BYE-BYE WES!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: BYE-BYE WES!

In Response to Re: BYE-BYE WES!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BYE-BYE WES! : EXACTLY BOZO. The PATS don't need a "I don't know" if I'm gonna go to OTA's from WW. His stats are very misleading. With more balance, and a REAL outside/vertical threat, TB12's options take several of the throws to WW away for bigger gains and less predictability. David Givens and David Patten have 5 RINGS between them while WW has ZERO. I love WW, but did everyone forget what Julian Edleman did while WW was out? The guy had games catching 10+ for over 100yrds+ too. If Wes submits to his true value and role with the attitude he's dispalyed since getting here, and stops the "I don't know" attitude, them bring him along, otherwise, BYE-BYE WES!
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

Rally, 

In 2009 Edelman had one game not games with 10 catches, not 10+ catches. The second game of the year he had 8 catches, another game with 6 and the final game of the year with ten. That's 24 catches in just three games but only 13 in the other 8 games played that year. Not so impressive. 

Hetchinspete

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BYE-BYE WES! : Wow.  For an formerly elite football player who pushes the "team" concept, you certainly are singling welker out for his current status.  IN the most team of games don't you think others were also responsible for the "team" failures?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

UD6, I ABSOUTELY DO! BUT, they aren't saying they don't know if they are going to OTAs either. WW has singled himself out by saying that. And, in the wake of blowing his opportunity of a lifetime. Go ahead and settle for excuses. Wes didn't catch THE ball that mattered most and now brings attention to himself by acting defiant. "We'll see what happens." is all he has to say. Losers settle for losing and for those who don't make those big plays even even though they are paid millions to do so. I bet you'd feel differently if it where your money and not just Mr. Kraft's. I am a team player, Wes is leaning to the side of not being one now following his public statement. MY POINT IS EXACTLY THAT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BYE-BYE WES! : Rally,  You and the article make a good point but it's all based on statistics which are reliable only to a degree. When it comes to making decisions on who must come and go, who might be on the verge of being over the hill the decision has to be made on an individual basis, not on a statistical analysis.  Say they trade Welker for draft choices, now we've got two players out of college ready to play and now we've got another crap shoot. The percentages of players out of college making the NFL aren't very high and to replace a top flight reciever like Welker even more remote.  I keep Welker and pay him to play until he's ready to retire or be cut. A player doesn't suddenly go from 122 receptions to the dumper. If he does please remind me and I'll eat my words at the end of next season.  Cheers,  H-Pete 
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

H-Pete, OK, RANDY MOSS! His productivity dropped significantly after breaking the NFL TD reception record. In the world of WRs, DBs, and other "skilled positions", one small, nagging injury, or as was in my case, a damaged psyche after having been beat deep on a critical play that cost my team MAJORLY, the drop off is abrupt. The difference between a 4.4 and a 4.6 forty is HUGE! But it only talkes a very minor injury anywhere on a player's body to permanently cause that minute of a time, but major performance difference. The PATS franchised WW because he is worth, maybe one more year at 9.4-million and they are hedging their bets. THAT is why they don't want to go long term. If he will go 2-yrs at 6 mill per, he may get that. but if he thinks he's getting more money or years than that, he is dreaming in my opinion. Again, I like Wes, but only as a transition option moving forward. Between the injury and now the missed opportunity in the Super Bowl, he needs to shut up and do the right thing for everybody. SHHHHHHHHH!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

" His productivity dropped significantly after breaking the NFL td reception record ". Yea that tends to happen after 23 tds. Please show me the list of Wrs who have more tds than Randy. Seriously man you're looking like a complete fool in you're own thread. You're entire argument is bases of of "average wrs" after 30. You offer no evidence to support you're claim about Wes. And you proved to know nothing about how a NFL contract works. I don't know anyone here or in real life that wants to pay Wes 9-10 per , with 25+ guaranteed. Nobody is saying sign him to a Fitz or Megatron contract. I'm certainly not saying that. LMFAO buried in you're own thread.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BYE-BYE WES! : Rally,  In 2009 Edelman had one game not games with 10 catches, not 10+ catches. The second game of the year he had 8 catches, another game with 6 and the final game of the year with ten. That's 24 catches in just three games but only 13 in the other 8 games played that year. Not so impressive.  Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

