Bye Bye dane fletcher thanks !!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Bye Bye dane fletcher thanks !!

Buccaneers signed LB Dane Fletcher to a one-year, $2 million contract.

Fletcher, 27, performed spot duty at both inside and outside linebacker in New England, but will likely focus on special teams in Tampa Bay. He recorded eight tackles on kickoff and punt coverage with the Patriots last season.   I always felt that the dane fletcher hasnt shown his entire potential , i liked him in 2010 in the game against the ravens were he played spy vs ray rice , but after that he was limited to ST and tore his ACL.   good luck in tampa 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Bye Bye dane fletcher thanks !!

Liked him on ST's, but thought he was exposed with regular snaps...wish him luck, but preferred a back up with better cover skills

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Folks are spending money like drunken Sailors on shore leave. 2 mil?? Come on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

when guys like e. sanders get contracts like 3y /18M

something is wrong in FA or denver is overspending 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Liked him on ST's, but thought he was exposed with regular snaps...wish him luck, but preferred a back up with better cover skills

[/QUOTE]

He had solid coverage skills, no?  I mean if they were better he'd be a sarter...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I still think there is a very good chance the Pats use an early pick on an OLB.  They just got thinner at that position.

Imagine early picks at DT & OLB for players that can step into the lineup (along with Collins and Jones) and apply pressure that the reinforced secondary can feast on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

CYA....have a nice life, thanks for your service!

Now, about that widget that's going to replace him.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still think there is a very good chance the Pats use an early pick on an OLB.  They just got thinner at that position.

Imagine early picks at DT & OLB for players that can step into the lineup (along with Collins and Jones) and apply pressure that the reinforced secondary can feast on.

[/QUOTE]

moreso because they lost spikes vs. fletcher.  But, yes, depth is an issue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I think LB is a need.  Not first tier, like DT, but in the next tier, and if the right player is available they could take one high in the draft.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PhatVirginian's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No it is not, Bustchise.  Collins takes over for Spikes and Beauharnais for Fletcher barring a draft pick or cheap veteran sign who can win a job.

YOUR team lost Pace and McIntyre and have absolutely nothing in the pipeline with a bust in Coples entering year 3.

[/QUOTE]

Beauharnais has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he can play at the NFL level.   He and Bequette may not even make the 53-man roster.

There has to be a LB added at some point, either through FA or the draft.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I think LB is a need.  Not first tier, like DT, but in the next tier, and if the right player is available they could take one high in the draft.  

[/QUOTE]

Im going to disagree. We need DT in the draft. IMO you have a stellar DL and the OLB's just need to set the edge. Similar to cb's. you have a good pass rush and the cb's don't have to be as good but we got us some sweet cb's now so lets kill it on the line. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm surprised he got that much...didn't think he was anything more than a marginal backup, good for him though. I can still remember all the times this guy got burned in coverage. I just don't think he's a linebacker - more of a special teams guy - which seems like a lot to pay for. Best of luck to him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PhatVirginian's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No it is not, Bustchise.  Collins takes over for Spikes and Beauharnais for Fletcher barring a draft pick or cheap veteran sign who can win a job.

YOUR team lost Pace and McIntyre and have absolutely nothing in the pipeline with a bust in Coples entering year 3.

[/QUOTE]

lmao....I guess your still upset that others are abusing you again as usual. You fall back with thinking everyone is bustchise 

Yep, you are soooo confused...lmao

I think YOU'RE bustchise.....lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

OK with Fletcher and Spikes gone, the Pats have to draft LB ... Skov from Stanford is character guy, leader and can be had in the 3rd Round .... Stanford kids tend to be mature/smart and come from a pro-style system. Skov is a plug and play guy IMO

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Depending on whether we have enough talent to pay a 3-4 Nink  and Hightower could be outside... as could Collins. Inside Mayo and eith Collins or Hightower. But there is no real depth...

We do need a dominant front seven. That does start with the line. I hope we can find that anchor for the LINE. If there is a very good ILB or OLB I wont complain if we go after him.

BUT - I do not forget the real need for a SOLID C too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to yakv's comment:
    [QUOTE]

when guys like e. sanders get contracts like 3y /18M

something is wrong in FA or denver is overspending 

[/QUOTE]

Well the Pats paid 3y/11 for LaFell, so we might not want to make fun of what other teams pay. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Easily can be replaced. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Had a lot of defensive holding/pass interference calls against him last year.