C Alex AMck tagged

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: C Alex AMck tagged

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

And it looks like TJ Ward is now set to hit FA... would love to see him end up in Foxboro.

Why do I have a hard time seeing him as Gronk's teammate?

I don't... the result was catastrophic, but the hit was clean.  

Dude, there is nothing clean about an intentional shot at someone's knees leading with your helmet.  You don't lunge at people's knees. Ankles, the thigh, etc sure, if you are going below the waist.

Knees are a no-no in every sport I've ever played, hockey, football, baseball sliding into a bag, etc.

Where I come from on the ice in hockey for example, TJ Ward's head would be on a platter. On a platter. Football should allow for self-policing and we might see less cheap shots, IMO.  

Ward came from a ways off and lined it up perfectly.  This is nothing new for our team either. It's very clear there is a league wide mantra to go after Pats players whenever possible.

of course if Ward was a Patriot and did the exact same thing it would be an acceptable clean hit and any penalty, fine and/or suspension would be clearly another example of anti-Pats bias and Goodell's anti-Patriots witch hunt because his office is in NY

right?

and the idea there is some concerted effort by the rest of the league to purposely hurt Patriots is hilarious conspiracy nonsense that's more arrogant than I even thought u were capable of...what rot

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

And it looks like TJ Ward is now set to hit FA... would love to see him end up in Foxboro.

Dude, there is nothing clean about an intentional shot at someone's knees leading with your helmet.  You don't lunge at people's knees. Ankles, the thigh, etc sure, if you are going below the waist.

Knees are a no-no in every sport I've ever played, hockey, football, baseball sliding into a bag, etc.

Where I come from on the ice in hockey for example, TJ Ward's head would be on a platter. On a platter. Football should allow for self-policing and we might see less cheap shots, IMO.  

Ward came from a ways off and lined it up perfectly.  This is nothing new for our team either. It's very clear there is a league wide mantra to go after Pats players whenever possible.

of course if Ward was a Patriot and did the exact same thing it would be an acceptable clean hit and any penalty, fine and/or suspension would be clearly another example of anti-Pats bias and Goodell's anti-Patriots witch hunt because his office is in NY

right?

and the idea there is some concerted effort by the rest of the league to purposely hurt Patriots is hilarious conspiracy nonsense that's more arrogant than I even thought u were capable of...what rot

All you have to do is go back and look at the Meri/Heap play and see just how right you are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Since when is tackling part of hockey?  Where in the NFL rulebook does it say that you can't tackle low in the open field?

Why is it illegal for OL or DL to take out one another from the blind side on knee hits?

The point is, there is a code in these sports. You know what I am talking about here, too.

He could have gone much lower to trip him up or at the thigh area or just tracked him down and tackled him with help from the other defender.

There are so many times where a DB could have done what Ward did in Gronk's last 3 seasons, and they haven't because it would be considered dirty. Gronk makes for a large target. We all know it. So did Ward.

There is clearly a school's out vibe with teams going up against our players that has become VERY popular in recent seasons.   I am not saying it's a bounty thing, but it's pretty close to it.

I felt it was gutless and dirty just like the POllard hit on Brady. They know what they're doing. This "what me?" thing after they do it is a total crock. Anyone who has played sports damn well knows when they have an opportunity to take a liberty with a player.

I could ride someone into the boards and sell it, making it look good like a dirty biyatch, but really, I knew what I'd be doing if I did that.

Same deal here with Ward.  It's not like it was a bang/bang thing. Gronk is open up the seam, the ball is in the air, Ward sees it, sees where Gronk will catch it and he times the lunging hit to the side of his knee with purpose and precision.