H-Pete, Did you know that was Edelman's ROOKIE campaign and he did ALL OF THAT? Did you also know that Welker played a full 16-game season with ZERO catches his rookie year. Then, in his second season, he had a modest total of 29. Edelman 37 in rookie season, Welker 29 in first two. Edelman is now splitting time between all three teams. Welker is just capitalizing on being thrown to by TB12. What is the point you were trying to make here?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]" His productivity dropped significantly after breaking the NFL td reception record ". Yea that tends to happen after 23 tds. Please show me the list of Wrs who have more tds than Randy. Seriously man you're looking like a complete fool in you're own thread. You're entire argument is bases of of "average wrs" after 30. You offer no evidence to support you're claim about Wes. And you proved to know nothing about how a NFL contract works. I don't know anyone here or in real life that wants to pay Wes 9-10 per , with 25+ guaranteed. Nobody is saying sign him to a Fitz or Megatron contract. I'm certainly not saying that. LMFAO buried in you're own thread.
    Posted by 1guy1sharp[/QUOTE]

Really, I don't know? Been there, done that in real life, dude. All I did was respond to H-pete's question and you step in like you know something? I can't help you if you can't keep up with the evolving, multiple conversations, 1guy1dull. And I see you are still engaged in this thread too, fool. If you wanna comment, try to be fully educated on where the conversation is. Picking and choosing where you wanna hit somebody is using ignorance as an excuse to get away with stupidity. In other words, shut up. And if you are paying attemtion to RANDY MOSS, he hasn't done anything since that record breaking season. You act as though he had some kind of gradual decline. NO. IT WAS INSTANATANEOUS!!! As a matter of fact you just helped support my point that WR drop off can be INSTANTANEOUS. THANKS, STUPID!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BYE-BYE WES! : UD6, I ABSOUTELY DO! BUT, they aren't saying they don't know if they are going to OTAs either. WW has singled himself out by saying that. And, in the wake of blowing his opportunity of a lifetime. Go ahead and settle for excuses. Wes didn't catch THE ball that mattered most and now brings attention to himself by acting defiant. "We'll see what happens." is all he has to say. Losers settle for losing and for those who don't make those big plays even even though they are paid millions to do so. I bet you'd feel differently if it where your money and not just Mr. Kraft's. I am a team player, Wes is leaning to the side of not being one now following his public statement. MY POINT IS EXACTLY THAT.
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]
    hmm.  Did you know that Mankins hasn't won a superbowl?  Mankins allowed the protection to collapse from the right side helping cause the safety in the SB. Mankins made demands.  Brady made demands.  Wilfork made demands.  Yet you single out Welker.  I don't get it.  Where was their "team" mentality, and why would you defend them now?

Do you define a team player as the guy who only accepts that which the team offers?  

some of the most important current patriots made demands publicly, but you defend them now.  

Unfortunately, imo, you have a specific and biased axe to grind against Welker that you choose not have for others that have done the same.  

These guys are independent contractors when their team consciously chooses not to sign them to an extension prior to the completion of their contract.  That's what the pats did, yet now you complain that Welker's not being a team player.  The team could have done something about that, but chose not to.  They forced Welker into this position.  Not vice versa.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BYE-BYE WES! : hmm.  Did you know that Mankins hasn't won a superbowl?  Mankins allowed the protection to collapse from the right side helping cause the safety in the SB. Mankins made demands.  Brady made demands.  Wilfork made demands.  Yet you single out Welker.  I don't get it.  Where was their "team" mentality, and why would you defend them now? Do you define a team player as the guy who only accepts that which the team offers?   some of the most important current patriots made demands publicly, but you defend them now.   Unfortunately, imo, you have a specific and biased axe to grind against Welker that you choose not have for others that have done the same.   These guys are independent contractors when their team consciously chooses not to sign them to an extension prior to the completion of their contract.  That's what the pats did, yet now you complain that Welker's not being a team player.  The team could have done something about that, but chose not to.  They forced Welker into this position.  Not vice versa.  
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

UD6, I won't defend the way these two acted when it was their turn in the cooker. I know, I saw/heard what they did and wasn't happy with them either. BUT, if you think that WW means as much to the the long term success now as those two did/do then/now, then I am wasting my time trying to explain this. LM protects TB12 most every play from being a vegetable for the rest of his life, and VW is THE anchor, and argueably the best DT in the NFL. When they had their situations, they hadn't just come out of the Superbowl a few weeks earlier after having blown the opportunity to be immortalized by making "the catch" that almost certainly would have won another RING. Then they didn't F-UP and follow that memory up with an "I don't know" if I am gonna participate with this team at OTAs after failing to perform. They had leverage and their actions couldn't be questioned because they both were early prime players and THE BEST IN THE NFL at their positions. Wes's success is misleading as he is in a system with the perfect QB. I like WW, but would swap him for several other players in the league right now. Bottom line, I like the PATS ORG and philosophies more! He screwed up by not making that play, then by saying what he did knowing that he is on the other side of his prime moving forward. The other two, they were totally different situations and are still more valuable to the team than this aging WR.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

