Bye Bye Chicago

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Bye Bye Chicago

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Per Schefter, Cutler's deal will be north of 17.5 per.  Ouch.

That isn't particularly helpful.  For example a deal with no signing bonus that guaranteed salaries of 10 million for the first 3 years and then paid him unguaranteed salaries of  24 million the last 4 years would be 7/126 which is 17.5 per, but they would also be able to cut him after 3 years with ZERO dead money.  Now this deal I just outlined is completely made up and unrealistic, but until we know the structure and guaranteed money the money per year isn't as useful.  In short team deals or deals with young players the AAV is more useful, but I can't believe the Bears would be stupid enough to sign a 30 year old QB for 7 years without some protection on the back end (e.g. basically a 3 or 4 year deal with very little consequence for cutting him afterward making the remaining years essentially team options).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

THis is from yesterday...YOU HAVE BEEN CAUGHT again as the liar. Not me.

Here are your words:

Josh McD isn't head coach material yet, give him a few more years under the best in the game, BB, then he just might but as of now, I think a team would be making a big mistake signing McD. 

If you saw how McDaniels ran the Broncos draft two years in a row, you'd commit suicide. He worked out less than 15 players TOTAL each year, claiming he knew enough from game tape to make judgements, then only drafted players he worked out. By the time he was canned, it was just a talentless shell of a team. Turned over more than 40 roster spots in two seasons.

FRAUD!!!

I clearly state this in the thread..........

Read this on a site... 

If you saw how McDaniels ran the Broncos draft two years in a row, you'd commit suicide. He worked out less than 15 players TOTAL each year, claiming he knew enough from game tape to make judgements, then only drafted players he worked out. By the time he was canned, it was just a talentless shell of a team. Turned over more than 40 roster spots in two seasons.

-

You seemed to have conveniently left out where I stated "Read this on a site..."

My words were "Josh McD isn't head coach material yet, give him a few more years under the best in the game, BB, then he just might but as of now, I think a team would be making a big mistake signing McD."

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/patriots-give-browns-permission-to-interview-josh-mcdaniels/100/6950681

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

welp this thread is already resorted to insults. that was fast

Yep. They cannot stand it when I am right. They hate it, so they all swoop in and troll my threads.

Look who instigates. Go the source.

i agree with you here rusty. Like i siad in my eariler post signing McCown to a 2/3 year deal w less money would let Trestman go out and draft the QB he wants to run his offense.. Cutler just isnt a winner.

and yeah...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

How has Gomer been in the clutch? Didnt stop Elway from backing up the brinx truck into his driveway.

Flacco just got 20 million to be the next Brady (do it all with no D) and he failed miserably.

You cant blame other teams for trying to do what we did. Which is pay Tom alot to carry to team while our Defense blew chunks and we trotted out Laura and Benny Hill as RBs.

It took 2013 to finally see a good D that quickly diminished  and a trade for another malcontent in Blount to have a chance this postseason. First BB took Smith from Buffalo when nobody wanted him, then Dillon from Cincy and now Blount from Tampa. It would be nice if he could draft his own RBs to do good here but I wont complain as long as its fixed. So you see Cutler is just the new Brady. Now you should understand why BB did it here. Our Defense Stunk and so we had to pay Brady to carry the team. It has worked somewhat but no rings, just reg. season success. Thats what Chicago is gonna get now. Whats the difference? We havent won anything either

lol

"Benny Hill"

You get points for some decent comedy there, Shizzles, even if a cheapshot at Benny, a lead back we never lost a game with when he was the feature back in a gameplan and WHO never fumbled even when Brady was tossing 2 or 3 INTs to lose us games.

BB has drafted RBs here. Maroney was not that bad. He's why we got to SB 42 remember?  22 carries 122 yards. Brady tossed THREE INTs that day. 

Woodhead was a developed prospect here as was BJGE and they drafted Ridley and Vereen.

Ivan Fears is probably the best RB coach in the league, too. You're clueless on that topic.

Our 2010 and 2011''s didnt stink. They led the AFC in turnovers, stopped the run and battled.  They were inexeperienced and the lockout in 2011 didn't allow them a camp to learn together, Mr. Cheap Shot.

2012's was ready to go once Talib got in there with Jones, Hightower and Dennard brilliantly added into the mix. Jones and Talib got hurt in the AFC title game. I am not going to go over that again.

Very clearly, BB took the lockout and teambuuilding seriously and these other moron GMs threw caution to the wind, blew drafts and here we are.

Got it?

Don't tell me things that aren't true, when I warned of this, I knew and saw what BB was doing.

The smart owners and GMs knew the market would be flat for at least 4 years off the lockout, which meant picks and unearthed talent would be vital for a base.

Chicago is in as bad a shape as Pittsburgh, Baltimore, NYGs, Jets, etc, or years to come. Years.

Even if the cap jumps to 127 million in 2015 which is the rumore based on the CBA wording and revenue projections, that's not a big jump and it will likely stay there for another 5 years with limited if any spikes.