You claiming a consipiracy theory against the Patriots, doesn't make the hit any less legal.  You can't hit guys high, so defenders will go low, it happens every game, and there's nothing in the rule book that says they can't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

if Ward was a Patriot and did the exact same thing it would be an acceptable clean hit and any penalty, fine and/or suspension would be clearly another example of anti-Pats bias and Goodell's anti-Patriots witch hunt because his office is in NY

right?

and the idea there is some concerted effort by the rest of the league to purposely hurt Patriots is hilarious conspiracy nonsense that's more arrogant than I even thought u were capable of...what rot

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

if Ward was a Patriot and did the exact same thing it would be an acceptable clean hit and any penalty, fine and/or suspension would be clearly another example of anti-Pats bias and Goodell's anti-Patriots witch hunt because his office is in NY

right?

and the idea there is some concerted effort by the rest of the league to purposely hurt Patriots is hilarious conspiracy nonsense that's more arrogant than I even thought u were capable of...what rot

I guess you disagree? 

I still want ward.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Ward Hit was NOT Dirty. I watched it over and over. The NFL has made this an issue by giving out fines for high hits that were normal for years in the nfl. So NFL players have adjusted their target zones to keep their earnings in the bank and not contribute to Goodells 42 million/year salary.

Meriweather said it but best believe ALL safeties feel the same. Its not to say they are trying to injure but they are trying to save money.

Ward can play for me anyday. Lost in all of this is that he is a legit Safety that I was calling for BEFORE the hit and noone here knew he who he was when I mentioned him. The guy can play safety. Any safety worth his weight has taken a player out at one point but not intentionally. It happens. Ask Rodney. He injured Green in a preseason game. I doubt he cared to injure him in a meaningless game but Ish happens. He caught Gronk with his foot planted and something had to give. How about the Pats get a real deep threat so they dont have to use their big tight end to get downfield and incur these hits.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

right?

I guess you disagree? 

I still want ward.

I'd like to have Ward here too, just cant stand fortytool and fortysux

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

right?

I guess you disagree? 

I still want ward.

Honda the Tough Guy does this because he doesn't want me here...i thought he agreed we would just ignore one another but he can't help himself

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

right?

I guess you disagree? 

I still want ward.

Honda the Tough Guy does this because he doesn't want me here...i thought he agreed we would just ignore one another but he can't help himself

no stupid you stated "ignore me I'll ignore you" I never agreed to anything, and weren't you the one that introduced weapons to this discussion. I recall a metal 2x4 and a knife if I'm correct. You're the only one that said he would ignore, seems you can't help yourself. Funny you claim you can use superior intellect on here in your arguments and debates, but it just doesn't seem to show up in any of your posts. Have a great dayCool

...and who in America says "what rot" ? are from England?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

right?

I guess you disagree? 

I still want ward.

no stupid you stated "ignore me I'll ignore you" I never agreed to anything, and weren't you the one that introduced weapons to this discussion. I recall a metal 2x4 and a knife if I'm correct. You're the only one that said he would ignore, seems you can't help yourself. Funny you claim you can use superior intellect on here in your arguments and debates, but it just doesn't seem to show up in any of your posts. Have a great dayCool

ok whatever u say Bad A**

g'day Guv'ner

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

right?

I guess you disagree? 

I still want ward.

ok whatever u say Bad A**

g'day Guv'ner

I win{#emotions_dlg.tongue_out}

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

right?

Ever hear of Bountygate, moron? How is it "arrogant" or a "conspiracy"?

Weather they say the hit was clean of not . Gronk had surgery on his knee. Not thigh. He went for the knees period fact. But I still would take him on my team as crazy as that sounds.Ward knew how he was taking Gronk down it was a sneaky boarder line hit. If Rodney H. Did that he would have got fined or suspended. But I'll say it was a solid jack knifing hit but boarder line. Not taking sides JMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I thought the Ward it was cheap. But its defendable. how does a 200lb dude take out a 260lb dude, by the legs. no other way. and sadly the new NFL Goodell made will only get Gronk killed even more on the legs. its the way he is and the beast type he plays.

now if ward was on the pats and pulled that.... hell yes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Ever hear of Bountygate, moron? How is it "arrogant" or a "conspiracy"?

[/QUOTE]

I've heard of Spygate, moron. Is that "arrogant" or a "conspiracy"?

Sections
Shortcuts