In response to "Re: BYE-BYE WES!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BYE-BYE WES! : Really, I don't know? Been there, done that in real life, dude. All I did was respond to H-pete's question and you step in like you know something? I can't help you if you can't keep up with the evolving, multiple conversations, 1guy1dull . And I see you are still engaged in this thread too, fool. If you wanna comment, try to be fully educated on where the conversation is. Picking and choosing where you wanna hit somebody is using ignorance as an excuse to get away with stupidity. In other words, shut up. And if you are paying attemtion to RANDY MOSS , he hasn't done anything since that record breaking season. You act as though he had some kind of gradual decline. NO. IT WAS INSTANATANEOUS!!! As a matter of fact you just helped support my point that WR drop off can be INSTANTANEOUS. THANKS, STUPID! Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE] Wow you really , truly are dumb. None of this ^ makes any sense. In you're first post you sited "average" Wrs and how they drop off. Pretty stupid. I pointed out that Welker is anything but average. Anyone paying attention knows comparing him to an average Wr is just dumb. You also pointed out that Wes would only thrive with 12-18 , again a stupid thing to say , with absolutely know evidence to support you're claim. Randy Moss had to very good years after setting records and essentially had five tds in eight games before he got traded to Tenn. As a matter of fact you provide no evidence at all with any of you're claims. You're getting buried in you're own thread genius. Keep posting , you're a poor man's CC lol. The Al Sharpton of BDC. Talking nonsense just to hear yourself speak. You really have no idea how foolish you look.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BYE-BYE WES! : H-Pete, Did you know that was Edelman's ROOKIE campaign and he did ALL OF THAT? Did you also know that Welker played a full 16-game season with ZERO catches his rookie year. Then, in his second season, he had a modest total of 29. Edelman 37 in rookie season, Welker 29 in first two. Edelman is now splitting time between all three teams. Welker is just capitalizing on being thrown to by TB12. What is the point you were trying to make here?
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

My main point is you made a statement you seemed to know as fact and you misquoted the stats. 

Hetchinspete. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]" His productivity dropped significantly after breaking the NFL td reception record ". Yea that tends to happen after 23 tds. Please show me the list of Wrs who have more tds than Randy. Seriously man you're looking like a complete fool in you're own thread. You're entire argument is bases of of "average wrs" after 30. You offer no evidence to support you're claim about Wes. And you proved to know nothing about how a NFL contract works. I don't know anyone here or in real life that wants to pay Wes 9-10 per , with 25+ guaranteed. Nobody is saying sign him to a Fitz or Megatron contract. I'm certainly not saying that. LMFAO buried in you're own thread.
    Posted by 1guy1sharp[/QUOTE]

It's obvious that Rally C will come up with any argument he can to find a reason to get rid of Welker. To say that Moss dropped off significantly after after his 23 td season is true, so he went from a phenominal once in a career season to go onto have two more very productive seasons where he caught 152 passes for almost 2300 yards with 24 TDs averaging almost 15 yards per catch. Pretty damn good for someone who is over the hill. 

Hetchinspete. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

This is like talking to your child. OK, here ya go, FACTS:

1. Most NFL WRs start to show decline after the age of 30.
    2. Wes will be 31-yo this year.
    3. Wes Welker missed the single most impactful catch opportunity of his stellar NFL carreer in this past Superbowl which likely would have lead to a 4th PATS ring.
    4. TB12 is argueably the greatest NFL QB of all time, which makes it that much easier for those he throws to to be perceived as very good.
    5. Wes Welker's contract is up, and was offered the franchise tag of $9.4-million for one season.
    6. Wes Welker said pubicly that "I don't know" if I'm gonna attend OTA's with the Patriots this month.
    7. It was a mistake for this card to played considering the aforementioned facts.
    8.There are a dozen responses that could have made WW's point with a much more telling desire to return to his team without making that untimely statement. I.E. "We shall see, but I can tell you that it would be my first choice if both sides can work it out."
    9. If Wes doesn't return to the PATS, his productivity suffers exponentially.
    10. It is a mistake to give this player more than 2-years at even 5-mil per based on these facts.

