Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy?

In Response to Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy?:
    In Response to Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy? :See this is the difference between perceptions in Boston and the rest of the world.  You think Brady's game management early in his career, (similar to Painter's play now) is the stuff of legend.  Its not.  You had a legendary defense that only required game management out of the QB.  The colts don't now and never had that.
    Posted by UD6

The colts D wasn't as good as the Pats D, but the colts' offensive personnel was way better.  Marvin Harrison is a HoF lock and Wayne/Edge both have cases as well.  Not to mention Manning had one of if not the best pass blocking offensive line when the Pats were winning SB's.  Not trying to take anything away from Peyton whose status in the HoF and as one of the all time greats is cemented, but to imply that Brady having a better defense was the only real difference between their situations is wrong.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The trials and tribulations of a once great team that is aging and the management of that team, seemingly, refusing to plan for it properly.  Classic example, not having a decent BU to Manning.  Classic example of good planning, the Pats when Brady went down for the entire 2008 season, the team didn't fold like the Colts seemingly are and the Pats still went 11 - 5.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy? : The colts D wasn't as good as the Pats D, but the colts' offensive personnel was way better.  Marvin Harrison is a HoF lock and Wayne/Edge both have cases as well.  Not to mention Manning had one of if not the best pass blocking offensive line when the Pats were winning SB's.  Not trying to take anything away from Peyton whose status in the HoF and as one of the all time greats is cemented, but to imply that Brady having a better defense was the only real difference between their situations is wrong.  
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa

Hey, I am willing to admit that the colts may have made a mistake with their team structure, because I've never heard the refrain "offense wins championships", have you? 

Brady was simply asked to manage games. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

In Response to Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy? : Hey, I am willing to admit that the colts may have made a mistake with their team structure, because I've never heard the refrain "offense wins championships", have you?  Brady was simply asked to manage games. 
    Posted by UD6

So, which is it, the Colts defense that has cost the Colts from winning the SB, your "idiot kicker," or both?  Is your crying going to expand on your Colts defense now?  Just tell me when the tear marks from your face goes away, so we know you are no longer a cry baby.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Well gln - the kicker did cause us not to move on or at least continue to compete in the 00 season and the 05 season. 

Oh and thanks for the heartfelt finish to your post. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

In Response to Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy? : Hey, I am willing to admit that the colts may have made a mistake with their team structure, because I've never heard the refrain "offense wins championships", have you?  Brady was simply asked to manage games. 
    Posted by UD6

I'm arguing that Manning was putting up flashier numbers than Brady during the SB years because of his superior offensive personnel.  The most recent example of a real "game manager" to win a SB was Dilfer with the Ravens.  His season stats were 1502 yds 12 tds and 11 picks.  Brady has never performed anywhere close to that level.  I'm not expecting you to say that Brady is better than Peyton since you are a colts fan, but I think Brady deserves a little more respect than title of "game manager" and all of its implications.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

The trials and tribulations of a once great team that is aging and the management of that team, seemingly, refusing to plan for it properly.  Classic example, not having a decent BU to Manning.  Classic example of good planning, the Pats when Brady went down for the entire 2008 season, the team didn't fold like the Colts seemingly are and the Pats still went 11 - 5.
    Posted by agcsbill

AGC - I'll admit it feels like there are big problems at this time both with the FO and the coaching and the personnel.  And it appears that manning may have been the band-aid that hid all the wounds.  At the very least its valid to speculate. 

That said, I really think we had some poor decision making early this season with the Collins pick up.  I've been on here saying I understand the thinking behind the move, and I do.  They obviously didn't have confidence in Painter. 

They obviously were wrong about that, because Painter has been serviceable. 

I guess if you want to give the pats props for guessing right about Cassel, have at it, but as Babe has pointed out, the schedule was easy, and as I have said, the d was still dominant (their last year).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy? : The colts D wasn't as good as the Pats D, but the colts' offensive personnel was way better.  Marvin Harrison is a HoF lock and Wayne/Edge both have cases as well.  Not to mention Manning had one of if not the best pass blocking offensive line when the Pats were winning SB's.  Not trying to take anything away from Peyton whose status in the HoF and as one of the all time greats is cemented, but to imply that Brady having a better defense was the only real difference between their situations is wrong.  
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa

Can you believe that UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggg)", is comparing Brady to Painter?? Talk about being delusional...LOL!!!

This is just another example of why he has zero credibility here...and why no one should take him seriously. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

numbers - I am not trashing brady.  He was the perfect game manager during that run, and I think he broke out in his last SB win.  He's no longer a game manager, like Manning always has, Brady is now expected to win for the team.  We've seen what that has wrought the last 2 years.  one and done. 

I am the first to say teams need more than just a great QB.  Joe Montana is given high praise, but I think he had some pretty great weapons, and if I recall his D was fairly stout. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy? :      Can you believe that UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggg)", is comparing Brady to Painter?? Talk about being delusional...LOL!!!      This is just another example of why he has zero credibility here...and why no one should take him seriously. 
    Posted by TexasPat3

TP's new nickname - scratched LP. 

He's a broken record. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Well gln - the kicker did cause us not to move on or at least continue to compete in the 00 season and the 05 season.  Oh and thanks for the heartfelt finish to your post. 
    Posted by UD6

Ya, blame the kicker.  It had nothing to do with the fact that the General, (The bestest QB eva) couldn't put it in the end zone.

