Call It!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Call It!

Training camp is in full swing. Time to make your predictions for the season. That way you can point back here and say "I told ya!" Can be anything from personnel decisions, number of wins, superbowl winners etc. Just don't ridicule anyone's thoughts. Hey, no one has a crystal ball. Side bets allowed!  Have fun.

1. White makes the team (I'm a shoo-in with this one!)
    2. Pats win 14 and get another superbow ring
    3. Gronk makes 14 TDs
    4. Brady is MVP
    5. Jets win 7 (Hey, I couldn't resist!)
    6. Both Amendola and Julian have breakout seasons

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Re: Call It!

revis gets hurt ealry
    gronk 19 tds injury free season
    julian most catches any wr in nfl
    pats vs seahawks superbowl.  pats win by 2 in a low scoring game
    Hightower will get benched for collins.  I know BB is hard on hightower but we havn't seen why yet.  That'll change.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Heads I win.

Tails you lose.

I couldn't resist.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheKruger. Show TheKruger's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

Edelman has a break out season? Didn't that happen last year?  What more do you want? 140 receptions and 12 TDs from mainly a slot guy?  Jesus.

Anyway, I am sure I'll take heat for this, but I don't care and I really don't even want it to happen: I think this team can go undefeated.  I really do.  Barring any Goodell funny business, they will sweep the division with ease and from there, @ GB will be tough as will @ SD andd @ KC but very winnable, and they draw Denver at home again.

I just think it's a very favorable schedule with the Bye week in the middle again and how well built this team is, the odds of being healthier than last year and how talented this team is, it's to the point it's become an embarrassment of riches.

Even Bustchise is seeing it as he squirms, signing in and out trying like hell to make it seem like this isn't happening. LOL

Every single discussion is prefaced by saying "if healthy", which is actually a very good sign. No one, not even our disgusting and entitled pink hats, are trying to claim this team lacks talent.   They know they can't get away with that anymore because it's so disingenuous at this point. It was disingenuous last year before all the injuries.

Anyway, it probably will not happen for obvious reasons but it seriously would not shock me.

So, that is my prediction. No worse than 14-2, maybe 15-1 or 16-0.  

And when this doesn't happen, will you deny it flat out? Or use injuries as an excuse for the patsies?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to 347pg's comment:

Training camp is in full swing. Time to make your predictions for the season. That way you can point back here and say "I told ya!" Can be anything from personnel decisions, number of wins, superbowl winners etc. Just don't ridicule anyone's thoughts. Hey, no one has a crystal ball. Side bets allowed!  Have fun.

3. Gronk makes 14 TDs
    4. Brady is MVP

Hey, it was worth a try and it lasted three posts!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

Edelman has a break out season? Didn't that happen last year?  What more do you want? 140 receptions and 12 TDs from mainly a slot guy?  Jesus.

Anyway, I am sure I'll take heat for this, but I don't care and I really don't even want it to happen: I think this team can go undefeated.  I really do.  Barring any Goodell funny business, they will sweep the division with ease and from there, @ GB will be tough as will @ SD andd @ KC but very winnable, and they draw Denver at home again.

I just think it's a very favorable schedule with the Bye week in the middle again and how well built this team is, the odds of being healthier than last year and how talented this team is, it's to the point it's become an embarrassment of riches.

Even Bustchise is seeing it as he squirms, signing in and out trying like hell to make it seem like this isn't happening. LOL

Every single discussion is prefaced by saying "if healthy", which is actually a very good sign. No one, not even our disgusting and entitled pink hats, are trying to claim this team lacks talent.   They know they can't get away with that anymore because it's so disingenuous at this point. It was disingenuous last year before all the injuries.

Anyway, it probably will not happen for obvious reasons but it seriously would not shock me.

So, that is my prediction. No worse than 14-2, maybe 15-1 or 16-0.  

