Calling Rusty and his Minions.....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Calling Rusty and his Minions.....

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

I go by points. It's WORSE that the Panthers had less possessions than the Giants and NE's D in SB 38 allowed 29 points and MANY big plays in the second half to lose control of the game.

They didn't have less.  They had more.  They had as many possessions in the first half as the Giants did the entire game.

[QUOTE]

That didn't happen in SB 46.  NE's D held the Giants offense to SIX POINTS in one half, the second half, WITH A LEAD at 10-9 at halftime.  Case pretty much closes right there. This means our offense sucked. The D didn't suck. They couldn't bail out our crappy offense, yes.

[/QUOTE]

The Giants scored 21 points.  They had 9 at the end of the first half.  Your math doesn't add up.  In addition the Giants made a concerted effort to slow the game down and limit possessions.  The D's inability to get off the field or force a turnover was just as detrimental as the O's inability to score on their limited chances.

[QUOTE]

You do realize that our current offense turns it over more and goes 3 and out more, and actually scores FASTER than our Weis era O, which is a detriment to our own D, right?

[/QUOTE]

This certainly is not true during the regular season.  If you are comparing the two SBs the 2003 SB featured numerous 3 and outs from the Pats O and Brady threw an INT in the endzone.  I mean come on.  After the 2011 season BB spent the entire draft on defense.  This year he traded for a bad boy CB midseason and signed a bunch of CFL guys on D.  He could go D heavy in this year's draft as well.  Somehow I don't think he does this if the 2003 D is still around.  I think there is plenty of blame to go around for the past 2 postseasons, but you go too far when you say silly things like the 2011 defense played better than the 2003 unit in the SB.  I guarantee you no NFL executive, coach, GM, scout or film analyst will agree with you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Smart teams win games. And the Patriots are consistently a smart team. But smart teams with good quarterbacks and lights-out pass defenses win Super Bowls. The Patriots were just 2 of 3 in that equation last year.

If the Patriots can only amp up pressure on quarterbacks this year and improve the defense – and the pass defense specifically – a fourth Lombardi Trophy is well within reach.

^^^This just about sums it up - Brady has been there - the offense has been there, the defense can't get it done. Sad but true. Been that way for a long time now...time to change that...I think we will.

The funny part is rusty will bash this writer and this website, when he was the guy that praised them when they said Merriweather was the third best safety in the AFC. LOL!

Yeah the offense was so good and smart they put up a whopping 3 points in 3 quarters against the Ravens

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Football is a game of a deception. Which makes Offenses Unpredictable.
    Play-Action is probably the #1 deceptive play in Football. Has been for years, human nature to take a step forward or freeze, when it is performed perfectly.You need a Runningback for this play to succeed.
    This one play helps both the Running game, and Passing game. The best Play-action is performed when QB's are under Center. Brady at one time was the best at this. The Shotgun has diminished what has made him great. Too easy to predict, especially with the type of recievers we have.
    The beauty of Play-action is you dont need a Great running game, you just need a Runningback.

I harped on that for a few seasons when I dared to say we need a running game to enable the play action game. We won rings with the play action. I won't name them but I was accused of being a Brady hating rusty because of it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Pats D in SB 46>Pats D in SB 38

You realize of course that the Panthers had as many possessions in the first half as the Giants had in the entire game right?  The Patriots defense dominated that game until it turned into a shootout at the end which tends to happen when teams have more and more chances to score.

I go by points. It's WORSE that the Panthers had less possessions than the Giants and NE's D in SB 38 allowed 29 points and MANY big plays in the second half to lose control of the game.

That didn't happen in SB 46.  NE's D held the Giants offense to SIX POINTS in one half, the second half, WITH A LEAD at 10-9 at halftime.  Case pretty much closes right there. This means our offense sucked. The D didn't suck. They couldn't bail out our crappy offense, yes.

You do realize that our current offense turns it over more and goes 3 and out more, and actually scores FASTER than our Weis era O, which is a detriment to our own D, right?

The irony is, the 2003 D led the NFL in turnovers created, which is very similar to what our D's do now. The main difference within that? Tom Brady's performances and how our offense is run.    Cannot be denied. Throw in the fact that it's actually more difficult to play D today vs 2003 and it makes these realities worse for the Shizzly argument.

Do you really think the 80s Chargers or Dolphins or the '90s Bills or '00s Colts had trouble in the playoffs or SB by accident?

I don't. Those are imbalanced teams that weren't built well enough, where the offenses that were run were led by QBs who could be exposed. 

I'll stop there before it goes off into another Brady based thread, but this is all about excusing him and placing the blame on the D because they don't own SB rings. 