And please don't mention Brady and Vinatari and The Pats wins because, obviously, TB did enough to get the win and Pay a ton didn't.
    Was it the kickers fault in 09 too?  How about last year?  HelL, the one year you did win, he svcked.

Most here will admit it when it's TBs fault.
    Those faults, however, are much less frequent than P's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy? : Ya, blame the kicker.  It had nothing to do with the fact that the General, (The bestest QB eva) couldn't put it in the end zone. And please don't mention Brady and Vinatari and The Pats wins because, obviously, TB did enough to get the win and Pay a ton didn't. Was it the kickers fault in 09 too?  How about last year?  HelL, the one year you did win, he svcked. Most here will admit it when it's TBs fault. Those faults, however, are much less frequent than P's.
    Posted by pezz4pats

pezz...it's a complete waste of time to try to talk sense, with such a senseless individual.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Hey Robbie...tell us all about how Crag Face No Neck managed that Nut-Sack-In-The-Woman's-Face situation!  really a great manager . that guy...oh yeah, he's always been expected to win for the team...great job for Tenn...you are a slimedog. LMAO!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy? : AGC - I'll admit it feels like there are big problems at this time both with the FO and the coaching and the personnel.  And it appears that manning may have been the band-aid that hid all the wounds.  At the very least its valid to speculate.  That said, I really think we had some poor decision making early this season with the Collins pick up.  I've been on here saying I understand the thinking behind the move, and I do.  They obviously didn't have confidence in Painter.  They obviously were wrong about that, because Painter has been serviceable.  I guess if you want to give the pats props for guessing right about Cassel, have at it, but as Babe has pointed out, the schedule was easy, and as I have said, the d was still dominant (their last year).
    Posted by UD6

You with the dominant D kick

Pats total D was 10th in the league in 2008 and 8th in scoring D (Indy was 7th in scoring D that year)

Are you telling me that 10/8 in the league is domination - does that mean that Indy also had a dominant D at that time? If so, dominant D + Gomer, the master of the universe, should have equaled a SB that year?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

numbers - I am not trashing brady.  He was the perfect game manager during that run, and I think he broke out in his last SB win.  He's no longer a game manager, like Manning always has, Brady is now expected to win for the team.  We've seen what that has wrought the last 2 years.  one and done.  I am the first to say teams need more than just a great QB.  Joe Montana is given high praise, but I think he had some pretty great weapons, and if I recall his D was fairly stout. 
    Posted by UD6

Dude - you have some hutzpah to compare Peyton Manning to Joe Montana - indisputably one of the top 3 QB's ever to play - there is no comparison there UD  - I know your adulation of Peyton Manning knows no bounds but let's get real

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy? : Dude - you have some hutzpah to compare Peyton Manning to Joe Montana - indisputably one of the top 3 QB's ever to play - there is no comparison there UD  - I know your adulation of Peyton Manning knows no bounds but let's get real
    Posted by qball369

Yes...Brady is the perfect game manager, and Manning is the Picasso of Choke Artists. I wonder if Peyton's neck injury wasn't due to hits...but to all those playoff gags over the years...LOL!!!  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

In Response to Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy? : TP's new nickname - scratched LP.  He's a broken record. 
    Posted by UD6

YOU calling someone else a "Broken Record" really?  Here we go hypocrite!  Brady "a game manager," my "idiot kicker," and "the Pats had a superior defense."
    Have you ever said anything different?  You only use these 3 excuses why the Pats won more than the Colts.  Have you ever said that a late int from Peyton cost the Colts?  Because we all know that the pick 6 against the Saints in the SB did nothing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

What happened to this thread?  Wasn't it suppose to be about Caldwell?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Posted by garytx

Gary - The thread got off the caldwell topic and on to the GM topic at which time TexasPat made his case for Manning being the greatest QB of all time by pointing out all of the weaknesses of the colts.  He obviously didn't connect the dots because he hates Manning, but the team that he calls awful is the same team that Manning directed to the playoffs and superbowls and double digit wins etc. 

As Bruschi said, "I guess Manning really was the difference". 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy? : YOU calling someone else a "Broken Record" really?  Here we go hypocrite!  Brady "a game manager," my "idiot kicker," and "the Pats had a superior defense." Have you ever said anything different?  You only use these 3 excuses why the Pats won more than the Colts.  Have you ever said that a late int from Peyton cost the Colts?  Because we all know that the pick 6 against the Saints in the SB did nothing.
    Posted by gln826

gln - the truth isn't being a broken record.  The broken record thing from Scratched LP is he uses nearly the same exact comment when he's backed himself in a corner that he can claw his way out of. 

Yes the late int by manning cost the colts.  Although its been speculated that Wayne ran a poor route, its never been confirmed so that pick is on Manning.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Posted by garytx

It was, but much like during a game, he has disappeared.
    Couple that with the fact that UD is still trying to convince the world that the earth is flat.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by garytx

Yes...this is just another example of "The Dog(gggg) misdirecting a conversation. He knows that Caldwell is a Polian puppet...so he wants to get away  from that, and regurgitate the Brady/Manning "debate".

He's still holding on to the illusion of Peyton Manning returning next season, as good as new...LOL!!! 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Posted by garytx

Ultimately, there are only two threads on the board:

Peyton Manning v. Tom Brady, generally brought to you by TexasPat and the inimitable underdogg(gggg)

and . . .

Bill O'Brien is the genesis of all evil, sponsored exclusively by Russ Griswald.

No matter how they start out, most every thread on this board turns into one of these two.

Sections
Shortcuts