Bye Bye NFL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbh. Show vbh's posts

Bye Bye NFL

The game was fixed. From the first quarter only, it was pretty sure they did not use Shane Vereen as receiver it was known they are going to loose. There were a lot of bad calls by BB, which only showed they wanted to loose. I had been fan for the last 25 years, but now yesterday, I finally decided it is time to say bye bye to NFL in which dirty team like Baltimore wins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Bye Bye NFL

Oh good grief. I think its more like "bye bye forum common sense".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

????????   Come on!  Fan for 25 years and you only post here 4 times?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

When he says he was a fan, I think he meant he blows.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbh. Show vbh's posts

Here are the critical plays , which shows the match is fixed for NE to loose:

1. Not using Shane Vereen till almost fourth quarter as receiver.

2. Not going often for first down on  4th and short inside Baltimore 40.

3. Running game was effective, but not using often.

4. Wasting the last precious seconds in second quarter to kick field goal. There were 20secs or so, brady just runs few yards in 1st and Goal to burn the clock, instead of taking multiple shots at the end zone.

5. Refrees were ruling for in favor of Ravens in critical plays, including where it was a viscious heat on Ridley and the ground called fumble.

6. Not running hurry up play at all in second half. All refrees were old, they were never able to set the ball fast for next play.

7. Brady was refusing to throw many times. Worst game of Brady. Brady can only put on nice act deliberately to play that bad.

8. BB made a lot of mistakes, including not kicking field goal in 4th quarter to make it 12 point game with more than 7 minutes remaining.

If BB leaves New Egland, then I might watch Patriots ( and NFL). He basically won the superbowl with the team Parcells built. After 2004 he has lost many critical games despite having Brady at his prime. He is not defensive genius as it has shown last 8 years after Parcells team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

If you want to talk about a fix, it wasn't this game.  It was Baltimore versus Denver.  Peyton Manning has never, ever in his career sat on a ball with 2 timeouts and forty seconds to play.  And at no time this season did Denver's veteran d-backs botch a play like the one that cost them the game.

That was the oddest game I've seen in a long time.  Last night, Pats just sukked.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Ok, let me get this straight....

We have been to the superbowl 5 times in the last 11 years, winning 3 of them.....in the playoffs almost every single year, win the division the majority of those years....and because we came up a game short you are ready to give up on the entire game?

Does the name "spoiled little brat" mean anything to you?

My God man.....how about supporting the team that has made you so stinking spoiled?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Not rigged.

Easy to go conservative in the playoffs...the dillema to go with your comfort zone or make bold adjustments is especally difficult.

Look at...

Falcons second half.

Ravens first half.

Patriots almost entire game.

Formulaic offense, letting the 'high probability' plays dominate. What happens is other team can key in on just a few possibilites.

Falcons could shoot down the field at will in the first half  but went conservative when they had a lead.

Ravens looked like they dd not want to take a chance with Flaco or the wind first half..lucky for them Pats also played conservative of they would have been down 28-7.

Patriots going to Welker, Hern and llyod over and over. Did not bring out Vareen until late, didn't use Ho-man or Fells as receivers which could have been a surpise  (and effective) in the red zone and Brady of course, no sneaks or runs for 1rst downs. QB's  should avoid hits reg season, but not even risking one open field tackle for a 1rst down in the playoffs means they were still a bit in their regular season mode...not good enough to win AFC championship.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to vbh's comment:

4. Wasting the last precious seconds in second quarter to kick field goal. There were 20secs or so, brady just runs few yards in 1st and Goal to burn the clock, instead of taking multiple shots at the end zone.

5. Refrees were ruling for in favor of Ravens in critical plays, including where it was a viscious heat on Ridley and the ground called fumble.

6. Not running hurry up play at all in second half. All refrees were old, they were never able to set the ball fast for next play.

7. Brady was refusing to throw many times. Worst game of Brady. Brady can only put on nice act deliberately to play that bad.

8. BB made a lot of mistakes, including not kicking field goal in 4th quarter to make it 12 point game with more than 7 minutes remaining.

If BB leaves New Egland, then I might watch Patriots ( and NFL). He basically won the superbowl with the team Parcells built. After 2004 he has lost many critical games despite having Brady at his prime. He is not defensive genius as it has shown last 8 years after Parcells team.

Wow, Andy Kaufman is alive!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to vbh's comment:

Are you one of those HAARP theorists who claimed Obama engineered Hurricane Sandy right before the election?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Have to admit I get a sickening feeling after miserable ending to the season like this.

I suppose all endings suck but some are definitely worse than others.  This one was right up there with the worst IMO.  Losing at home as 8 pt favorite while losing key players to injury makes it a brutal ending, leaving a bitter taste and a knee jerk reaction to get away from this obsession for a while.  It's probably the sensible thing to do. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

When he says he was a fan, I think he meant he blows.  

LOL

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbh. Show vbh's posts

Vareen was the key. He has the ability to catch and run 10 times better than woodhead. He had three touchdowns last week against tough texas defense. Not using him for three quarters is the strategy to loose game. I knew when they did not use him in 1st quarter we are going to loose. The outcome was predecided.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

Not fixed, the Ravens were better, Flacco was better than Brady and Harbaugh better than BB.

Why do the Patriots throw long  to Welker on 3rd and 2? You know its going to be iincomplete, why not run the ball and at least set up a 4th and 1? That play along with Welkers drop ruined 2 drives that probably would have ended with polints.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Are you one of those HAARP theorists who claimed Obama engineered Hurricane Sandy right before the election?

NASA has said high powered microwaves can affect the weather including potential earthquake triggering. And one of the top 3 Russian politicians implied they caused the Japanese tsunami. But I'm sure both NASA and that Ruskie pol are just being stupid.

Sections
Shortcuts