You're an idiot.  The entire BB offense is the dink and dunk to the "slot receiver" that you seem to belittle so often. That and the rest of the WR corp has blow since Moss.  Oh wait, didn't you claim that Ocho was great and that BB's trade and re-signing of Ocho was vintage BB?  Bwahahahahahahahaha! loser!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think the Revis and Browner combination will be able to mask some things on defense, like the fact that most of our defensive line is coming off major injury (and that we may be thin there again at times this season). What Jaime Collins may turn into this season also should elevate any weakness we have as well. So on defense - with a little luck - this should be one of the best we've had in a long time around here. Add the fact that we have the best coach in the NFL into that equation and there should be some really good things going on with that side of the ball.

On offense I have some concerns - the tight end position being one - and the receivers being another. If Gronk goes down again, this offense will struggle to score, he just adds that dimension that you need in the redzone...we have all seen what happens when it's missing. I just think this offense will once again need to spend some time creating itself and after they do, gronk needs to be standing in one piece come January for any chance to win it all.

Here's my wild predictions...

12-4

Lafell will catch 60 balls

White will have 1200 yards of offense (running and receiving)

Chandler Jones will have 12 sacks

Easley will have 6 sacks

Jaime Collins will make the pro bowl

Edelman will have 80 catches - Amendola will have 56

Gronk will have 66 catches and be healthy at the end of the season

We will win our 4th Super Bowl, 23-17 over the Seahawks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

1.  Brady gets hurt in the first quarter of the Super Bowl.  Mallett leads the team to victory with 4 TD passes.

2.  Tavon Wilson eats a tainted lobster roll and pukes on a Monday Night Football camera man. Setting a new Twitter record.

3.  Patrick Chung suffers a season ending injury in the locker room before the first exhibition game.

4.  The Red Sox trade another pitcher to the Patriots.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

1.  Brady gets hurt in the first quarter of the Super Bowl.  Mallett leads the team to victory with 4 TD passes.

2.  Tavon Wilson eats a tainted lobster roll and pukes on a Monday Night Football camera man. Setting a new Twitter record.

3.  Patrick Chung suffers a season ending injury in the locker room before the first exhibition game.

4.  The Red Sox trade another pitcher to the Patriots.  

lol!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

1. A fourth Lombardi

2. KT catches 10 TD passes - 6 from outside the red zone.

3. White has over 1000 all purpose yards

4. Belichick cuts the pitcher

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Brady throws 35+ TD's and 4500 yards and in the running for MVP when the Pats go 14-2

Revis has 6+ INT, career high is 6 for a season

Easley stays healthy collects 5+ sack and everyone loves him

Both Dobson and KT make that sophomore jump and become legitimate weapons for Brady

Gronk is healthy come SB time, this is all I really want to come true!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Lombardi #4.   That's all that matters.   Done.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from laynard. Show laynard's posts

1. Easley goes on PUP, when he does play he gets hurt again, red-shirt year. 

2. KT shows promise again for first 3-4 games, then disappears or gets hurt (prob both).

3. Revis wins DPOY.

4. Gronk misses 6 games and still has 12 TD's.

5. James White takes Ridley's job by mid-season, or sooner.

6. Pats get to SB, come up just short against Seahawks, who repeat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

1.  Ridley has 5 100+ yd games with a season total of no more than 2 fumbles

2.  By end of reg season starting O-line is Solder, Mankins, Stork, Cannon, Vollmer

3.  Pats lead league in total pts scored in reg season

4.  Pats beat SF 49ers in SB for 4th Lombardi

5.  All posters on this board confine their comments to football and once and for all discard the adolescent pi$$ing contests.  (Yeah, right, ATJ, like that's going to happen.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

1. Gronk stays healthy all year.

2. O is number 1 in points, D is in top 5 in points against.

3. 14-2, losses are @GB, @KC. 1st seed in AFC.

4. Lombardi #4. Win against Philly.

Supra societatem nemo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

1. Easley dominates and wreaks havoc on offensive lines this year, will take valuable snaps subbing for Wilfork and Kelly.

