing teams fans just cry cry cry.

The Jets have a slew of new players, a bunch of new coaches and a lot of very young players.  I'm not dure that translates into poorly coached.  In fact, it looked like Rex had a good plan today.  Hit Brady and run the ball 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

You think?  First game Jets 8 penalties to Pats 3 penalties. I recall Falcons fans crying about the Pats mugging Gonzalez near the goal line.  They blamed the NFL for not calling PI against the Pats.  They said the fix was in.  Seems like the losing teams fans just cry cry cry.

The Jets have a slew of new players, a bunch of new coaches and a lot of very young players.  I'm not dure that translates into poorly coached.  In fact, it looked like Rex had a good plan today.  Hit Brady and run the ball 

Yes, that is the point here..why cry about the refs if you cannot beat the Jets?

Sure I think with all the young talent the Jets will be formadible next year or the year after. The Jets committing more penalties is just a sign of non discipline. I think it comes from coaching. Ryan has coached on emotion and he hopes the energy from that outweighs the mistakes...many times it does not. 

But whatever, the question isshould  the PAts  sh## or get off the pot.? Is it time to invest enough this year to get over the top or save the draft picks or whatever they need to get another body in here and think about the future.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

It is too early to assume playoffs but not too early to ask the question Can this team be competative in the playoffs or do they need a new body?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Yes, that is the point here..why cry about the refs if you cannot beat the Jets?

Sure I think with all the young talent the Jets will be formadible next year or the year after. The Jets committing more penalties is just a sign of non discipline. I think it comes from coaching. Ryan has coached on emotion and he hopes the energy from that outweighs the mistakes...many times it does not. 

But whatever, the question isshould  the PAts  sh## or get off the pot.? Is it time to invest enough this year to get over the top or save the draft picks or whatever they need to get another body in here and think about the future.

Yeah because certainly they could have anticipated losing their best DL and their best LB for the season and their best DB for at least this game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

Yeah because certainly they could have anticipated losing their best DL and their best LB for the season and their best DB for at least this game.

No team could have but they are not in that situation.

Do you think with all the losses on defense the PAtriots are a viable SB contender. I am suggesting a loss to the Jets, despite what thre refs did sya they are not with the personell on the field. Will Armstead and Kelly and a few more games getting used to Mayo being out change that?

that is the question.

Do you think they need to get someone else in on a trade?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

It's been said here that the Patriots have the best D in the NFL.  The basis for this seems to be just one category.  Turnovers.  Why didn't the Patriots just create a turnover on that last drive of the Jets that started on their own 20.  Why did the D have to give up so many yards and plays to a rookie QB?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In playoffs Pats will do NOTHING. Like last year Pats will beat the wildcard team they play and get blown away in divisional round.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

In playoffs Pats will do NOTHING. Like last year Pats will beat the wildcard team they play and get blown away in divisional round.

... aaannnddd another goes on ignore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to ccsjl's comment:

... aaannnddd another goes on ignore.

Cant accept the truth I guess.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Well the Ravens went from the 1 seed to the 4 seed in December last year if I recall but it didn't seem to hurt them much in the playoffs. Talib comes back and the Pats defense once again becomes top 10 (until his next injury that is).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

OK, some really strange calls but why are we concerned about the refs deciding a close game with the Jets if we have SB aspirations? Any team that is even in a game with the Jets will not last long in the playoffs, even with refs on their side.

There is still time to adjust, even with the injuries to blow away the remaining division opponents and get 2nd seed in the AFC.

Can this team adjust and how much should they mortgage the future to do so?

Do they need a new player?

What player do they need to be over the top...be able to beat Denver, KC, and Seattle lets say? Because if they cannot do that then really they should be bulding to next year.

--A LB that has range and covering ability?

-- a CB as a backup?

-- will armstead and kelly be the remedie for that great OL push the jets were getting or do they need a DL?

-- is the pass rush what they really need? Could Hightower fit better doing that than coverage?

This is exactly what I was yelling about after the loss.  

Every masochistic Pats fan on earth (Pats can do NO wrong!) had to blame the call.  The ref's call was pathetic.

No one is talking about p-ss poor play and add #12 still doing his Kerouac "trying to find myself" thing 7 flippin weeks into the season.  First it was the rookie WRs, then it wasn't becuase they blew out the Falcons, then it was again, then it wasn't because they looked good against the Saints....no, this, to me, was about the Jets pushing the line of scrimmage, throwing Sailor Tom into his "panic" mode = bad throws and INTs.  

Considering the D was depleted, they STILL gave the offense a chance to win it in the 4th AGAIN.

It's over; it's a loss.  A deserved one, not a robbed one.  Move on and get better on offense or this season will be a 1 and done.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The AFC East isnt a bad division. No one has been in a blowout. Your expectations were too high.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

It is too early to assume playoffs but not too early to ask the question Can this team be competative in the playoffs or do they need a new body?

We won't be getting a bye that's for sure.  We won't get past the first round unless they bring in a legit receiver, some dline help and for goodness sakes we need some LB's.  Spikes and Hightower are so slow.  And where was Arrington tonight?  And please gert rid of Cole, he can't play football.  What the heck is he doing here.  I think he is still on the field trying to find his jock he was faked out of several times today.  Any old Pats scrubs sitting the bench on other teams that we could bring back and replace this guy with?  Our oline looked bad today too.  I think the only guy who looked good was Ghostowski.

This team is a mess.

Sections
Shortcuts