Buzzards' Suggs Has Torn Achilles Tendon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Buzzards' Suggs Has Torn Achilles Tendon

Not  the best of news for a team to receive in the off-season, that their star DE, Terrell Suggs, has a torn achilles tendon. For most players, this is a season ending injury. But, Suggs is vowing to play...and prove his doubters wrong: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/03/terrell-suggs-vows-to-play-this-year-prove-everyone-wrong/  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Re: Buzzards' Suggs Has Torn ACL

In Response to Buzzards' Suggs Has Torn ACL:
         Not  the best of news for a team to receive in the off-season, that their star DE, Terrell Suggs, has a torn ACL. For most players, this is a season ending injury. But, Suggs is vowing to play...and prove his doubters wrong: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/03/terrell-suggs-vows-to-play-this-year-prove-everyone-wrong/   
    Posted by TexasPat3

Achilles tendon is not the ACL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

I was surprised to find out that legitimate news sources are making the same mistake... they say "Torn ACL" in the title and the entire body of the article talks about his Achilies. 

Fools.

In Response to Re: Buzzards' Suggs Has Torn ACL:
    In Response to Buzzards' Suggs Has Torn ACL : Achilles tendon is not the ACL.
    Posted by Patsman3

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I was surprised to find out that legitimate news sources are making the same mistake... they say "Torn ACL" in the title and the entire body of the article talks about his Achilies.  Fools. In Response to Re: Buzzards' Suggs Has Torn ACL :
    Posted by toocool9090

Yep...my mistake.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He'll be back playing by mid-season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Achilles are bad news. When that snaps it rolls up into your leg and you are essentially done. Suggs will never walk the same again and will most likely have a noticeable limp for the rest of his life. At least with ACL you can recover. Might take time but with an Achilles they essentially, grab it, pull it back into positions, and surgically staple it back into place. It never fully recovers it's strength

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Achilles are bad news. When that snaps it rolls up into your leg and you are essentially done. Suggs will never walk the same again and will most likely have a noticeable limp for the rest of his life. At least with ACL you can recover. Might take time but with an Achilles they essentially, grab it, pull it back into positions, and surgically staple it back into place. It never fully recovers it's strength
    Posted by PatsEng

I've had several friends that have torn their achilles and all were back to work within 6 months and none walk with any kind of a limp. I will say none are pro athletes but all are back doing everything the same as before with no problems. Only one had an issue, he over worked it with re-hab trying to come back sooner and re-torn the achilles.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Buzzards' Suggs Has Torn Achilles Tendon

Actually, it's a lot more serious than an ACL for a number of reasons, some posted above.

I'd like to add, given this guy's history of calling NE out, it's a cheater's injury.

Achilles tendon injuries are also one of the few that are typically associated with steroid abuse. Do a casual google search of achilles tendon ruptures and steroid usage. Even when you are prescribed steroids or HGH for legitimate illnesses, and you are not an athlete, and you don't max your body out, your tendon is liable to rupture because of how those drugs weaken tissue groups like that. 

It is a risk factor that doctors monitor any time they prescribe those drugs. 

Use roids, and your achilles can just spontanesously pop ... it happened to one of my (steroid using) cousins who was a competitive bodybuilder and is common on the circuit. Dude was getting out of his car in the winter and bang. 

Good news for Suggs ... it is potentially chronic and very difficult to come back from at his age. 

Couldn't have happened to a better guy. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Posted by PatsEng

I've know people who ruptured their achilles and they recovered fully in about 6 months and they are not world class athletes.  Suggs will make a full recovery and will walk fine, doctor.  It is just a matter of how fast he heals but anything before November doesn't strike me as very realistic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Suggs is a butt munch, but I hate to see any player get hurt.....

karma for John H's comments about the Pats Superbowls.....me thinks it is!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Additional anecdotal proof ... look at the names associated with recent achilles tendon injuries -- Merriman (x2), Laron Landry, and now Suggs. OR Jon Beason, look at him with the Miami Canes, look at him now with the Panthers, look at his achilles injury and al the setbacks he has had. These are all the kind of players that really look as if they are on roids, and play that way. 

Peripheral tendon damage is a major indicator of steroid usage ... I mean look at Bob Sanders ... there isn't a tendon on his body that hasn't snapped or been inflamed. Like a biceps tendon just spontaneously pops on regular athletes?

Haha, even power hitters in baseball suffer this ... Ryan Howard cough, cough.

It only cofirms what I already suspected about Suggs ... he's over the top with the roids. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Buzzards' Suggs Has Torn ACL : I've had several friends that have torn their achilles and all were back to work within 6 months and none walk with any kind of a limp. I will say none are pro athletes but all are back doing everything the same as before with no problems. Only one had an issue, he over worked it with re-hab trying to come back sooner and re-torn the achilles.
    Posted by stan17

You can walk on it but did you ask them to plant and drive off of it? Heck you can have surgery and wear a walking boot and be back to work in 2 weeks. That doesn't mean that it's healed in anyway. Almost every ex pro that torn their Achilles never fully recover and were shells of their former self when they returned. Almost all have a limp or use a cane to walk. Marino for one that went from a limp to a cane as he got older. 

Were your co-workers full ruptures or partial tears too? The is a big difference in recovery time between on that's just partially tore or one that rolls back up your leg

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Just curious as too why you are all talking about ruptured achilles? because if you read the article he is saying it wasn't ruptured but only a partial tear which is why he expects to be back by mid season.  Still would miss the Pats game thou, since I believe that's week 3.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Buzzards' Suggs Has Torn ACL : I've know people who ruptured their achilles and they recovered fully in about 6 months and they are not world class athletes.  Suggs will make a full recovery and will walk fine, doctor.  It is just a matter of how fast he heals but anything before November doesn't strike me as very realistic.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Yes because what they do in their daily lives is in anyway compares to what athletes do regarding strain on tissue.

There is a huge difference between a normal person and an athlete and I'll guarantee as those people get older those achilles will become bigger and bigger uses. If you don't believe me then listen to Zo on 98.5, he said basically that same thing. When an athlete's achilles goes its basically the end of their careers. They might return to play, eventually, but they are typically never the same.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Buzzards' Suggs Has Torn Achilles Tendon:
    Just curious as too why you are all talking about ruptured achilles? because if you read the article he is saying it wasn't ruptured but only a partial tear which is why he expects to be back by mid season.  Still would miss the Pats game thou, since I believe that's week 3.
    Posted by Patsman3

Ok, my information is a bit old. I'm going off earlier reports that said it was raptured. If it's know only partially torn then yes he could return at some point this season, though as a precaution the Ravens might toss him on the IR just to prevent a complete rapture on his return. Better to let it completely heal then to risk something worse

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Buzzards' Suggs Has Torn Achilles Tendon : Ok, my information is a bit old. I'm going off earlier reports that said it was raptured. If it's know only partially torn then yes he could return at some point this season, though as a precaution the Ravens might toss him on the IR just to prevent a complete rapture on his return. Better to let it completely heal then to risk something worse
    Posted by PatsEng

Yea Suggs is saying he only partially tore it.  Now the question is, is he telling the truth.  Time will tell.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

How?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

How?
    Posted by shenanigan

He said he did it during his off-season workout program.

Sections
Shortcuts