Calling all Maroney backers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Calling all Maroney backers

Yeah,the 3 of you that are left.Specifically Olsonic.What is your excuse going to be this week after Larry once again proved my point that at best he is Faulk's future replacement.Green-Ellis is twice the back he is and even Stevie Wonder can see that.Thank God BB brought in both Taylor's to keep this future bust nailed to the bench once the real games begin.Unless Larry grows a pair real quick,he'll go the way of Blair Thomas faster than you can say Mosi Tatupu!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

Re: Calling all Maroney backers

I agree man .....Green-Ellis has it going on!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

The law firm looks good. BJGE esq , has looked better than anyother back so far. fumble in game 2 not withstanding.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Calling all Maroney backers:
    [QUOTE]Yeah,the 3 of you that are left.Specifically Olsonic.What is your excuse going to be this week after Larry once again proved my point that at best he is Faulk's future replacement.Green-Ellis is twice the back he is and even Stevie Wonder can see that.Thank God BB brought in both Taylor's to keep this future bust nailed to the bench once the real games begin.Unless Larry grows a pair real quick,he'll go the way of Blair Thomas faster than you can say Mosi Tatupu!
    Posted by mojobag101[/QUOTE]

Maroney stinks. I was fired up when we drafted him over D'Angelo Williams, and he is worse than I could have imagined. Blair Thomas, Jr. Looks like a year in which we throw 70%+ of the time, which is fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Maroney looks OK when he's catching the ball out of the backfield (a la Faulk). He did seem to drop the ball too much last night, though. But as for being a RB, he still looks like he's auditioning for "Dancing with the Stars"! I can understand why they picked up Taylor. He will at least stick his helmet in there and get the tough yards. Maroney looks too tenatious, and it causes negative plays. Unless he does a complete 180 you have to wonder if this guy will be on the roster next season. BJGE looks pretty good, too. I hope they can keep him on the roster, as I fear someone else will claim him if he's cut.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah,the 3 of you that are left.Specifically Olsonic.What is your excuse going to be this week after Larry once again proved my point that at best he is Faulk's future replacement.Green-Ellis is twice the back he is and even Stevie Wonder can see that.Thank God BB brought in both Taylor's to keep this future bust nailed to the bench once the real games begin.Unless Larry grows a pair real quick,he'll go the way of Blair Thomas faster than you can say Mosi Tatupu!
    green ellis is such a stud against back-ups,and third stringers.to really get a good look at him he needs to play against the starters.maroney didnt do bad last night compared to others.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

" BJGE looks pretty good, too. I hope they can keep him on the roster, as I fear someone else will claim him if he's cut. "

No way he gets cut. He has been the most consistent of all the backs, thus far in preseason. He is very decisive and quick to the hole. He's also also only 24, so he has the youth thing going for him as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

maroney is still on his rookie deal so he is cheap.... he makes very little money

he is talented and they dont NEED him to win a championship.... so he will stay and get one more look... he is the only big play threat out of the backfield and he still has talent.... lawfirm is solid, faulk third downs, morris and taylor between the tackle work... maroney can break one big on occassion.... every needs to settle down... maroney doesnt hurt this team financially or on the field

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Maroney looked better last night against the Skins then he has for the past two years. I noticed a few real hards runs he grinded out to get the yards necessary. There was only once where he kind of stutter stepped behind the line and was taken down for a loss. He looked good catching the ball out of the backfield and looks really good in space. He will be on the team because his contract is cap friendly. I don't really know if I am for him or against him. I want him on the team but right now if it comes down to dropping two of the 6 RB's (Chris Taylor being one of them of course) I would like to see BJGE on the team over Maroney, even though I think Sammy Morris would be the odd man out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I think Maroney has a lot of unfulfilled potential. I am hoping for a great year. When he is in the open field he can really turn it on. I like using him as a receiver.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

LOL....even stevie wonder can see that....very funny

Still just pre-season.  I prefer Law Firm over Maroney. You'd think that even after Laura was talkin' up his game - that he'd back it up in pre-season - so, he didn't help his cause. Laura really needs to hike up his skirt and replace the dance shoes w/ cleats....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Idiots!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

We don't have any other young explosive backs (BJGE ain't explosive), and he is cap friendly, so they will keep him.  But I think in spite of all his great plays they should cut him because of all those plays he continues to take off with his "stutter step."  You can't have a player on your team who is going to choose not to play 30-40% of the time, even if he is terrific 60-70% of the time.  It is bad for moral, it says that the team cares more about talent than heart and grit.  Whenever you hand the ball of to him, you don't know which Maroney you're going to get.  I'd rather have a bad RB who would run full force into the line every play than an elite back who is going to cower back there on every third run.  We won our super bowls because our teams had heart.  This guy doesn't. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Calling all Maroney backers:
    [QUOTE]maroney is still on his rookie deal so he is cheap.... he makes very little money he is talented and they dont NEED him to win a championship.... so he will stay and get one more look... he is the only big play threat out of the backfield and he still has talent.... lawfirm is solid, faulk third downs, morris and taylor between the tackle work... maroney can break one big on occassion.... every needs to settle down... maroney doesnt hurt this team financially or on the field
    Posted by rebels1520[/QUOTE]
    Sounds like a good plan to me. Clearly, Maroney's best use is out of the backfield. RB by committee seems like the best strategy given our inventory of journeymen backs and our lack or a true feature back (where we've been since corey dillon left).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

I would like to see BJGE get a chance to start.  I don't know what BB is afraid of. 

