Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy?

russ, I'll have to watch the play again.  I think I know the one you are talking about, and after watching, I may agree with you.  where's the clip?

As for the brown play - I have the dvd's of the colts sb run.  Its not an internet video clip. 

As for the hobbs missed called.  We've already established that the pats made up for that play with the gaffney gift TD - and the difference was actual points on the board as opposed to needing to make a play as the colts did.  The pats came out ahead on this. 

Let me say this about the brown play and the pats, and this is not a slight.  I firmly believe that Belichick coaches his players to take calculated risks.  I believe for example in the afccg where the pats mauled the colts receivers Belichick gameplanned that way.  Did pats db's commit PI and def holding all over the field?  yes.  and it was by design.  Make the refs throw the flag.  If they do, then adjust.  If they don't, advantage defense.  By that same mentality, I believe the brown play was schemed that way.  What brown didn't do was sell that he was in a route to get away with the contact. 

Oh and the brown call you bring up - it was in the first half. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Does anyone still think that Jim Caldwell isn't a Polian puppet? This from Phil Wilson of the IndyStar:

"...Nice to hear Colts vice chairman Bill Polian is making the rounds on radio Tuesday and today. Can’t remember the last time we talked to him. But he’s always got time for everybody else. Maybe it’s just the mood today, but we’re retiring Jim Caldwell’s “I’m not certain” because so much of that really isn’t the coach’s fault. Polian is in control. Caldwell can’t tell us anything because his boss won’t let him. And because Polian has given me one one-on-one interview in 11 years of full-time work on the beat (back in 2001!), I’m going to start sticking to the source of this problem. Congrats, Bill. You inherit Caldwell’s “I’m not certain” line for the rest of the season." http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/2011/10/26/good-morning-colts-fans-oct-26-2011/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Surprise, surprise, surprise!!!! Bill Polian defended his puppet, in saying that Jim Caldwell is doing a "terrific job" leading his 0-7, and sinking, Colts: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/27/bill-polian-on-jim-caldwell-i-think-hes-done-a-terrific-job/

Is there any doubt that Polian has lost it? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The many faces of Indy coach, Jim Caldwell: http://thesportsgeeks.com/2010/02/08/the-many-faces-and-emotions-of-jim-caldwell/

LOL!!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Right on Rusty, because Polian doesn't have a track record or anything.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Yeah we wouldn't want to include those 2 superbowl appearances in the last 5 years, right?

Could you be anymore thoughtless?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy?:
    [QUOTE]I'd say his last 5 years, it's been pretty weak. Nice backpedal.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

The Dog(gggg) has been "backpeddling" ever since that dark day, when he started posting here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Caldwell is KAPUT
    Crag Face No Neck is KAPUT
    Polian the Elder and Polian the Lesser are KAPUT
    Indy as a viable NFL franchise for the next 5-7 years is KAPUT, THEREFORE,

UD6 is KAPUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The Colts should go after Rob Ryan or Cowher for the HC job. They need someone one day that has a clue about D. Even Prince Dungee was clueless about D. What would that team be like if their coach actually got up in someones face?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Caldwell Merely a Figurehead in Indy?:
    [QUOTE]The Colts should go after Rob Ryan or Cowher for the HC job. They need someone one day that has a clue about D. Even Prince Dungee was clueless about D. What would that team be like if their coach actually got up in someones face?
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Those guys could never co-exist with Polian. The only way this happens is if Irsay fires him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Bad news for Colts' fans. Indy owner, Jim Irsay, has stated that he is committed to the Polians:

“I’m committed [to the Polians]. In their defense, it’s pretty radical after the successes we’ve had to start even talking about the question, in my opinion. If this is five or six years of losing . . . [but] you’re talking about eight weeks. With Bill [Polian] and Chris, that transition is a strong transition plan. I think it’s really not a fair question to be asked,” Irsay told reporters Thursday via the Indianapolis Star.