Re: Call It!
posted at 8/1/2014 2:47 PM EDT
In response to 347pg's comment:
Training camp is in full swing. Time to make your predictions for the season. That way you can point back here and say "I told ya!" Can be anything from personnel decisions, number of wins, superbowl winners etc. Just don't ridicule anyone's thoughts. Hey, no one has a crystal ball. Side bets allowed! Have fun.
1. White makes the team (I'm a shoo-in with this one!)
2. Pats win 14 and get another superbow ring
3. Gronk makes 14 TDs
4. Brady is MVP
5. Jets win 7 (Hey, I couldn't resist!)
6. Both Amendola and Julian have breakout seasons
I have no on the field prediction but since I only bet sure things I have two off the field ones I know will come to pass:
1. when the Pats lose Rusty/Queenie will blame it on a plot by Roger Goodell to sabotage the Pats and Bill Bellichick, refs who purposely call the game against the Pats (any call against the Pats will be a "phantom"; any call for the other team will be pre-ordained) and/or are on the take, the anti-Bellichick media who are biased against the Pats and root for them to lose, and last but not least Tom Brady who has become a stat-conscious, henpecked big game choker in recent years-even if the Pats score 50 and Brady throws for 5 TD's and 400 yds...oh and the other team got "lucky" and the Pats "beat themselves" - they are NEVER beaten by a better team
2. when the Pats win Rusty/Queenie will give credit for everything including the smallest most insignificant play to Bill Bellichick the "greatest" coach/gm/waterboy/human being who ever lived, the Pats as a whole for overcoming the plot to stop them at all costs by Goodell, the refs and the media, and Bill "The Genius" Bellichick's defense, even if the Pats give up 49 pts and allow 1000+ yards of total offense
These I know are money in the bank