THE END

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

This is like talking to your child. OK, here ya go, FACTS:

1. Most NFL WRs start to show decline after the age of 30.
    2010 - #2 & #4 pass catchers over 30
    2009 - #8 over 30
    2008 - #5 and #6 over 30
    2007 - #4 over 30
    2006 - #3 and #5 over 30
    2005 - #11 over 30
    I could go on. 

2. Wes will be 31-yo this year.
    Was #1 last year at 30.  Also, #2 last year was also 30. 

3. Wes Welker missed the single most impactful catch opportunity of his stellar NFL carreer in this past Superbowl which likely would have lead to a 4th PATS ring.
    It was a poorly thrown ball over the middle.  By your statement below, you give Brady a "pass" for his poor throw while throwing Welker under the bus.  Many younger receivers have also dropped important balls. 

4. TB12 is argueably the greatest NFL QB of all time, which makes it that much easier for those he throws to to be perceived as very good.
    Argueably?  He didn't win MVP or even become a first team All-Pro UNTIL he had Wes Welker.  While I'll be first in line to agree that great QB's make WR's better, I'll never suggest that the reverse isn't also true. 

5. Wes Welker's contract is up, and was offered the franchise tag of $9.4-million for one season.
    The org, could have offered Welker a new contract prior to the completion of his prior contract.  There isn't a player in the league that appreciates the tag.  It is a pro-team/anti-player tool.  Many team use it simply to lock up players so that they may continue hammering out a better deal for the player.  In turn, the player doesn't want to risk injury in OTA's without the longer deal. 

6. Wes Welker said pubicly that "I don't know" if I'm gonna attend OTA's with the Patriots this month.
    Its a negotiating tactic.  One employed by almost all players.  Just as Brady now spends much of the offseason away from NE to the consternation of the org, Welker is free to do the same with OTA's while awaiting a better deal.  If there is one guy who doesn't need the extra work, its Welker. 

7. It was a mistake for this card to played considering the aforementioned facts.
    Completely disagree.  Pro football is a business.  The org treats it as such especially at contract time.  That's what they've done with the tag.  The tag is NOT an act of loyalty extended by the team.  It is a tool to keep a player from going elsewhere.  Its a business play.  For some reason, you seem to believe that the org is the only side that should be allowed to treat the game as a business.  You believe players should simply take what is given them.  You are completely laundry biased.

8.There are a dozen responses that could have made WW's point with a much more telling desire to return to his team without making that untimely statement. I.E. "We shall see, but I can tell you that it would be my first choice if both sides can work it out."
    Yeah - that's the kind of comment that creates negotiating leverage.  LOL.  You'd never make it as an agent. 

9. If Wes doesn't return to the PATS, his productivity suffers exponentially.
    Possibly.  Depends on a number of factors including the team that he would go to.  That said, productivity isn't everything.  Do you not think that part of the great productivity that Gronkowski and Hernandez enjoyed was due in part to teams' focus on Welker?  The loss of Welker would allow opponents to shift more focus on other receivers making it harder for Brady. 

10. It is a mistake to give this player more than 2-years at even 5-mil per based on these facts.
    Welker deserves a 3 year deal with about 15 guaranteed.  He could have held out and demanded money for his production long ago as others effectively have done.  Unlike Brady, he didn't.  Unlike Brady or Wilfork, he played out his deal.  He earned his right to negotiate, and that is what he is doing.  Its business.  If you think the Pats should be allowed to engage in such tactics, then FA's deserve the same opportunity without impunity. 