It's kinda like us having to endure 4 years of E. Hobbs sucking before BB finally threw out the trash.

I think were stuck with another year of LM sucking when not missing games due to injury.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

[QUOTE]Idiots!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

The fool with the one word  response and no opinion to back it up has the nerve to call us idiots. Classic. I love when people project their opinions of themselves unto others.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

[QUOTE]The law firm looks good. BJGE esq , has looked better than anyother back so far. fumble in game 2 not withstanding.
    Posted by Parish-sez[/QUOTE]

I agree the LAW FIRM looks good.  I would, however, like to see his production playing with and against the 1st teamers.  Keep in mind, Brady's backs needs to also excell in the pass protection game!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

[QUOTE]Maroney looked better last night against the Skins then he has for the past two years. I noticed a few real hards runs he grinded out to get the yards necessary. There was only once where he kind of stutter stepped behind the line and was taken down for a loss. He looked good catching the ball out of the backfield and looks really good in space. He will be on the team because his contract is cap friendly. I don't really know if I am for him or against him. I want him on the team but right now if it comes down to dropping two of the 6 RB's (Chris Taylor being one of them of course) I would like to see BJGE on the team over Maroney, even though I think Sammy Morris would be the odd man out.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan[/QUOTE]
    That one time he did stutter step, he had no where that he could have gone the Skins did a good job clogging the lanes, true he probably should have just dove in but, it wouldnt have been a gain and then people would be ripping him for that too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Maroney backers : Sounds like a good plan to me. Clearly, Maroney's best use is out of the backfield. RB by committee seems like the best strategy given our inventory of journeymen backs and our lack or a true feature back (where we've been since corey dillon left).
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Agree, Maroney is most effective in space.  Not much production pounding it through.  If Maroney has a future with the PATS, it will be a Kevin Faulk 3rd down type of receiving back.  He has one more year to prove himself....hopefully Taylor can teach him one cut and GO instead of dance, dance dance......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blomie. Show Blomie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Calling all Maroney backers : green ellis is such a stud against back-ups,and third stringers.to really get a good look at him he needs to play against the starters.maroney didnt do bad last night compared to others.
    Posted by Vladtheimpaler1[/QUOTE]
    He came in played in several games in the regular season last year and I thought he was pretty good then.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from noncallcity. Show noncallcity's posts

All backs stutter step if there's no hole...they usually can't just make one themselves. Maroney had a great cut in a tiny crease last night and you could see the other backs dancing too. Taylor has breakout ability. Morris got cracked up "sticking his head in there." How about some fault going to the offensive line? 

Not directly related, but our CB's are getting beat up trying to make tackles the big guys should be making. The front 7 have been getting killed. 

I'm no pro coach, but the match-ups have to be there as the plays are usually planned, like RB vs. chasing LB or downfield CB. If we can't block, we can't run.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

that was just good defense by the Redskins, you can't really do much with Haynesworth in the middle. The most he would have got in some of those plays was 1 yard if he didn't dance around in the backfield. Great run defense on the Redskins part.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jshinny. Show jshinny's posts

Is Fred Taylor a lock to make this roster?  I'm not so sure.  Morris and BJGE are the best between the tackles RBs we have and Faulk makes this offense work every year.  Fred Taylor looks awfully slow (and thus far clueless) and eLMo looks, well, he looks like he has since we drafted him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Calling all Maroney backers : green ellis is such a stud against back-ups,and third stringers.to really get a good look at him he needs to play against the starters.maroney didnt do bad last night compared to others.
    Posted by Vladtheimpaler1[/QUOTE] I agree he raised his average yards per rush from 1.33 to 2.28 almost 1 yard per rush, of course Fred taylor really impressed us with another outstanding effort of 2.85 per carry. Now what was that about BJGE runs good aganist back-ups and third strangers? Who was blocking for GJGE where they 1st stringers or back-ups and third stringers? 
    If Maroney starts the third game that would indicate to me that he's on the bubble, if's it BJGE then it's he. Personally I think BB carries 5 RB's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Maroney backers : I agree he raised his average yards per rush from 1.33 to 2.28 almost 1 yard per rush, of course Fred taylor really impressed us with another outstanding effort of 2.85 per carry. Now what was that about BJGE runs good aganist back-ups and third strangers? Who was blocking for GJGE where they 1st stringers or back-ups and third stringers?  If Maroney starts the third game that would indicate to me that he's on the bubble, if's it BJGE then it's he. Personally I think BB carries 5 RB's.
    Posted by sonieboy[/QUOTE]

Sonie, that was the third game. I believe Taylor started.

Sections
Shortcuts