By the way, folks

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: By the way, folks

Look nobody is saying that BB isn't trying to cater to his franchise QB, but the fact that you are still trying to spin that Brady has any real input on personnel after BB let his best friend on the team and favorite receiver walk seems like a losing cause to me.  Just my opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I agree with the King on this point, Brady and BB sit down and watch film for hours, study every possible move from both offense and opposing defenses. I understand BB has the final say but Brady has some pull with the decisions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Look nobody is saying that BB isn't trying to cater to his franchise QB, but the fact that you are still trying to spin that Brady has any real input on personnel after BB let his best friend on the team and favorite receiver walk seems like a losing cause to me.  Just my opinion.

Add to that, BB obviously advocates TB in the shotgun 44+% of the time or he wouldn't be.

Most rational and intelligent people can make that obvious deduction.  Either that or BB is a puzzy who has no control over his team.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

I agree with the King on this point, Brady and BB sit down and watch film for hours, study every possible move from both offense and opposing defenses. I understand BB has the final say but Brady has some pull with the decisions.

You're probably an adult and understand how relationships like that work. It's called trust and give and take.

My questioin is, who wouldn't agree that it's probably a little bit of both?

I see BB not caving to Welker in the 2 year deal in 2011 as his way of sort of realizing that Brady staring down 1 or receivers whether it being Moss and Welker or then Gronk and Welker, is somewhat of a problem.

I was relieved when BB dealt Moss. I am relieved he walked from Welkie.

Just watch. Brady will have the best year he's had since 2010 and our offense will be a lot closer to the Weis years. He won't remove the shotgun spread stuff completely, especially against the crappy or aeverage Ds, but the loaded, diversified skill sets now at Brady's disposal all but guarantees more balance to this offense.

There is no way on earth he doesn't see these issues. If we see it, if I see it, he has to see it.

And, I'll tell you right now, Brady needs to drop this Circle of Trust garbage vibe he gives off when someone doesn't make a tough catch because the throw was off, too.

That's gotta stop.  The guy had two SB appearnaces where he really didn't play well and was outplayed twice and it's not due to our defense.

One was pure luck via a helmet catch but this last one was mostly because he prefers the shotgun.

BB is now taking over and getting him NEW WRs completely to force Brady to learn how to do the small thigns right again.

I have no issues with keeping him comfortable, because you want your QB comfortable, but this approach is great, IMO.

He developed some BAD habits since BB spoiled him with toys in 2007 and 2010.

I am an adult and I do understand things in the real world. The Patriots are a business and organization. A very well run organization. The owner is there to sign checks and let his football people make football decisions, unlike the Redskins and cowboys who are micro managed. Not like the Jets who have incompetents in key positions and it shows. Brady will do what his coach tells him and that's it. You play with the hand that your dealt. This will be a competitive team like always. I like the depth because you never can have enough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

If this is the case why did BB let it go on for so long?, if he's the great coach he is (under no circumstance am I saying he's not) why did he not realise the offense couldn't win a championship sooner? It took 5-6 years, fair enough one was minus Brady but if i'm going to say that I have to include the fact that whEre 2010 was better 2011 was more of the same. Look man if you're right BB isn't as good as you think he is and if you're wrong...well you're wrong no matter what way you slice it it's bad for you! I mean you think one of the greatest defensive mindS of the last 30 years who made all the game plans to stop Peyton would realise that by gearing the offense like Manning's colts you were dooming them to the same fate....SURELY!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

"... BB putting his foot down ..."

"... BB is now taking over ... "

I get it.  BB just rolled the ball out on the field the last 9 years and let the guys do what they wanted and now he's taking over again.  Give it a rest.  BB is in charge, he's always been in charge, and he'll be in charge as long as he's employed by the Pats.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

We see MORE shotgun used in 2007 as opposed to 2007.

Making about as much sense as you always do dumbkoff.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

"... BB putting his foot down ..."

"... BB is now taking over ... "

I get it.  BB just rolled the ball out on the field the last 9 years and let the guys do what they wanted and now he's taking over again.  Give it a rest.  BB is in charge, he's always been in charge, and he'll be in charge as long as he's employed by the Pats.

Obviously Rusty has discovered that BB is afraid of Brady and simply nods yes to him, afraid to look him in the eye, whenever Tom demands anything.

Tom ought to try demanding a good defense if this Rusty revelation is true.

Sections
Shortcuts