Bye Bye Chicago

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Bye Bye Chicago

The problem is that good QBs are so hard to find.  Teams end up signing second-tier guys like Cutler because there are so few first-tier guys.  It's the same thing the Ravens did with Flacco.  

You should be more appreciative of Tom Brady.  Finding guys like that is almost impossible because there are so few of them, and when you get one it can make your team for a decade or more. 

If you don't have a Brady, you're stuck with the dilemma of paying a lot for a Cutler or Flacco or spending many years in QB revolving door hell. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

wow. big flub there imo. Like you said Cutler is like Romo, not a winner. I would've signed McCown to a 2/3 year deal for less money instead and try to draft a QB and groom him as a guy Trestman wants running his O...

oh da bears

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The Bears scored the same amount of points we did this season.  The offense was not the problem on that team.  And frankly without knowing the money and guarantees it's hard to say whether it was a good deal or not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, I pretty much agree with everyone else here.  Not a move I would have made.  Agree that this is similar to the Romo/Flacco signings.  I do root for Cutler a bit for the simple reason that we share a health condituion, Type I diabetes.  I know first hand how tricky it can be to manage, especially in competitive, physicaly demanding situations like Jay faces every Sunday, so I applaud him managing his health situation as well as possible.  It isn't easy.  Some of his "bone-head" decisions that he is so famous for have to be influenced by blood-sugar peaks at times.  I'm not making any excuses for him, and he never would either, but at times his blood-sugar has to be a factor.  Anyway, back to the topic, still a bad idea to lock him up for a 7 year deal.  He hasn't shown the ability to get it done in the clutch, no matter the reason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

I am stunned they just gave Cutler an extension through 2020.

Romo Part II.  Some teams simply can't understand they don't have the franchise QB they think they have. I really feel bad for Bears fans.

I remember when the Bears interviewed former Pats lead scout, Jeremy Licht (now in Arizona doing good work) and thought what a great move that would be.

Instead, they went with Phil Emery, who is apparently drunk.

With all the QBs coming out in the draft and McCown showing why Cutler is so overrated. Emery has to be drunk:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/10231142/jay-cutler-chicago-bears-signs-7-year-contract

Who would you prefer:

Cutler

Tom Brady in the shotgun

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Unbelievable!  I have never liked Cutler as a QB, I just don't think he is the guy to take any team to a SB, ever.  I have watched him lose games and act like it's no big deal, like he just doesn't care.  Not a winner, imo!

Feel bad for Bears fans today!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Romo Part II.  Some teams simply can't understand they don't have the franchise QB they think they have. I really feel bad for Bears fans.

I remember when the Bears interviewed former Pats lead scout, Jeremy Licht (now in Arizona doing good work) and thought what a great move that would be.

With all the QBs coming out in the draft and McCown showing why Cutler is so overrated. Emery has to be drunk:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/10231142/jay-cutler-chicago-bears-signs-7-year-contract

You mean sort of like you being a pats fan and not appreciating the best Qb in the league??

Let me fill you in on something buddy. Everyone wants a Brady to lead their team but they dont exactly come around every draft. Cutler is an NFL Talent with a great arm. Coaching will determine how far he can go but lets start with the fact that Chicago had a very poor defense esp. vs the run so they werent going anywhere. They did surround him with Marshalls and jefferies who will be a great due and the job now is to get that D back to its prominence by dumping Peppers and getting some new talent on D.

Leave it to you to make this into another thread where you predict cap hell and that team never sniffing success again. You previously warned us about the Ravens who just won a chip. Anyway I dont care about Chicago but my question is.... Why do you Hate Brady?

YOu obviously think he IS a franchise QB right? or is he just a bum riding BBs success?

Someone posted how BB has had 13 straight winning seasons and forgot to mention Brady is in his 14 year!  LOL

Hmmm

Cutlers problem has been his attitude and him being a jerk(He is a Qb right) and the fact he didnt play in a game when some said say he should have, other than that how is he any diff. than other talented QBs with no rings? He needs a stable O coordinator and coaching staff and now he needs a Defense which was always the staple of the Bears team. This is a league about Fans and fantasy now and if you cant win it all the next goal is to stay competitive and sell tix. Cutler allows for that. McCowen was a nice fill in but lets be real he cant chuck it downfield to those 2 big threats. They have done the same thing BB did which is hedge offense for Defense except that Brady is better. MCowen wouldnt be able to score lots of points with a bad D.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well the problem is you have to have a starting quarterback, if not you're the Miami Dolphins or jets...who put decent defenses on the field...yet will not win. It's really that simple. No quarterback=no chance. I mean once in a while you can get lucky and have everything fall in your favor and overcome not having a franchise QB, but it's not a recipe for success.

The first thing Belichick did when he got here was cut half the team and then give Bledsoe a 110 million dollar contract. And keep in mind Bledsoe was trending downwards, but Bill had to do it, I don't think he liked it or wanted to, but he had to.

Emery signed one of the better tightends in football to a 25 million dollar deal. He is making some good moves, he is making some mistakes...he is a GM, this is what they do. I bet Emery didn't want to sign Cutler either, but he had to. At least Cutler was built to play in that weather - he can throw a ball through that wind - a lot of guys can't do that. Could you imagine them drafting and signing 3-7 guys over the next 4 years that can't play in Chicago? Because that is what will happen, they will waste time, waste resources, and end up right where they started. No one likes Cutler - I don't - but what are you going to do? How much did he get anyway? I might change my mind if its ridiculous, but then again how are they going to get another QB?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

You mean sort of like you being a pats fan and not appreciating the best Qb in the league??

