Butler gets canned...for Gronk 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BB-IS-BEST. Show BB-IS-BEST's posts

Butler gets canned...for Gronk 2

http://tmi.me/fCLIu

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Re: Butler gets canned...for Gronk 2

Ahhhhhhhhhh...C YA!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Patriots released CB Darius Butler.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Leaves them pretty thin in the secondary, doesn't it? Hope Bill's cookin' up something good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I keep thinking all this could have been avoided if the Pat's kept Wil Yeatman on the 53 man roster and released Butler on Saturday. I hope Gronk 2  turns out to be  a solid TE, but it all comes down to the upside of Yeatman.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Butler gets canned...for Gronk 2:
    [QUOTE]I keep thinking all this could have been avoided if the Pat's kept Wil Yeatman on the 53 man roster and released Butler on Saturday. I hope Gronk 2  turns out to be  a solid TE, but it all comes down to the upside of Yeatman.
    Posted by dfitzp[/QUOTE]

Yeah, something like this seems to happen a lot.  While on the one hand BB says that he expects everyone he cuts to land elsewhere (as in doesn't count on them returning), he clearly does count on some of them returning.  Now, if the other Gronkowski is better than Yeatman, then BB is correct (like 99% of the time).  If he isn't viewed as good (or not as much potential), then we messed this one up.

I think BB simply counted on Yeatman making it to the practice squad, regardless of what he said in his news conference.

Sections
Shortcuts