BUTLER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: BUTLER

I can see them dumping Wilhite and moving Butler to nickle. Arrington would also be a low cost option there with special teams value. He's nothing to write home about but he's solid and we didn't hear his name called too much, which is good.

Contrary to popular belief here, our secondary is fine. Bodden and McCourty will be great if we had a decent pass rush.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaPats. Show VirginiaPats's posts

I think Butlers day's are numbered. I'd not be surprised if he is traded in the offseason/camp for a 3rd round pick. I was hoping the best for him that he would some how improve but I think he is done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Arrington will get a tender and another team may bite
    Wilhite is a goner

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Up with Hope, Down with Butler...

I've seen enough of this guy in 2010, that I wouldnt care If i ever saw him again...and just think, he was benched for most the season, and still gave up the most big plays...

TO be honest, if not for Wilhite going down, he wouldnt have played much the last month.  I thought he'd do good in a reduced role playing nick or dime,  but he is still overhwhelmed, and doenst make enough plays for the amount he gives up...sorry to say, but still need to spend another 1st day pick on a CB.

IM not sold on Bodden being able to finish a year either,..he has always been injury prone...and judging by his up/down career numbers, theres no garuantee he balls out like he did in 09'....So keep Wilhite as a nick/dime, cuz he did ok there...trade Butler if possible for someones 3rd RB, or an out of favor 3rd or 4th WR with upside, if not drop him, and let someone else pay him...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

You do not throw out the 40th pick 2 years in Butler stays

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

u guys think butler is better than wilhite.?   Im no fan of J.W. really, but he atleast showed he could do ok playing nickel...Butler was getting burnt even playing dime back...but I understand wilhite will be in his last year maybe so that may have an effect...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

The Bears no....  The Raiders maybe...   You see the Bears with guys like Tillman who just shutdown M.Williams who is built like a truck!   Butler would be a ball boy in Chicago....lmao!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

One of our defensive backs was offered for Pierre Thomas of the Saints; the deal was accepted but when Belichick asked for a pick too, they stalled and ultimately passed.

One can assume the said defensive back was Darius Butler.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Trading him to the Bears for a fourth would be like a 5th...No other teams would want this mess i mean cb??? Iguess a 4th from the Bears is better than nothing huh??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

I feel our secondary at both CB and S are very well stocked and not in need of any new competion. At CB your starters of Bodden and Mccourty are excelent and the competion between Butler, Arrington, Wilhite, and Carter will show who will shine in the slot or nickle. At safety, starters of Meriweather and Chung, and Sanders,Mcgowen,Barret,Lockett,Brown,and Page competeing for 2 or 3 open spots. WHAT MORE DO WANT. This is not an area of concern moveing into next season. You do not want starter quality DB's sitting on the bench when you have other areas of great concern.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: BUTLER:
    [QUOTE]I love Bodden but the guy just had a year off and no one can say for sure he will be his old self so there would be no harm in trading Butler and trying to draft another CB some where in the 3rd to 5th draft range.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

That is exactly why I would not make any moves at CB, but we possibly have a couple Safties who other teams may have intrest in that will not make our final cuts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I can see them dumping Wilhite and moving Butler to nickle. Arrington would also be a low cost option there with special teams value. He's nothing to write home about but he's solid and we didn't hear his name called too much, which is good. Contrary to popular belief here, our secondary is fine. Bodden and McCourty will be great if we had a decent pass rush.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Butler = Bust.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I can see them dumping Wilhite and moving Butler to nickle. Arrington would also be a low cost option there with special teams value. He's nothing to write home about but he's solid and we didn't hear his name called too much, which is good. Contrary to popular belief here, our secondary is fine. Bodden and McCourty will be great if we had a decent pass rush.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

hey, hey AP. How r ya?

Just out of curiosity, what do u think are our greatest weakness?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I am betting Butler stays.  Bill seems to like him, and his play improved.  Arrington for sure will stay, play nickel, spell Bodden and McCourty.  Butler in nickel and dime.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

You people are gushing over Butler, Arrington and Wilhite.  You want to know why we had one of the worst Defenses in history, you know the one that gave up 28 last week to Mark f'in Sanchez?  Here's the answer Butler, Arrington and thought he wasn't out there Wilhite.

I could care less that you people don't get it (like Butler has any trade value) it's BB that's gotta get a grip on reality and upgrade this trio of trash.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If you think Butler is a bust why would anyone trade for him? I'm willing to see how he does in camp.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Killa, I think you missed my point about Chicago....Tampa 2 is a system that requires bigger, physical CB's, cuz they need to bump the WR before he get to 2nd level and also need to be able to support the run....Thats why the Colts have had guys like M.Jackson playing CB, when he was a safety, and guys like Ronde Barber have excelled in tampa, cuz they are physical and good tacklers.....but Butlers worst problem is that he is not pshysical...so its a joke to thinkg Chicago would trade for him.   The only system that Butler fits is one like Texans, where they always give up yards in the passing game...lol

He is done here, and NO he didnt improve...he just played less at the end of the year compared to being burnt every play while starting in weeks 1-3....so it looked better, but how does the CB with the least playing time give up the most plays in the secondary??? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Arrington was fine on special teams 'cause he is a good tackler, but both he and Butler are awful at corner. I'd keep Arrington, unload Butler, hope that Bodden stays healthy and draft another corner.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I can see them dumping Wilhite Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Lets hope

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

If we get a pass rush he just might look like an all pro. I bet we get a pass rush our corners will be adequate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]You people are gushing over Butler, Arrington and Wilhite.  You want to know why we had one of the worst Defenses in history, you know the one that gave up 28 last week to Mark f'in Sanchez?  Here's the answer Butler, Arrington and thought he wasn't out there Wilhite. I could care less that you people don't get it (like Butler has any trade value) it's BB that's gotta get a grip on reality and upgrade this trio of trash.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Yup, I'm sure the total lack of a pass rush had absolutely nothing to do with giving up those 28 points.

I wouldn't be surprised if Butler became the second best CB in the league in a couple of years. I also wouldn't be surprised if he were gone by then.  The folks that know the most about this stuff say it takes three years to properly evaluate a player. I'd give him at least one more year just to see if he pulls a Samuel.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

We'd honestly be lucky to get a 6th for Butler so I wouldn't trade him. The value is not there at all. He'll be a #4 cb. Arrington is still young and performed decently. He's no starter but as a nickel he might be fine. Wilhite has had his chances time for him to go.

One thing to note about the secondary was is that the rush was giving opposing QB's over 6 secs to find an open guy. No secondary can hold up that long

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Butler is a player with "tremendous physical tools" according to BB when he was drafted.

Why can't he return kick as he did @ UCONN

I would not mind keeping him if he proved his value to the team in other areas like, gunner, punt returner, kick returner, nickel depth, left corner depth etc.

I think he gets one more year to prove his value and if he can't he is a goner

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

If you must write about this guy- do it right - butler- not a thing capitol about him. But make it snappy- hopefully, another BB mistake gone asap.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

tcal2 I like that---------- "trio of trash" and right on - I hear ya
    Said it before-- I like and respect BB, but- he's human like everybody else. And- his draft record for CBs, as Patriot head coach--- dreadful. Suggestion-- he get HELP, in scouting CB prospects. Or, doesn't he "group consult" with his assist coaches? Before he make a  final decision???  I've said this before also- height wise, isn"t BB sub 6 feet tall? many that are, in many ways physically, athletically, do not fell their demished height, is a HANDICAP. I DISAGREE.  

Sections
Shortcuts