Calvin Johnson signaling he wants out.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Andre Johnson signaling he wants out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/13/andre-johnson-wonders-aloud-about-texans-future/" rel="nofollow">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/13/andre-johnson-wonders-aloud-about-texans-future/" rel="nofollow">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/13/andre-johnson-wonders-aloud-about-texans-future/

Wow what a blockbuster trade it would be if the Patriots could pull that off!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Calvin Johnson signaling he wants out.

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/13/andre-johnson-wonders-aloud-about-texans-future/" rel="nofollow">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/13/andre-johnson-wonders-aloud-about-texans-future/" rel="nofollow">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/13/andre-johnson-wonders-aloud-about-texans-future/

Wow what a blockbuster trade it would be if the Patriots could pull that off!!!!

[/QUOTE]

It would be pretty much cost prohibitive, both in terms of draft choices and salary cap.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

isn't he worth next year's first round pick, plus some others,  Mallett and a restructured contract, could make it happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

and yes It's Andre, can't correct headline.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

this place still stinks and is harder to use than ever,  when are they going to get it done!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Unless you like the RS I honestly think they do not care...you can be sure if they make a fix it will be to the threads over there first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Would I love to see us get this guy? Yes. Do I think it will happen without bankrupting this team in cap and picks? No.

Some other team will pay the price before we do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

this place still stinks and is harder to use than ever,  when are they going to get it done!

There's hope negame. At least now we can see who starts a thread.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

repeat

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I know that Beta release is trial, error and work the kinks out, but how long does it take??!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Normally in software development, Beta means you are testing. You DO NOT put in front of the actual public to test and use. You have a controlled group of people who actually know what the product is supposed to be and do, and they tell you where they find issues. When all, or at least most, of the issues are resolved, you then go live and allow the public to use it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I understand he's still extremely productive but he's 32 turning 33 with $28mil in base over the next 3 years. I wonder how much it would actually take to get him. Highly doubt a 1st or even a 2nd given age and contract

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unless you like the RS I honestly think they do not care...you can be sure if they make a fix it will be to the threads over there first.

[/QUOTE]

They haven't fixed a da** thing about the Sox pages.  Not one thing.  It's worse than it used to be. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Normally in software development, Beta means you are testing. You DO NOT put in front of the actual public to test and use. You have a controlled group of people who actually know what the product is supposed to be and do, and they tell you where they find issues. When all, or at least most, of the issues are resolved, you then go live and allow the public to use it.

[/QUOTE]

AMEN BROTHER!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Would love to see Andre Johnson here!   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Problem with most of these 'dreams' is that the typical big contract that gets signed has a) a huge signing bonus that gets prorated, but if the player is traded hits the original team in a lump sum dead money cap hit the next year, and b) the last couple of years are huge money (not guaranteed) to make the total contract look great on paper.

A) make it almost prohibitive to trade a star until the last year of his contract for the trading team. And the team getting the player has to be able to pre negotiate the next contract - never easy - on top of giving up good value on return.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Amendola and Mallet for Johnson

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

YES PLEASE!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

YES PLEASE!

[/QUOTE]

oh god, that's a pipe dream.

However, hell yeah I would want Andre Johnson on this team, but it would't make any sense financially or with draft picks needed to be traded. It seems like we are going into this season with the same offensive weapons as last year, which is a whole other topic to lament about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

A nice thought but I can't envision a scenario where it would actually happen. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mia76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Problem with most of these 'dreams' is that the typical big contract that gets signed has a) a huge signing bonus that gets prorated, but if the player is traded hits the original team in a lump sum dead money cap hit the next year, and b) the last couple of years are huge money (not guaranteed) to make the total contract look great on paper.

A) make it almost prohibitive to trade a star until the last year of his contract for the trading team. And the team getting the player has to be able to pre negotiate the next contract - never easy - on top of giving up good value on return.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Normally I'd agree but Hou has space to handle the dead money this year and since they are in a rebuilding year this would actually be a good year to trade if him they want to to free up almost $29mil over the next couple years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

33 years old... Big contract... Injury issues.        PASS

Always Right.....at least in my mind

Sections
Shortcuts