The owner won the lockout, not the players. I spent all summer in on debates with Prolate and ZBellino trying to explain this to them as they got all uptight with their union cards.

lol

OMG, Laura Maroney was the reason we made it to SB 42?  You mean those hall of famers, Brady, Moss, Welker, and the hall of fame coach BB didnt have any say?

You keep harping on ONE game where Laura broke 100 yards in the postseason and wanna lay all the success at HIS feet just to prove a point?? Thats ok, but its gonna further ruin your cred here as surely noone will agree with that asinine statement.

Troy Brown won the S.D. game if you wanna put it on ONE guy. He was the one that saved the day. Not Laura.

You say we never lost a game with Benny as the lead back and I dont care to look it up but I can say Benny aint never WON us a game either so big deal. Talk to your coach about why he pulled him. Whats he averaging this year?? 3.6 ypc. Every one of our backs is atleast a full yard over that and you still clutching your Benny Hill Doll?

I win again...You lose for making asinine comments to support your man love for Benny Hill.

You cant seem to understand that despite how large or crazy the contract is, Cutler still gives that team a better chance to win than McCowen who is limited. Without a D, you have to score. They have 2 great downfield threats. Cutler has a great deep ball. Its Joe Flacco all over again. You will see more of these contracts so pipe down....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Per Schefter, Cutler's deal will be north of 17.5 per.  Ouch.

That isn't particularly helpful.  For example a deal with no signing bonus that guaranteed salaries of 10 million for the first 3 years and then paid him unguaranteed salaries of  24 million the last 4 years would be 7/126 which is 17.5 per, but they would also be able to cut him after 3 years with ZERO dead money.  Now this deal I just outlined is completely made up and unrealistic, but until we know the structure and guaranteed money the money per year isn't as useful.  In short team deals or deals with young players the AAV is more useful, but I can't believe the Bears would be stupid enough to sign a 30 year old QB for 7 years without some protection on the back end (e.g. basically a 3 or 4 year deal with very little consequence for cutting him afterward making the remaining years essentially team options).

I realize that.  I'm just saying what Schefter was reporting on the matter.  He said it will look a lot like Stafford's deal, although a little bit north in terms of guaranteed money.

For Chicago's sake, I would hope they leveraged and made the ladder years more incentive based with little guaranteed money. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The problem is that good QBs are so hard to find.  Teams end up signing second-tier guys like Cutler because there are so few first-tier guys.  It's the same thing the Ravens did with Flacco.  

You should be more appreciative of Tom Brady.  Finding guys like that is almost impossible because there are so few of them, and when you get one it can make your team for a decade or more. 

If you don't have a Brady, you're stuck with the dilemma of paying a lot for a Cutler or Flacco or spending many years in QB revolving door hell. 

Bingo. Awesome post and so true. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Do you want to bet it is similar to Romo's deal?

Romo's deal is essentially a 4 year deal with 3 years of team options (he can be cut with very little consequence after the 2016 season) so no I don't want to bet that.  Like I said in a long term deal for an older player it is the guaranteed money and how it is being spread out that matters.  The length is moot in a lot of cases.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i just saw an Adam Shefter tweet that Cutler's deal is the same structure as Matty Stafford's but Cut's annual salary is a bit higher

crazy.

More than Staff? insane

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

i just saw an Adam Shefter tweet that Cutler's deal is the same structure as Matty Stafford's but Cut's annual salary is a bit higher

crazy.

More than Staff? insane

I dont think Staford is that great but he just has great numbers. Calvin Johnson will do that. Weve seen this year that Stafford still isnt ready for prime time. He has half his stats from just chucking it downfield.

So my point is QBs get a lot of money in this new era of fantasy football and I although Cutler is a punk who may not show leadership I still take him over Flacco and maybe Stafford too. None of these guys are great but the league has changed and you have to conform. If you cant win a title, the next priority is to fill the seats. You do that by signing a marquee name, not McCowen, even if I agree it would financially be better. We forgot how much money the freeking backup from G.B. got just for playing us tough and then lost his job to a rookie?!  This is the new NFL. Fantasy fans want Fantasy QBs and the owners are obliging the fans. ...as they Should

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

crazy.

More than Staff? insane

I dont think Staford is that great but he just has great numbers. Calvin Johnson will do that. Weve seen this year that Stafford still isnt ready for prime time. He has half his stats from just chucking it downfield.

So my point is QBs get a lot of money in this new era of fantasy football and I although Cutler is a punk who may not show leadership I still take him over Flacco and maybe Stafford too. None of these guys are great but the league has changed and you have to conform. If you cant win a title, the next priority is to fill the seats. You do that by signing a marquee name, not McCowen, even if I agree it would financially be better. We forgot how much money the freeking backup from G.B. got just for playing us tough and then lost his job to a rookie?!  This is the new NFL. Fantasy fans want Fantasy QBs and the owners are obliging the fans. ...as they Should

you have a point. they will fill seats putting Cutler, Marshall, Jeffery and Forte on the field but the D is horribble and Cutler is a grade a doouche bag imo.

