BYE BYE WELKER!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: BYE BYE WELKER YOU FKNG MIDGET CHOKE ARTIST!!!!

In response to ricky12684's comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Over reactionary as always.

Yep lets just not even try to sign the best and toughest wide receiver on the team. That makes a lot of sense.

Who was it again that scored our only TD? Who is it that continually gets game planed for and still regularly puts up 100 yard receiving days, including in post season losses? Who gets the cr@p beat out of him but still gets up and stumbles back to the huddle in LA LA land and still runs his route and gets open?

Oh yeah Wes Welker that's right.

I will say my thank you's again, as always. Thank you Lord for not letting fans make decisions for my favorite football team.

who drops the most important catches of his career?

Oh yeah Wes Welker that's right.

and yet Brady still targets him every time. Why is that exactly? Clueless. As if a win comes down to a single play. 

Thank god the fans don't make the decisions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I think Wes is history in Foxboro. It's probably for the best. Big bucks for an aging big pass dropper is most likely found elsewhere.

You never give up do you Babe.  Your Schtick is old.  Please show me another receiver who puts up Welker numbers and doesn't drop balls.  You also blame it on age, please tell me why Hernandez drops them.  He isn't old. 

I'm sure Welker can make some good money going to another team.  He would be huge asset to say a Broncos, Packers, Saints or any other very good passing team.  And then the Pats can plug in Edelman or heck, get admendola to play the slot.  That is just plain scary to think of, especially since they get hurt all the time.   I really hope BB doesn't go this route and make the same mistake again when he got rid of Moss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Without Welker the past 4 years the Pats would not have been in 2 SBs and to a couple of AFC Championship losses. Some people just don't get it. The guy has ben Bradys go to guy and has moved the chains on 3rd downs a ton. That being said the Pats have not won a SB with him but in both losses the Pats needed ONE more DEFENSIVE stop to win having the lead late in the 4th. And the last I checked WElker does NOT play Defense. I do believe it's time to move on and get a vertical stud WR to stretch the field to go along with 2 great tight ends? Not to mention a couple of good running backs--time for the Pats to adjust--they are not that many pieces away from being a great team.  Deep threat WR---Pro bowl SAFETY  another CB to go with Talib a man crushing PASS rusher off the edge and a couple of tough as nails run blocking guards. JMO?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

Without Welker the past 4 years the Pats would not have been in 2 SBs and to a couple of AFC Championship losses. Some people just don't get it. The guy has ben Bradys go to guy and has moved the chains on 3rd downs a ton. That being said the Pats have not won a SB with him but in both losses the Pats needed ONE more DEFENSIVE stop to win having the lead late in the 4th. And the last I checked WElker does NOT play Defense. I do believe it's time to move on and get a vertical stud WR to stretch the field to go along with 2 great tight ends? Not to mention a couple of good running backs--time for the Pats to adjust--they are not that many pieces away from being a great team.  Deep threat WR---Pro bowl SAFETY  another CB to go with Talib a man crushing PASS rusher off the edge and a couple of tough as nails run blocking guards. JMO?

What ??? defensive stop??? IF WELKER CATCHES BALL IN SB LAST YEAR THERE IS NO DEFENSIVE STOP BECAUSE PATS CAN RUN CLOCK OUT......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozzyharkonnen. Show ozzyharkonnen's posts

just remember, welker sold his soul to the devil to heal his knee.

what he didn't realize was when the devil said the price was butterfingers, he wasnt talking about candy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ozzyharkonnen's comment:

what he didn't realize was when the devil said the price was butterfingers, he wasnt talking about candy.

So if Welker is butterfingers what does that make Edelman, Lloyd and Hernandez?  See what I did there?  that kind of backfired on you didn't it!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

since the guy averages about 120 catches per year u got any of those?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

we don't call him the peyton manning of wide receivers and marvin harrison 2.0 for no reason.. :) i think we already established his regular season greatness

i would say his post seasons have been pretty good too including sunday...he is like buckner a convenient scapegoat for those needing an easy target

btw do u hate welker more than u hate jews?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

we don't call him the peyton manning of wide receivers and marvin harrison 2.0 for no reason.. :) i think we already established his regular season greatness

i would say his post seasons have been pretty good too including sunday...he is like buckner a convenient scapegoat for those needing an easy target

btw do u hate welker more than u hate jews?

yawn... :) goodnight

guess so

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

So if Welker is butterfingers what does that make Edelman, Lloyd and Hernandez?  See what I did there?  that kind of backfired on you didn't it!

not the ones with the two biggest drops of the year for the past 2 years.. not the ones who led the nfl in dropped passes this season.. 

