C. Gasper, It only counts as one win, so don't feel too good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

C. Gasper, It only counts as one win, so don't feel too good

Just sent to C. Gasper,

Hello Chris,
    I've been a Pat's fan for years and read the globe  sports all during the nfl season.
     I thinkyour articles are very negative and express a prejudice against Bill Belichick  and the way he approaches footbal and perhaps his successl.
     The team does not have the impact players of the past on defense. This does not indicate a system failure. Maybe a system alteration is called for. A system failure means that the sytem does not function at all in today's game. Not true, because the 3-4 or 4-3 works somewhere and nowhere. Your writings are too pessimistic and negative
     The Pat's beat Carolina, "Ouch," it only counts as one win is the thought that you leave. So don't get yor hopes up!!
     I don't  think that you should use the word "we" in your writings to describe how you and the the fans feel towards the team, because you are adversarial to the vast majority of fans and you are NOT part of the WE WHO SUPPORT THE TEAM IN MY OPINION.
    GO PATRIOTS.
    Davidseattle

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Re: C. Gasper, It only counts as one win, so don't feel too good

i followed reiss over to espnboston.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

In Response to Re: C. Gasper, It only counts as one win, so don't feel too good:
    [QUOTE]i followed reiss over to espnboston.  
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

Same Here, Gasper is Brutal....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

In Response to C. Gasper, It only counts as one win, so don't feel too good:
    [QUOTE]Just sent to C. Gasper, Hello Chris, I've been a Pat's fan for years and read the globe  sports all during the nfl season.  I thinkyour articles are very negative and express a prejudice against Bill Belichick  and the way he approaches footbal and perhaps his successl.  The team does not have the impact players of the past on defense. This does not indicate a system failure. Maybe a system alteration is called for. A system failure means that the sytem does not function at all in today's game. Not true, because the 3-4 or 4-3 works somewhere and nowhere. Your writings are too pessimistic and negative  The Pat's beat Carolina, "Ouch," it only counts as one win is the thought that you leave. So don't get yor hopes up!!  I don't  think that you should use the word "we" in your writings to describe how you and the the fans feel towards the team, because you are adversarial to the vast majority of fans and you are NOT part of the WE WHO SUPPORT THE TEAM IN MY OPINION. GO PATRIOTS. Davidseattle
    Posted by DavidSeattle[/QUOTE]

Well said David....  I tuned Gasper out a few weeks ago... he's become the equivalent of John Tomase from the Herald....

I also check Reiss at Espn daily.

Gasper with his Patriots bashing may be courting a job at ESPN... who knows...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

If many of us fans are guilty of drinking the Koolaid, then Gasper is equally guilty of drinking the Krapaid.  I can respect someone in the middle who gives a balanced perspective, but Gasper is a Krapaid drinker, and he's no more objective than us Koolaid drinkers.

My appreciation for Reiss has increased.  Sure he skirts the line and doesn't like offending anyone, but look at the alternative...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Gasper is a Pats beat guy who is trying to be Shaugnessy or Ryan without the cred or career.  Reiss is the most objective Boston sports reporter there is, and I agree that Gasper is turning into the Globe's version of Tomase -- unreadable.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]I don't  think that you should use the word "we" in your writings to describe how you and the the fans feel towards the team, because you are adversarial to the vast majority of fans and you are NOT part of the WE WHO SUPPORT THE TEAM IN MY OPINION. GO PATRIOTS. Davidseattle

Is he a native New Englander?  His hard-hitting "R's" in the video segments don't indicate that he grew up a Pats fans.  In fact, his animated image certainly doesn't make a fine resemblence to his person, either.

Regardless, it's hard to deal with people who are just traveling through the area on their way to "better things" as they tell us our coach and system are all wrong.  So what are Gasper's credentials?  Does he...simply feel more deeply than the rest of us?  This would be hard to believe if he didn't grow up a Pats fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

now matter how you spin it, he's a d*bag.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Just sent to C. Gasper, Hello Chris, I've been a Pat's fan for years and read the globe  sports all during the nfl season.  I thinkyour articles are very negative and express a prejudice against Bill Belichick  and the way he approaches footbal and perhaps his successl.  The team does not have the impact players of the past on defense. This does not indicate a system failure. Maybe a system alteration is called for. A system failure means that the sytem does not function at all in today's game. Not true, because the 3-4 or 4-3 works somewhere and nowhere. Your writings are too pessimistic and negative  The Pat's beat Carolina, "Ouch," it only counts as one win is the thought that you leave. So don't get yor hopes up!!  I don't  think that you should use the word "we" in your writings to describe how you and the the fans feel towards the team, because you are adversarial to the vast majority of fans and you are NOT part of the WE WHO SUPPORT THE TEAM IN MY OPINION. GO PATRIOTS. Davidseattle

I figured Gasper being  sort of the "guy that took Over for Reiss" is trying to impress some of his fellow cronies like Borges or Shaugnessy. These guys wear there negativity like a badge of honor and to be quite honest I consider it a dispicable personality trait. If the Pats Sukkk then go ahead and say it and who is going to argue but some of these guys have made a living be complete contrarians and at this point in my life I have no room for that kr@p. As most real pats fans do, I also know when the team is bad but I can pick out good and bad in pretty much every game..Sunday against Carolina we should have won and it doesn't mean anything more of course but there were plenty of positive things that came out of that game.1) We adjusted at half time and played much better in the 3rd and 4th quarter for the first time this year. 2) The defense played like it had some nuts for a change and were very aggressive. Carolina has an awesome running game and 2 great backs and with the exception of about 3 plays we shut it down.3) Gotta love what has happened after the game with Moss and the team. In short, Gasper is an idiot and I'd rather read Obama's Biography than the Kr@p Gasper writes.(To put it in perspective:The next time I vote for a Liberal/Progressive will be my First)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Hey, I was raised and lived in Mass and N.H. most of my life and i pronounce my "aaaahs" as "arrrrs".  Not having a bad accent doesnt make you a non new englander.  It just means you dont have a bad accent.  Heck, in Presque Isle, Maine, they mostly have french accents.  

Sections
Shortcuts