Its sad the NFL has become into this fantasy bs. if i was a bears fan right now, i would be beyond pissed. McCown is smarter and actuslly passes to WRs other than Marshall. and like i said Trestman could draft in this year's deep QB class and groom the kid if they let Cutler walk..

I would take Flacco over Staff or Cutler anyday. They all give you the same regular season #'s, high INT rate. Bu come primetime i would trust flacco more than both Cut and Staff combined to win the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

crazy.

More than Staff? insane

you have a point. they will fill seats putting Cutler, Marshall, Jeffery and Forte on the field but the D is horribble and Cutler is a grade a doouche bag imo.

Its sad the NFL has become into this fantasy bs. if i was a bears fan right now, i would be beyond pissed. McCown is smarter and actuslly passes to WRs other than Marshall. and like i said Trestman could draft in this year's deep QB class and groom the kid if they let Cutler walk..

I would take Flacco over Staff or Cutler anyday. They all give you the same regular season #'s, high INT rate. But come primetime i would trust flacco more than both Cut and Staff combined to win the game.

yea you may be right there. Flacco Blows but he did put together a nice postseason and seems to be unwavered but when your line give you 10 seconds to throw you should have a good postseason. Either way, we agree the league is all about stats, fantasy and filling seats to big wigs who can look at their phones instead of the games and just glance at the scoreboard to stay up to date with their fantasy players but its still the best game in town....for now

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Well the problem is you have to have a starting quarterback, if not you're the Miami Dolphins or jets...who put decent defenses on the field...yet will not win. It's really that simple. No quarterback=no chance. I mean once in a while you can get lucky and have everything fall in your favor and overcome not having a franchise QB, but it's not a recipe for success.

The first thing Belichick did when he got here was cut half the team and then give Bledsoe a 110 million dollar contract. And keep in mind Bledsoe was trending downwards, but Bill had to do it, I don't think he liked it or wanted to, but he had to.

Emery signed one of the better tightends in football to a 25 million dollar deal. He is making some good moves, he is making some mistakes...he is a GM, this is what they do. I bet Emery didn't want to sign Cutler either, but he had to. At least Cutler was built to play in that weather - he can throw a ball through that wind - a lot of guys can't do that. Could you imagine them drafting and signing 3-7 guys over the next 4 years that can't play in Chicago? Because that is what will happen, they will waste time, waste resources, and end up right where they started. No one likes Cutler - I don't - but what are you going to do? How much did he get anyway? I might change my mind if its ridiculous, but then again how are they going to get another QB?

My god are you dumb. Have you seen this year's draft class? Pick the most mature and smartest QB in Rd 1 and there is your answer.

Ugh.

I know you're middle school doesn't require college degrees, but please get an Associate's Degree anyway. It will help develop your IQ.

I might go so far to say this is the dumbest post you have ever done (and that really is saying something).

Yeah just draft a quarterback high in the draft - that's the ticket - that always works out for everybody!! Lol! 

Here, why don't you list all the quarterbacks drafted in the first round over the last 15 years and tell me how many of them became pro bowlers vs. how many sucked.

And please don't talk about degrees, careers, life, IQ...I can guarantee the leather on my car's steering wheel is worth more than your entire net worth:)

Oh and my IQ is 134...I don't have to lie like you do. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Stupidity. Cutler is a second rate QB, a true backup. The Bears will wallow in mediocrity for years to come.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Unbelievable!  I have never liked Cutler as a QB, I just don't think he is the guy to take any team to a SB, ever.  I have watched him lose games and act like it's no big deal, like he just doesn't care.  Not a winner, imo!

Feel bad for Bears fans today!!

OH No! Hell just froze over!!! We agree on something!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd take Cutler over Romo, I dont think Cutler is that bad. He just needs to stay on the field. They finally have a couple of wideouts, have a good RB. I jiust think they need ot be better on defense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

I am stunned they just gave Cutler an extension through 2020.

Romo Part II.  Some teams simply can't understand they don't have the franchise QB they think they have. I really feel bad for Bears fans.

I remember when the Bears interviewed former Pats lead scout, Jeremy Licht (now in Arizona doing good work) and thought what a great move that would be.

Instead, they went with Phil Emery, who is apparently drunk.

With all the QBs coming out in the draft and McCown showing why Cutler is so overrated. Emery has to be drunk:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/10231142/jay-cutler-chicago-bears-signs-7-year-contract

Why don't they just go get a great QB like Brady?  God! Teams that don't have a top 5 QB are stupid.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't root for Chicago so no worries! As for Cutler he is vastly overrated! McGown actually played better than he did.... The Bears are now doomed too failure! Because they didn't learn from their prior mistake.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts