Butler and Anderson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Butler and Anderson

Sounds like Butler lit it up again today at practice stripping Gronk from a reception, and he had a pick.

Also, I noticed some poor analysis with James Anderson after the 1st preseason game, but he apparently had a nice day today according to the folks over at Patriots Today at Pats.com.

Butler has got to be a lock at this point.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Butler and Anderson

Butler is 2nd best CB on this team.....period.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Rusty, By all the reports I've read, Butler in practices and by what I've observed in 2 preseason games has shown excellent DB ability - especially in man cover. I'm hoping and rooting for him, that he makes the final cuts. I would dislike the idea that this kid was cut and - feel positive - the Jets in particular have eyes on him. Ugh, and don't mean boots!

I'm fairly certain he makes the final cuts.

Take care ....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well Dennard might have something to say about that, Logan Ryan as well.  Let's see him sustain it as a starter over a season before we go that far but I agree his future may be bright.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Well, Butler is absolutely making the 53 man roster.  The only question is whether or not it is on our team on someone else's team.  I don't think there is any chance he gets cut.  He's not just looking good, he's looking like a gem thus far.  

We have a loaded roster.   We can't keep all of our decent players.   I don't think we will cut them though.  I think we will trade them.  There has to be plenty of teams low on the waiver totem pole that need some of our castoffs. 

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Butler has impressed to this point, no question, and I'd love to see him make the 53-man.  Let's see if he continues to perform.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:

Rusty, By all the reports I've read, Butler in practices and by what I've observed in 2 preseason games has shown excellent DB ability - especially in man cover. I'm hoping and rooting for him, that he makes the final cuts. I would dislike the idea that this kid was cut and - feel positive - the Jets in particular have eyes on him. Ugh, and don't mean boots!

Take care ....

Anderson should be a solid backup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Take care ....

[/QUOTE]

Butler would start for the jets right now over milliner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Butler has certainly impressed so far this pre-season, I think he's a near certainty to make the final 53.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It will interesting to see if he can continue to improve, or if he's going to level off and actually decline a bit. I've seen guys start strong before and now they're working at Walmart, but he absolutely looks like a scrappy player. The way Butler went after that ball the other night on that fumble was a thing of beauty, there aren't a lot of guys wired like that...to have their minds going that fast...and being a step ahead like he was on that play.

It was also great to hear Easley looked good yesterday, he's a guy - if healthy - that will change this defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

M.Butler is a reincarnate of D.Butler. Much better the 2nd time around.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are a funny guy! You are so quick to anoint a guy that has never played a game and so quick to declare a player a bust. Many players take 2, 3 and sometimes even 4 years to get good. ANd we have seen some have flashes or games where they look good but hit a wall (and then you label them busts).

I think you should show patience in both good and bad ultimate evaluations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It will interesting to see if he can continue to improve, or if he's going to level off and actually decline a bit. I've seen guys start strong before and now they're working at Walmart, but he absolutely looks like a scrappy player. The way Butler went after that ball the other night on that fumble was a thing of beauty, there aren't a lot of guys wired like that...to have their minds going that fast...and being a step ahead like he was on that play.

It was also great to hear Easley looked good yesterday, he's a guy - if healthy - that will change this defense.

[/QUOTE]

Yes on Easley. If he can be the DT version of CHandler Jones we could have a pass rush and run disruptors as well. Especially when a guy like Easley is paired with Vinny. You single team Vinny at your peril.