When you keep hearing rumblings about Welker's concerns for his future use here, maybe a major shake up in the works for our OFFENSE, those rumors stem from some kind of truth. There is no way BB is happy with this QB of late in these postseasons.  

OMG. You are looney.

He said the giants had as many possessions in the whole game as the Panthers had in the half.

Again a 13 possession game and 29 points is BETTER DEFENSIVELY than 19 points in a 8 possession game.

You are a loon if you think the 2011 D was better.  A loon!

They gave up a total of 4, 3rd downs and 17, 1st downs in 13 possessions.

The Pats 2011 D gave up more 3rd downs in 2 possessions and a whopping 26, 1st downs in 8.

Pats D was on the field for < than 22 minutes in 2003 and the polar opposite of 38 minutes in SB 46,

You can't compare points in a 13 possession and 8 possession game. Apples to oranges!

Teams don't score 31 points in 8 possessions.  That's 4 points a possession!!!!!!!!!

You are doing good to score 2.4 ppp. VERY GOOD!  The average for a NFL team is <2.

22 points divided by 12 possessions.  D giving up 2.2ppp in 03 is better than 2.4 in 11.

The average team scored 21 ppg in 2003.  That's no major difference between now and then.  It may be easier to get yards now but the points per game have NOT increased enough for it to matter.  So stop with the "it's easier to score points now".  It's not!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

They didn't have less.  They had more.  They had as many possessions in the first half as the Giants did the entire game.

The Giants scored 21 points.  They had 9 at the end of the first half.  Your math doesn't add up.  In addition the Giants made a concerted effort to slow the game down and limit possessions.  The D's inability to get off the field or force a turnover was just as detrimental as the O's inability to score on their limited chances.

This certainly is not true during the regular season.  If you are comparing the two SBs the 2003 SB featured numerous 3 and outs from the Pats O and Brady threw an INT in the endzone.  I mean come on.  After the 2011 season BB spent the entire draft on defense.  This year he traded for a bad boy CB midseason and signed a bunch of CFL guys on D.  He could go D heavy in this year's draft as well.  Somehow I don't think he does this if the 2003 D is still around.  I think there is plenty of blame to go around for the past 2 postseasons, but you go too far when you say silly things like the 2011 defense played better than the 2003 unit in the SB.  I guarantee you no NFL executive, coach, GM, scout or film analyst will agree with you.

thank you pc for understanding the point I was trying to make. The run game is also a nice thing to have but our lack of run game hasnt hurt as much our defense not getting off the field. How many games did the defense win in 03' ?? Plenty. I recall the giants game, the cleveland game where TY made the pic to end it. the Indy game, goal line stance. Ty Poole picking off a deep pass for A.Johnson.  I could go on and on and now name the games the D won in 11 while making an end game stop

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

You realize of course that the Panthers had as many possessions in the first half as the Giants had in the entire game right?  The Patriots defense dominated that game until it turned into a shootout at the end which tends to happen when teams have more and more chances to score.

The irony is, the 2003 D led the NFL in turnovers created, which is very similar to what our D's do now. The main difference within that? Tom Brady's performances and how our offense is run.    Cannot be denied. Throw in the fact that it's actually more difficult to play D today vs 2003 and it makes these realities worse for the Shizzly argument.

Do you really think the 80s Chargers or Dolphins or the '90s Bills or '00s Colts had trouble in the playoffs or SB by accident?

I don't. Those are imbalanced teams that weren't built well enough, where the offenses that were run were led by QBs who could be exposed. 

I'll stop there before it goes off into another Brady based thread, but this is all about excusing him and placing the blame on the D because they don't own SB rings. 

When you keep hearing rumblings about Welker's concerns for his future use here, maybe a major shake up in the works for our OFFENSE, those rumors stem from some kind of truth. There is no way BB is happy with this QB of late in these postseasons.  

OMG. You are looney.

He said the giants had as many possessions in the whole game as the Panthers had in the half.

Again a 13 possession game and 29 points is BETTER DEFENSIVELY than 19 points in a 8 possession game.

The Pats 2011 D gave up more 3rd downs in 2 possessions and a whopping 26, 1st downs in 8.

Pats D was on the field for < than 22 minutes in 2003 and the polar opposite of 38 minutes in SB 46,

You can't compare points in a 13 possession and 8 possession game. Apples to oranges!

Teams don't score 31 points in 8 possessions.  That's 4 points a possession!!!!!!!!!

You are doing good to score 2.4 ppp. VERY GOOD!  The average for a NFL team is <2.

22 points divided by 12 possessions.  D giving up 2.2ppp in 03 is better than 2.4 in 11.

The average team scored 21 ppg in 2003.  That's no major difference between now and then.  It may be easier to get yards now but the points per game have NOT increased enough for it to matter.  So stop with the "it's easier to score points now".  It's not!