Let me fill you in on something buddy. Everyone wants a Brady to lead their team but they dont exactly come around every draft. Cutler is an NFL Talent with a great arm. Coaching will determine how far he can go but lets start with the fact that Chicago had a very poor defense esp. vs the run so they werent going anywhere. They did surround him with Marshalls and jefferies who will be a great due and the job now is to get that D back to its prominence by dumping Peppers and getting some new talent on D.

Leave it to you to make this into another thread where you predict cap hell and that team never sniffing success again. You previously warned us about the Ravens who just won a chip. Anyway I dont care about Chicago but my question is.... Why do you Hate Brady?

YOu obviously think he IS a franchise QB right? or is he just a bum riding BBs success?

Someone posted how BB has had 13 straight winning seasons and forgot to mention Brady is in his 14 year!  LOL

Hmmm

Bingo!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Unbelievable!  I have never liked Cutler as a QB, I just don't think he is the guy to take any team to a SB, ever.  I have watched him lose games and act like it's no big deal, like he just doesn't care.  Not a winner, imo!

Didn't you say the other day McDaniels was Denver's GM and ruined the Broncos? How is that possible when he wasn't the GM there, was there for only 2 seasons, but was the guy who quickly diagnosed Cutler as a bust and born loser, helping fleece the Bears for what turned out to be a haul of this:

Orton

Demarius Thomas

Eric Decker

Mike Shanahan was the guy who ruined the Broncos as GM of that team, which was why he was fired. If anything, McDaniels selling Elway on a trade of Cutler, has set Denver up offensively for where they are now.

Get your facts straight so you won't look like a fool all the time.

Wrong! The guy who turned around the Broncos was John Elway...why? Because he went out and got that franchise a QB. He also understood that Tebow was not a QB and had gotten lucky - that wasn't an easy decision to make, Tebow's popularity was at a all time high...yet he shipped him without folding to fan/media pressure.

Thomas and Decker became household names after manning got there (after a QB took over), how many catches did those two have before manning got there?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Yes, but 7 years? 

I guarantee you that the guaranteed money is mostly accounted for in the cap hit for the first 3 or at most 4 years in which case the extra years are essentially team options.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The problem is that good QBs are so hard to find.  Teams end up signing second-tier guys like Cutler because there are so few first-tier guys.  It's the same thing the Ravens did with Flacco.  

You should be more appreciative of Tom Brady.  Finding guys like that is almost impossible because there are so few of them, and when you get one it can make your team for a decade or more. 

If you don't have a Brady, you're stuck with the dilemma of paying a lot for a Cutler or Flacco or spending many years in QB revolving door hell. 

Dude, I agree and really appreciate Brady (overall).  

I stopped reading after that line because the rest of your post is surely BS if you start it with a blatant LIE like that.....LMAO!

Lets see some of this apprecation on the board or are you a secret brady worshipper....if so, thats fine. I was told by a religious man that you can pray in your closet and hey, the Pope prays to a black madonna in private so nothing wrong with that but WE dont ever see that appreciation so dont mention it here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

How has Gomer been in the clutch? Didnt stop Elway from backing up the brinx truck into his driveway.

Flacco just got 20 million to be the next Brady (do it all with no D) and he failed miserably.

You cant blame other teams for trying to do what we did. Which is pay Tom alot to carry the team while our Defense blew chunks and we trotted out Laura and Benny Hill as RBs.

It took 2013 to finally see a good D that quickly diminished  and a trade for another malcontent in Blount to have a chance this postseason. First BB took Smith from Buffalo when nobody wanted him, then Dillon from Cincy and now Blount from Tampa. It would be nice if he could draft his own RBs to do good here but I wont complain as long as its fixed. So you see Cutler is just the new Brady. Now you should understand why BB did it here. Our Defense Stunk and so we had to pay Brady to carry the team. It has worked somewhat but no rings, just reg. season success. Thats what Chicago is gonna get now. Whats the difference? We havent won anything either

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Didn't you say the other day McDaniels was Denver's GM and ruined the Broncos? How is that possible when he wasn't the GM there, was there for only 2 seasons, but was the guy who quickly diagnosed Cutler as a bust and born loser, helping fleece the Bears for what turned out to be a haul of this:

Orton

Demarius Thomas

Eric Decker

Mike Shanahan was the guy who ruined the Broncos as GM of that team, which was why he was fired. If anything, McDaniels selling Elway on a trade of Cutler, has set Denver up offensively for where they are now.

Get your facts straight so you won't look like a fool all the time.

What?  Liar!!  No, I never said such a thing.  All I ever said about Josh McD is that he isn't head coach material.  Stop making stuff up! Amazing, you say you have a photographic memory, a 150 IQ, yet you can't remember who says what and you are wrong most the time.  Are you a liar or dumb?  Which one is it?   

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

welp this thread is already resorted to insults. that was fast

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Per Schefter, Cutler's deal will be north of 17.5 per.  Ouch.

Sections
Shortcuts