Calling out the Boston Media

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Re: Calling out the Boston Media

I agree, the globe is a bunch of gutless rats. Look like the rats are fleeing mannings ship

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

As many have pointed out, the Globe is owned by NY Times.

The tabloid Boston Herald is owned by moguls in IL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1193371. Show user_1193371's posts

I now retired and live in Orlando, FL.  However, I read Boston Globe on their site and cheer for the Boston Sports team Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, and Bruins.  For the last five years, I have Direct TV for these Boston sports teams.  I got to say that Boston Media particularly, Globe writers are idiots; there I said it (after Dan Shaughnessy article on Brady).  Mr. Shaughnessy must be fired by Boston Globe if not I will not read his idiotic articles.  He must know that all Boston sports teams depending on penalty calls.  The classic examples of the fact are yesterday’s game between Celtics and the Magic.  It is impossible for Magic to go without penalty for 30 to 11 run.  What about an article about it?  I worry now for my beloved Red Sox.  Without the fans behind the teams, the teams will get bad calls.  They will apologies for the bad calls but how about the bad calls in the first place (Celtics and Bruins were provided apologies for the bad calls by the league).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollslayer. Show trollslayer's posts

One of the biggest DB's Shaughnassy had written the article the other day how manning surpassed Brady....what an idiot

Manning can have all the personal records, brady can have the superbowls!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I can tell everyone that I am smarter than most of the so called football experts that were picking the Colts.....idiots.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

It does feel good to sound off on these clowns after weeks of not being able to go near the sport section without wanting to vomit.  

To bad nobody will hear it.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

The great thing about being in the print media is that you can say anything. If you are correct you bring it up for the rest of your life to remind people and if you are wrong you just conveniently forget about it and it goes away. Peyton was the greatest to them before he laid an egg last night. 2 years ago it was Brady. Brady misses a year with an injury and gets beat up this year so they throw him under the bus. My prediction for the 2010 season is that the media will now anoint Drew Brees as the greatest of all time. Just think Brett Farve was only one win away from being the best of all time this year.The m,edia was already building the pedestal for him before he threw that INT that cost them the game 2 weeks ago. I chose the wrong profession.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

It was sickening to read the Shaugnessey and Massaroti articles, I agree.  They have to write something, it's Superbowl week, I get it.  But it's amazing how these guys fawned and made googley eyes at Manning all week and used a down year from Tom Brady as an excuse to elevate Manning to sainthood while dismissing Brady like he's a has been. 

As I said elsewhere, the whole media was trying to make Manning the king of quarterbacks before the game even started.  He had a good game, but as he's proven in the past, he can lose composure on the big stage.  His numbers may be the best ever and he may break all of the records, but there are a few quarterbacks ahead of him in the category of "big moment performances".       

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Manning had maybe one of his best years this year ever.  It just felt like it was taken to far, for one year that was not even finished.  And your right, they sit there throwing Brady under the bus to elevate Manning..  

I don't care so much as to who is better.  I would rather have Brady personally. They will both play until they are 40+. They both love the game.  Whatever

But then

I remember a headline, something like "Manning is better than Brady, there I said it"...

I threw up in my mouth seeing that..  especially on Boston.com..  

Sections
Shortcuts