You must be Babes brother.  Apparently you have not been paying attention because just last week there was a big long thread discussing the SB pass/drop.  Maybe you should find it and read it and get back to me on how the Brady to Welker pass was a good pass, lol!! Please!!  I won't even rehash this discussion here but you need to really check it out.  It was a horrible pass and ball placement by Brady. How about the pass on the very next play to Branch where the ball was behind Branch and Branch dropped it?  That would have kept the drive alive!!  Do you even remember that?  How about the Hernandez drop prior?  Do you remember that one?  If you are going to point fingers then at least be fair about it.  Clearly you have an agenda here and it's doesn't fly with us smart one.  Sure, you may be able to fool some of the people around here but not all of us! 

And if you think the Patriots could have really won the game yesterday if Welker caught the pass then you are fooling yourself.  No way could the Pats win that game Sunday.  They couldn't convert, they were flat, they were out coached, they were less talented, they were less physical then the Ravens.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Let Welker go and spend the money on defense because it stinks whenever Talib is not out there.

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Welker is not the problem with this offense.  What the Pats need, though, are one or preferably two real wideouts (not slots) to complement Lloyd (who is, in my opinion, a number two receiver, not a number one) and Welker.  Put a fast, six-footer who can run effective post routes and has good hands opposite Lloyd, with Welker in the slot and you have a wide receiver corp that looks scary good, particularly when complemented by Gronk, Hern, and Vereen at the TE and receiving back positions.

We rely far too much on Welker and the poor guy was beat silly Sunday.  You can't expect a little guy like him to catch 10-15 passes every game and get continually pounded without having a few drops periodically.  He's small, has small hands, and with the kind of routes he runs he's getting whacked all day by LBs and safeties.  We need to take some of the pressure off him.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozzyharkonnen. Show ozzyharkonnen's posts

In response to TFB12's comment

not the ones who hold out for more money after screwing up in the biggest game of the year.  maybe the crybrady can wrap welker around his fingersi in place of the superbowl rings welker cost him.

back fired on you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goosedaddy. Show goosedaddy's posts

I dont know who you are or how big you are, but as tough as Welker is unless you're a cage fighter I'm pretty sure that choking midget would kick your (butt) with no trouble.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Welker is not the problem with this offense.  What the Pats need, though, are one or preferably two real wideouts (not slots) to complement Lloyd (who is, in my opinion, a number two receiver, not a number one) and Welker.  Put a fast, six-footer who can run effective post routes and has good hands opposite Lloyd, with Welker in the slot and you have a wide receiver corp that looks scary good, particularly when complemented by Gronk, Hern, and Vereen at the TE and receiving back positions.

We rely far too much on Welker and the poor guy was beat silly Sunday.  You can't expect a little guy like him to catch 10-15 passes every game and get continually pounded without having a few drops periodically.  He's small, has small hands, and with the kind of routes he runs he's getting whacked all day by LBs and safeties.  We need to take some of the pressure off him.  

I can't agree with you more, you are spot on and echo everything I have been saying here.  Glad to see some others like you who can put it all into perspective.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You know, I wasn't planning on being critical on Welker, I've always said he's not a big game number 1 WR and that's why I was opposed to paying him 15 mill a year. But TFB and other Welker apologists have made me change my tune, they're blaming everyone except Welker and want to dump Hernandez, Talib and everyone to accomodate Wes. 

Forget that, Welker is Peyton Manning of WRs. He racks up big yards in the regular season, but never shows up in the clutch. When was the last time the Patriots offense made a clutch play with the game on the line? 

Welker isn't clutch. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

how about when the ball hits you in both hands there are no excuses. i never blamed the loss on welker but his drop was the turning point in the game. that's just a fact.

"Welker's final stats look solid. He had eight catches for 117 yards and a touchdown. But for the second year in a row, Welker had another infamous postseason drop that will go down in Patriots lore. 

Welker’s drops have a way of propelling other teams to victory in the playoffs. His fourth-quarter drop in last year’s Super Bowl led to the New York Giants’ game-winning drive and more heartache for the Patriots."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/54445/wes-welker-future-with-patriots-in-limbo

get over it. 

We can quote articles back and forth all day long.  While being a Brady fan I can still be fair and call it like it is and accept players shortcomings.  I'm not the type to defend and twist things around when they aren't correct just to protect my favorite player.

Check this out, it still hold true to this last post season.  What happens in the playoffs?  Going up against tough teams instead of the mediocre one's seen during the regular season.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/tom-brady-not-so-terrific/13378/

Sections
Shortcuts