THE END

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]This is like talking to your child. OK, here ya go, FACTS: 1. Most NFL WRs start to show decline after the age of 30. 2010 - #2 & #4 pass catchers over 30 2009 - #8 over 30 2008 - #5 and #6 over 30 2007 - #4 over 30 2006 - #3 and #5 over 30 2005 - #11 over 30 I could go on.  2. Wes will be 31-yo this year. Was #1 last year at 30.  Also, #2 last year was also 30.   3. Wes Welker missed the single most impactful catch opportunity of his stellar NFL carreer in this past Superbowl which likely would have lead to a 4th PATS ring. It was a poorly thrown ball over the middle.  By your statement below, you give Brady a "pass" for his poor throw while throwing Welker under the bus.  Many younger receivers have also dropped important balls.  4. TB12 is argueably the greatest NFL QB of all time, which makes it that much easier for those he throws to to be perceived as very good. Argueably?  He didn't win MVP or even become a first team All-Pro UNTIL he had Wes Welker.  While I'll be first in line to agree that great QB's make WR's better, I'll never suggest that the reverse isn't also true.  5. Wes Welker's contract is up, and was offered the franchise tag of $9.4-million for one season. The org, could have offered Welker a new contract prior to the completion of his prior contract.  There isn't a player in the league that appreciates the tag.  It is a pro-team/anti-player tool.  Many team use it simply to lock up players so that they may continue hammering out a better deal for the player.  In turn, the player doesn't want to risk injury in OTA's without the longer deal.  6. Wes Welker said pubicly that "I don't know" if I'm gonna attend OTA's with the Patriots this month. Its a negotiating tactic.  One employed by almost all players.  Just as Brady now spends much of the offseason away from NE to the consternation of the org, Welker is free to do the same with OTA's while awaiting a better deal.  If there is one guy who doesn't need the extra work, its Welker.  7. It was a mistake for this card to played considering the aforementioned facts. Completely disagree.  Pro football is a business.  The org treats it as such especially at contract time.  That's what they've done with the tag.  The tag is NOT an act of loyalty extended by the team.  It is a tool to keep a player from going elsewhere.  Its a business play.  For some reason, you seem to believe that the org is the only side that should be allowed to treat the game as a business.  You believe players should simply take what is given them.  You are completely laundry biased.   8.There are a dozen responses that could have made WW's point with a much more telling desire to return to his team without making that untimely statement. I.E. "We shall see, but I can tell you that it would be my first choice if both sides can work it out." Yeah - that's the kind of comment that creates negotiating leverage.  LOL.  You'd never make it as an agent.  9. If Wes doesn't return to the PATS, his productivity suffers exponentially. Possibly.  Depends on a number of factors including the team that he would go to.  That said, productivity isn't everything.  Do you not think that part of the great productivity that Gronkowski and Hernandez enjoyed was due in part to teams' focus on Welker?  The loss of Welker would allow opponents to shift more focus on other receivers making it harder for Brady.  10. It is a mistake to give this player more than 2-years at even 5-mil per based on these facts. Welker deserves a 3 year deal with about 15 guaranteed.  He could have held out and demanded money for his production long ago as others effectively have done.  Unlike Brady, he didn't.  Unlike Brady or Wilfork, he played out his deal.  He earned his right to negotiate, and that is what he is doing.  Its business.  If you think the Pats should be allowed to engage in such tactics, then FA's deserve the same opportunity without impunity.  THE END
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

UD6, I have been there and done that. Lets see how this ends in real life. Lets see where WW and the PATS ends up. I maintain that WW is overrated, headed for a decline and would be a bad move if given more than 2yrs at a reasonable rate. 3yrs from now he won't even be relevant. Again, been there done that. Regardless, I will be proven right, and you wrong! THE REAL END.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

So I guess your point is you don't have a rebuttal, or mine to yours was so comprehensive that you've given up.  So be it Rally. 

Please define relevant. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Seems like it, doesn't it, but I don't think it is. 

All Rally is, is a laundry guy.  If a deal is worked out, Rally will go back to being a welker guy, but as it is today he can't stand Welker because Welker's using his only negotiating leverage, which is himself and his time.

Funny how he defended Mankins who did the same and so much more before ultimately getting his deal.   

Logic isn't a strong point for Rally. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I used to think you were an uber tool UD, but given this exchange you have moved much further down the tool scale

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to "Re: BYE-BYE WES!": [QUOTE]Seems like it, doesn't it, but I don't think it is.  All Rally is, is a laundry guy.  If a deal is worked out, Rally will go back to being a welker guy, but as it is today he can't stand Welker because Welker's using his only negotiating leverage, which is himself and his time. Funny how he defended Mankins who did the same and so much more before ultimately getting his deal.    Logic isn't a strong point for Rally.  Posted by UD6[/QUOTE] The point of this thread was to say good bye to Wes as it is my opinion that because of his missed opportunity for greatness and his subsequent tactic to use his "leverage" in the media by threatening not to attend OTA's, he is gone. Argue against it all u want. BYE-BYE WESLEY. BAD STRATEGY DUDE. Like Bill Buckner making demands after the 86 WS gaff. No difference!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]Seems like it, doesn't it, but I don't think it is.  All Rally is, is a laundry guy.  If a deal is worked out, Rally will go back to being a welker guy, but as it is today he can't stand Welker because Welker's using his only negotiating leverage, which is himself and his time. Funny how he defended Mankins who did the same and so much more before ultimately getting his deal.    Logic isn't a strong point for Rally. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    As much as the Rusty King can argue, he NEVER claimed to 'have been there', i.e. played in the NFL and apparently been through the free agency/franchise tagged, as Rally C says he has...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Things are bad, really bad, when the Colts fan is making the most sense on a Patriots thread . . .