Umm, no it's not.  Our offense answered the bell after our D choked up leads vs the Panthers in SB 38. That's the difference.  In SB 46, Brady spend time making bad decisions and throws on like 5 straight drives. for ZERO POINTS. The game is about the scoreboard not a box score with how many chances a team has to have.

We feature the best offense in the NFL and now Brady HAS TO HAVE extra possessions to not screw up? Do you realize how arrogant you sound pouting and demaning he didn't get enough? Take your tongue away from his sack, Pezzy.

Stay out of this thread, Pezzy.  You're an absolute psyhopath incapabable of comprehending how putrid our finesse offense has been in an offensive based era.

No one likes you.  You're too far gone in Babe Land, pink, autographed Brady panties firmly on head.

Not saying Tb has to have extra possesions, just enough.  8 is never enough.

The fact that you don't understand a team needs possessions to scores confirms you're a loon with an agenda. 

Brady had those 12+ possessions in the RS, loon!  When he doesn't have them, they score less.  When he has them they score more.  Simple!  This doesn't just apply to TB, it applies to any team.  Less possessions=less scoring opportunity.  More possessions=D has to make more stops to prevent high score.  It's common sense and something you are obviously lacking.

You take them away, you take away scoring oportunities, loon!

You really need to learn the game, learn simple math and keep your biased, looney evaluation out of it.

The D has been putrid for years and in return has hindered the O.

Live with it, it's a fact.  No team wins the big one with a D that hinders the O.

Never has and never will.

Fact!

Look around crusty, the only person who agrees that the 2011 D was better is either you or in love with you.  Neither can be taken seriously.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

OMG. You are looney.

Umm, no it's not.  Our offense answered the bell after our D choked up leads vs the Panthers in SB 38. That's the difference.  In SB 46, Brady spend time making bad decisions and throws on like 5 straight drives. for ZERO POINTS. The game is about the scoreboard not a box score with how many chances a team has to have.

We feature the best offense in the NFL and now Brady HAS TO HAVE extra possessions to not screw up? Do you realize how arrogant you sound pouting and demaning he didn't get enough? Take your tongue away from his sack, Pezzy.

Stay out of this thread, Pezzy.  You're an absolute psyhopath incapabable of comprehending how putrid our finesse offense has been in an offensive based era.

No one likes you.  You're too far gone in Babe Land, pink, autographed Brady panties firmly on head.

The fact that you don't understand a team needs possessions to scores confirms you're a loon with an agenda. 

Brady had those 12+ possessions in the RS, loon!  When he doesn't have them, they score less.  When he has them they score more.  Simple!  This doesn't just apply to TB, it applies to any team.  Less possessions=less scoring opportunity.  More possessions=D has to make more stops to prevent high score.  It's common sense and something you are obviously lacking.

You really need to learn the game, learn simple math and keep your biased, looney evaluation out of it.

Live with it, it's a fact.  No team wins the big one with a D that hinders the O.

Fact!

Look around crusty, the only person who agrees that the 2011 D was better is either you or in love with you.  Neither can be taken seriously.

Our offense went 1/6 in the red zone in Seattle this year.  Case closed.

These debates are WELL over your heard. Well over.

You, TripleOg, Babe, Mt Hurl, RKarp, etc are the main 5 who continue to try to ruin this board. Get over it.  Brady and the offense MUST BE BETTER.  The D too, but MOSTLY the offense.

That kind of continued putrid offense, whether 8 possessions, 10 or 12 is still PUTRID. Go look at the total amount of points put out in SB 42 or in recent postseason games.

The D should not have such continued pressure on them over and over and over like this. It has got to stop.

The putrid D puts the pressure on them selves.  32 minutes on the field was the direct result of no turn overs, no 3 & outs, enormous amounts of first downs given and a putrid amount or 3rd down stops, no rz stops, no pressures, stupid penalties and a ridiculous amount of completions for 20+ yards and a freaken 75% completion stat for the QB.

That is not good D in any ones book.  The absense of any or all of those things would make the O's jobs easier and more managable and under less pressure to resort to a one dimensional , throw to score quickly offense.

Less possessions means more pressure to score because they are limited in attempts.

Ball control and eating the clock O's go out the window.  You can't eat time you don't have, because the D is using it all.  You want high scores, you need possessions.  Case closed.

You lose again!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

OMG. You are looney.

Fact!

You, TripleOg, Babe, Mt Hurl, RKarp, etc are the main 5 who continue to try to ruin this board. Get over it.  Brady and the offense MUST BE BETTER.  The D too, but MOSTLY the offense.