2. Ridley runs for 1200 and 12 TDs, White is the change of pace and Vereen is the 3rd down back.

3. Pats D is top 5, maybe even top 3.

4. Most important of all, title #4. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

11 wins

the rookie OL struggle early, esp Halapio

Cannon is a starting OL

the running game struggles

Easley does not see the field for very many snaps until the 10th or 11th game

Buchanon surprises

Anderson is does not make the team

Jimmy Grap does not play 1 snap during the reg season

Allen makes the pro bowl

Harmon loses snaps as the season progresses

division title

AFC Title

SB victory

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Brady throws for 37 TD passes and 4400 yards with 12 INTs.

Wilfork, Mayo, and Gronk all stay healthy and dominate.

The defense finishes ranked third overall and DOES get off the field on third downs consistently.

James White has a terrific rookie year and creates matchup problems in a two back set with Vereen on some plays.

Brandon LaFell does better than I think he will.

Pats beat Broncos in AFC title game.

Pats beat 49ers in Super Bowl XLIX 27-23 with a TD pass in the final minute Brady to Gronk.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

3. Gronk makes 14 TDs
    4. Brady is MVP

I have no on the field prediction but since I only bet sure things I have two off the field ones I know will come to pass:

1. when the Pats lose Rusty/Queenie will blame it on a plot by Roger Goodell to sabotage the Pats and Bill Bellichick, refs who purposely call the game against the Pats (any call against the Pats will be a "phantom"; any call for the other team will be pre-ordained) and/or are on the take, the anti-Bellichick media who are biased against the Pats and root for them to lose, and last but not least Tom Brady who has become a stat-conscious, henpecked big game choker in recent years-even if the Pats score 50 and Brady throws for 5 TD's and 400 yds...oh and the other team got "lucky" and the Pats "beat themselves" - they are NEVER beaten by a better team

2. when the Pats win Rusty/Queenie will give credit for everything including the smallest most insignificant play to Bill Bellichick the "greatest" coach/gm/waterboy/human being who ever lived, the Pats as a whole for overcoming the plot to stop them at all costs by Goodell, the refs and the media, and Bill "The Genius" Bellichick's defense, even if the Pats give up 49 pts and allow 1000+ yards of total offense

These I know are money in the bank

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

3. Gronk makes 14 TDs
    4. Brady is MVP

I have no on the field prediction but since I only bet sure things I have two off the field ones I know will come to pass:

1. when the Pats lose Rusty/Queenie will blame it on a plot by Roger Goodell to sabotage the Pats and Bill Bellichick, refs who purposely call the game against the Pats (any call against the Pats will be a "phantom"; any call for the other team will be pre-ordained) and/or are on the take, the anti-Bellichick media who are biased against the Pats and root for them to lose, and last but not least Tom Brady who has become a stat-conscious, henpecked big game choker in recent years-even if the Pats score 50 and Brady throws for 5 TD's and 400 yds...oh and the other team got "lucky" and the Pats "beat themselves" - they are NEVER beaten by a better team

2. when the Pats win Rusty/Queenie will give credit for everything including the smallest most insignificant play to Bill Bellichick the "greatest" coach/gm/waterboy/human being who ever lived, the Pats as a whole for overcoming the plot to stop them at all costs by Goodell, the refs and the media, and Bill "The Genius" Bellichick's defense, even if the Pats give up 49 pts and allow 1000+ yards of total offense

How's Eli going to do in the new offense?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I think White Ends up leading the team in RB touches and yards.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

3. Gronk makes 14 TDs
    4. Brady is MVP

How's Eli going to do in the new offense?

hard to say - completely new system with 3 step drops and quick hits...Wilson injury hurts and need TE to step up...new O line blocking scheme and terminology tho they say its actually streamlined and straight ahead...gonna be growing pains early I am sure

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

...gronk 19 tds injury free season

julian most catches any wr in nfl...

I like this!  If they stay healthy, who knows.......

Sections
Shortcuts