UD, the only thing you've got wrong is your assessment of Mankins' responsibility for the protection breakdown that led to the safety in the Super Bowl.  Watch the play again.  It's Vollmer on the right side that lets Tuck get free.  Mankins gets hit by Tuck as Tuck barrels through the line, but Mankins was engaged with his man at the time and wasn't really responsible for Tuck getting free. 

As far as Welker . . . UD is correct.  Of course Welker has every right to try to negotiate a contract, and until one is signed it would be odd for him to show up for an OTA when he's not actually employed by the Pats.  We all know Welker prefers a long term deal to the franchise tag, so you can't expect him to sign the tag until he's exhausted his attempt to negotiate a longer term contract.  Given that the first OTA is next week and it looks like the negotiation for a longer term deal will still be ongoing at that point, it's hardly surprising (or a big deal, really) if Welker decides not to show up for work for a team that currently doesn't employ him! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: BYE-BYE WES!": The point of this thread was to say good bye to Wes as it is my opinion that because of his missed opportunity for greatness and his subsequent tactic to use his "leverage" in the media by threatening not to attend OTA's, he is gone. Argue against it all u want. BYE-BYE WESLEY. BAD STRATEGY DUDE. Like Bill Buckner making demands after the 86 WS gaff. No difference!
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

seeing as your "facts" got blown up by a Colts fan and you folded quicker than a lawn chair, I guess it must be time to go back to uninformed opinion 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: BYE-BYE WES!": The point of this thread was to say good bye to Wes as it is my opinion that because of his missed opportunity for greatness and his subsequent tactic to use his "leverage" in the media by threatening not to attend OTA's, he is gone. Argue against it all u want. BYE-BYE WESLEY. BAD STRATEGY DUDE. Like Bill Buckner making demands after the 86 WS gaff. No difference!
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]
    BS!

Your point of this thread was to rant about Welker's negotiating tactic.  Welker's missed opportunity was also Brady's missed opportunity.  Brady was not even pressured yet thew to Welker's wrong shoulder.  Was it catchable? Given Welker's excellent body control, yes.  But most receivers couldn't have even turned to it let alone gotten two hands on the ball.  Had he thrown that ball to nearly any other receiver who would've been incapable of turning on the ball, you would be complaining about Brady's throw, not Welker's drop.  

If Welker goes, it won't be because of his comments about OTA's.  Many pat greats have gone significantly further to express their displeasure with the orgs negotiating tactics only to end up with a deal.  If Welker is gone, it will be because the pats received an offer they couldn't refuse.  Welker's absence would be significant loss for the pats offense and Brady in particular.  

You can blather all you wish about what you meant by your OP, but you said much much more over the course of the thread that was effectively refuted time and again.  You've got an axe to grind against welker but hypocritically see things differently where Brady Mankins and Wilfork are concerned.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Things are bad, really bad, when the Colts fan is making the most sense on a Patriots thread . . . UD, the only thing you've got wrong is your assessment of Mankins' responsibility for the protection breakdown that led to the safety in the Super Bowl.  Watch the play again.  It's Vollmer on the right side that lets Tuck get free.  Mankins gets hit by Tuck as Tuck barrels through the line, but Mankins was engaged with his man at the time and wasn't really responsible for Tuck getting free.  As far as Welker . . . UD is correct.  Of course Welker has every right to try to negotiate a contract, and until one is signed it would be odd for him to show up for an OTA when he's not actually employed by the Pats.  We all know Welker prefers a long term deal to the franchise tag, so you can't expect him to sign the tag until he's exhausted his attempt to negotiate a longer term contract.  Given that the first OTA is next week and it looks like the negotiation for a longer term deal will still be ongoing at that point, it's hardly surprising (or a big deal, really) if Welker decides not to show up for work for a team that currently doesn't employ him! 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]
    spot on.  My bad about Mankins.