That kind of continued putrid offense, whether 8 possessions, 10 or 12 is still PUTRID. Go look at the total amount of points put out in SB 42 or in recent postseason games.

The D should not have such continued pressure on them over and over and over like this. It has got to stop.

The putrid D puts the pressure on them selves.  32 minutes on the field was the direct result of no turn overs, no 3 & outs, enormous amounts of first downs given and a putrid amount or 3rd down stops, no rz stops, no pressures, stupid penalties and a ridiculous amount of completions for 20+ yards and a freaken 75% completion stat for the QB.

That is not good D in any ones book.  The absense of any or all of those things would make the O's jobs easier and more managable and under less pressure to resort to a one dimensional , throw to score quickly offense.

Less possessions means more pressure to score because they are limited in attempts.

Ball control and eating the clock O's go out the window.  You can't eat time you don't have, because the D is using it all.  You want high scores, you need possessions.  Case closed.

You lose again!

TOP stat being slanted was a direct result of the Safety to start the game, a POSTSEASON RECORD, to lose that possession.  That's for starters. That's at least 2 minutes of clock depending what they would have done on that drive. Thanks, Tom.  Glad to see you were awake to start the game.

The INT to start the 4th qtr dropped another possesion short of doing anything and resting the D. Thanks, Tom, again. A 17-15 game, the D battling...Thanks, Tom.

The final diasaster was the high throw/drop to the wide open Welker. Just stop with the lying. All of these plays have nothing to do with our D. Vince Wilfork isn't a TE on this team or a WR.

The gameplan to keep the Giants to FGs in the second half was genius, 75% compl rate or not. It's about points allowed, not a QBs stats, as we unfortunately know all too well, don't we?

LEARN THE GAME.

There were also other post season records.

Longest td in sb history as a result of the constant field position the O was put in from the D not being able to make a stop in gints territory.

Also 16 completions in a row  by TB was a record.

The O is responsible for their own ToP.  The D is responsible for theirs.  4.75 minute average D Top is the cause of the low possessions and nothing else.  The average is 2.5 not 4.75.  If they got off the field in even close to the average, the game changes, 8 possessions become 12 or more.  IT IS THEIR JOB TO GET OFF THE FIELD and give the ball back to the O.

There are only two ways to get more possessions.  The D either has to shorten their Top on the field or the O has to shorten theirs.  (or they both have to average < than2.5 minutes) The O was basically FORCED to shorten theirs because of the gross overage of the D.  Still the O averaged a better than 2.5 minutes per possession.....

The D sucked the life out of the game.  4.75 compared to 2.5  PFFFT   No disputing that!

Which is ideal?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

OMG. You are looney.

Fact!

You lose again!

Tap out Rusty..  you are done

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if there was ever any doubt who the instigators were on this board as far as the offense vs defense arguments go, it has been answered by this thread.

just look at the title of this thread, if that isnt instigating than i dont know what is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

if there was ever any doubt who the instigators were on this board as far as the offense vs defense arguments go, it has been answered by this thread.

just look at the title of this thread, if that isnt instigating than i dont know what is.

hey Russ hope ur day is going well

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

What a load of crap.....if you can't see Crusty as being a problem here jumping down everyones throat for disagreeing with him then you are beyond help. Every single thread turns into the same old pissing contest....and crusty is right in the middle of it EVERY SINGLE TIME.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

baited..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

What a load of crap.....if you can't see Crusty as being a problem here jumping down everyones throat for disagreeing with him then you are beyond help. Every single thread turns into the same old pissing contest....and crusty is right in the middle of it EVERY SINGLE TIME.

i see that rusty likes to argue with people, but a lot of it is started by babe or someone else like him....what do you expect to see in a thread like this?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

i see that rusty likes to argue with people, but a lot of it is started by babe or someone else like him....what do you expect to see in a thread like this?

oh stop it! enough of ur intelligence insulting enabling and blind eye nonsense

rusty is the only common denominator involved in every argument-period. no one else here comes close to the name calling, personal attacks and arrogance and almost always they are unprovoked and started by him only-oh wait he's only been banned 12 times because it's everyone elses fault

starts a Flacco thread and calls him "Frankenstein" but no he never starts trouble here

personally i would pay good money to see him say that to flacco's face so flacco could pile drive his face into the ground like he needs

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Babe is not in one single post on this thread, yet it has gone on for three pages of fighting. Personally I've never got into an argument with anyone but rusty...most people fall into that catergory. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Babe is not in one single post on this thread, yet it has gone on for three pages of fighting. Personally I've never got into an argument with anyone but rusty...most people fall into that catergory. 

Amen Hurl!

doesn't matter if Rusto murdered RSF's mother he would just say "she deserved it"