C Alex AMck tagged

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

C Alex Mack tagged

transition, not franchise

Boldin-2/$12 with $9 guaranteed

Orakpo tagged...franchise

Worlids tagged

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: C Alex AMck tagged

damn

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Byrd not tagged

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Byrd not tagged

would love to have him here but he'll have alot of suitors with more money to offer

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The day was active with the three signings Grimes, Pollard, and Boldin. I didn't expect many Franchise tags and there weren't many. Grimes though a good DB isn't a 7.5 mil a year DB, Pollard is a good investment by the Titans and the Boldin signing was an obvious one also.

Shields, Talib, and Verner are all available. No tags and no transitions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Mack for 10 million...no thanks..there's no O Lineman worth that much...what is going on with that ownership?

If Connolly gets moved to Center, we still want him to restructure the deal...but even at 3 million, there's not 7 million worth of difference between Mack and Connolly...that's insane.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

The day was active with the three signings Grimes, Pollard, and Boldin. I didn't expect many Franchise tags and there weren't many. Grimes though a good DB isn't a 7.5 mil a year DB, Pollard is a good investment by the Titans and the Boldin signing was an obvious one also.

Folk was also tagged, but not today...a few days ago...kind of sets the bar on an extension for Ghost I assume

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

With the cap going up so much, the increase in tags was be expected. 

the cost of the tag went up accordingly to the cap increase...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

And it looks like TJ Ward is now set to hit FA... would love to see him end up in Foxboro.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

And it looks like TJ Ward is now set to hit FA... would love to see him end up in Foxboro.

Why do I have a hard time seeing him as Gronk's teammate?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I don't... the result was catastrophic, but the hit was clean.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I thought it was cowardly. It's hard to see how he didn't intend it to end the way it did.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

TJ Ward is the player to get. I do not think BB will let that affect his thinking . But the stare he gave ward after the hit Rules it out. That man can break your shoulder pads in 2. He would be a great fit. But the $$$ makes it a pipe dream. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Dude, there is nothing clean about an intentional shot at someone's knees leading with your helmet.  You don't lunge at people's knees. Ankles, the thigh, etc sure, if you are going below the waist.

Knees are a no-no in every sport I've ever played, hockey, football, baseball sliding into a bag, etc.

Where I come from on the ice in hockey for example, TJ Ward's head would be on a platter. On a platter. Football should allow for self-policing and we might see less cheap shots, IMO.  

Ward came from a ways off and lined it up perfectly.  This is nothing new for our team either. It's very clear there is a league wide mantra to go after Pats players whenever possible.

Since when is tackling part of hockey?  Where in the NFL rulebook does it say that you can't tackle low in the open field?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen...moot points all I fear...BB has a track record on such matters...he will NOT destroy the teams relative salary scale for the team and for the position....not going to happen...better than 50 % chance he'll sign someone for low $$ in comparison to those available or will merely  advance one of the younger guys from within...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Dude, there is nothing clean about an intentional shot at someone's knees leading with your helmet.  You don't lunge at people's knees. Ankles, the thigh, etc sure, if you are going below the waist.

Knees are a no-no in every sport I've ever played, hockey, football, baseball sliding into a bag, etc.

Where I come from on the ice in hockey for example, TJ Ward's head would be on a platter. On a platter. Football should allow for self-policing and we might see less cheap shots, IMO.  

Ward came from a ways off and lined it up perfectly.  This is nothing new for our team either. It's very clear there is a league wide mantra to go after Pats players whenever possible.

The last paragraph of your post is starting to gain steam. It happens to much that I notice to. But I still take ward on my team though. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I LOVE Ward. At the time, I said "any dud that comes at Gronk like that, I want".

Gronk - 6'7", 265 lbs

Ward - 5'10", 200 lbs

Ward came in a good 2 strides after the catch, and hit gronk on the thigh with a devestating hit. And CLEAN!

He didn't target the knee...could he anticipate Gronk was going to be slightly off-balance, and unable to lower his shoulder or brace himself? Hardly.

Ward plays the position the correct way. Gronk getting hurt was his own fault. Nobody told him to grow into a 6'7" beast of an NFL TE who made himself instantly renowned for running people over.

Ward, terribly undersized compared to Gronk, came with the intention of stopping a much larger man, a much sronger man, and a guy who had a head of steam himself.

I was the FIRST person on here BLASTING Fairiweather for his disgusting hit on Heap. I took a LOT of heat from Pats fans who celebrated it. I condemned it and HOPED for a suspension. My point being, I don't like dirty hits. 

That Gronk play...as soon as it happened I said "he's done...maybe forever". I've relaxed on the latter, but that was a clean hit. I see a guy who is coming in to make a strong hit, who is over half a foot shorter. If Ward was coming in on a guy 6'0" tall, he hits him in the hip. He didn't go low, Gronk is just huge.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

I LOVE Ward. At the time, I said "any dud that comes at Gronk like that, I want".

Gronk - 6'7", 265 lbs

Ward - 5'10", 200 lbs

Ward came in a good 2 strides after the catch, and hit gronk on the thigh with a devestating hit. And CLEAN!

He didn't target the knee...could he anticipate Gronk was going to be slightly off-balance, and unable to lower his shoulder or brace himself? Hardly.

Ward plays the position the correct way. Gronk getting hurt was his own fault. Nobody told him to grow into a 6'7" beast of an NFL TE who made himself instantly renowned for running people over.

Ward, terribly undersized compared to Gronk, came with the intention of stopping a much larger man, a much sronger man, and a guy who had a head of steam himself.

I was the FIRST person on here BLASTING Fairiweather for his disgusting hit on Heap. I took a LOT of heat from Pats fans who celebrated it. I condemned it and HOPED for a suspension. My point being, I don't like dirty hits. 

That Gronk play...as soon as it happened I said "he's done...maybe forever". I've relaxed on the latter, but that was a clean hit. I see a guy who is coming in to make a strong hit, who is over half a foot shorter. If Ward was coming in on a guy 6'0" tall, he hits him in the hip. He didn't go low, Gronk is just huge.

At the thigh? Please. He hit him like a missle on the side of his knee.  Get some glasses. Do you really think Ward is the first Safety to have to tackle Gronk up the seam like that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-QJ4h9q1Q

I have glasses. Ones without a flying Elvis printed on each lense. Wanna try?

Most players, when getting hit, don't have their leg fully extended and planted. Yes, Ward went low, I don't think he targeted the knee or tried to hurt him. He showed genuine remorse after the game, he explained it.

How many 6'7" players are running down field, making plays like Gronk? That list is 1 name long. NOBODY THAT big and THAT strong play TE, except gronk. Most play DE. Or Oline. Or aren't athletic like him. Chandler is the next closest, and he's nowhere ENAR the player Gronk is. There is no comparable, he's a once-in-the-history-of-the-NFL-player.

Ward has a job, make a tackle...even if it's a rhino. He came in and got the job done. To complain about it is just sour grapes. Players get hurt in the NFL.

Ward should have tried to hit him in the chest? Get fined AND run over? That's a good career move for him. 

He took the legs out of a much bigger man moving at impressive speeds. That's dirty?

No. Going HIGH is dirty. Going LOW is football. We can discuss the p i s s poor fundamentals that have infected the game, but that's not the discussion here.

Sections
Shortcuts