Bye Bye Banta Cain - one trick pony!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: Bye Bye Banta Cain - one trick pony!!

Jared Allen? No. You're ripping on Banta-Cain for not being an every down player, but you want Jared Allen? A 4-3 defensive end who can't play the run to save his life? No thanks. The Patriots need to draft a big strong OLB who can collapse the pocket; that's how the Patriots rush the passer. They stay in their lanes, and try to limit the QB escaping and not allowing him to step into his throw. When done properly, it works. The problem is finding someone like Vrabel who can make a move or two if he has the go-ahead from the coach, but can also just knock his blocker back into the QB, as well as be a stout run-stuffer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

If you arent in Your best year injured and etc .. try try even try harder ,

haven't seen any of it from banta-cain he no AD ,
    but you get a big contract and your a no show all season

we need some one with talent banta-cain isn't the solution and if we can save 
    some money better give to mankins or a good fa 

thats my point ,
    everybody is at fault brady , bb , mayo 

but the pass rush wan't even there and thats on banta cain  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Banta-Cain is too one-dimensional, although I think he's signed to a fair deal

I'd say OLB is the most important position for them to draft

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Better Have mike vrabel the banta cain at least vrabel can still stop the run

nink performed much better the banta cain ,

olb must be a top priority in the draft

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Banta Cain is a good, not great, player. He's asked to be great considering the other talent we have on the defensive line. If we get a solid defensive end and a solid pass-rushing linebacker, we'll have multiple people that demand double teams (if all goes to plan) or that demand more attention, and all of a sudden the "outcasts" like Banta-Cain will look solid and damn near spectacular. Team game, folks, team game...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Time To get Younger And Faster Cain has got just one move and thats it ,

we can look af at FA some like Ray Edwards  or Tamba Hali or
    LaMarr Woodley

any option could cost some but better bring a proven player
    instead of draft pick

Look how much impact did sergio Kindle Have ?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

THis guy had to be playing hurt or else he is one of the biggest turds in the nfl. A year ago he was our best pass rusher by far and this year he was a joke!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

Banta-Cain is a solid reserve OLB that can fill in during situational plays.   One Trick Pony ?  not really.  It was a 1 game feast against a then paper thin Tampa Team.  I f I recall, 4 of his ten sacks during the 2009 season came in that one game.  Leaving him 6 sacks over 15 games.  HArdly the #s of a reliable "get to the QB' kind of player.

I recall the lose of my voice for several days when BB kept trading down - Green Bay took Clay Mathews.  I bet we would love to hand Butler and Brace to GB for Him.  Pass Rush has been an issue for Tooooooooo long - Before Manning threw the pass and Tyree pressed the ball against his helmet,  a  catch frozen in SB lore,  Vrabel & Thomas had their shot at Manning and  throughout that drive and never quite got there.  Oh the need for young, fast legs off the edge.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamDestruction. Show TeamDestruction's posts

In Response to Re: Bye Bye Banta Cain - one trick pony!!:
    [QUOTE]Banta-Cain is a solid reserve OLB that can fill in during situational plays.   One Trick Pony ?  not really.  It was a 1 game feast against a then paper thin Tampa Team.  I f I recall, 4 of his ten sacks during the 2009 season came in that one game.  Leaving him 6 sacks over 15 games.  HArdly the #s of a reliable "get to the QB' kind of player. I recall the lose of my voice for several days when BB kept trading down - Green Bay took Clay Mathews.  I bet we would love to hand Butler and Brace to GB for Him.  Pass Rush has been an issue for Tooooooooo long - Before Manning threw the pass and Tyree pressed the ball against his helmet,  a  catch frozen in SB lore,  Vrabel & Thomas had their shot at Manning and  throughout that drive and never quite got there.  Oh the need for young, fast legs off the edge.
    Posted by rolltide1963[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure we got the pick we took Gronkowski with out of that trade as well.

Sections
Shortcuts