camcorder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

camcorder

If going to a pats game whats a good one to get.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: camcorder

In Response to camcorder:
    [QUOTE] If going to a pats game whats a good one to get.
    Posted by helterskelter[/QUOTE]

Tough question.  Unless you have real good seats there isn't much of a point of trying to get decent field footage. Consumer video equipment does't have that kind of lens that you need. Even the top consumer HD ones only have a 25X max lens and digital zoom is a joke so ignore it as a reason for picking a brand.

Besides the more you zoom in the worse the slightest camera movement shakes the image. You could try using a monopod but what happens when everyone stands?

I hate to be negative but if this one game is your only reason for owning one I wouldn't bother. Otherwise I've always found C-Net  http://www.cnet.com/1770-5_1-0.html?query=camcorders&tag=srch to be good source of unbiased consumer electronics reviews. Keep an eye towards how you're going to store and playback your video as well as the amount of recording time you want.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Cam Newton can probably help you out. He has connections.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Matt Walsh has a used one. Needs a new memory card.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

Every home game should be "bring your camcorder day." That would freak out the opposition. Camcorders focused in on them from every direction and angle...who has the "live" one??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

As far as brands go I would do some research if I were you. However I would recommend getting a Hard Disk Drive one and High Def if its in your budget. I have JVC Everio HDD (not high def) and am happy with it. It's much easier to get your video onto the computer and you don't have to worry about using mini-dv tapes or the discs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

You could buy a Digital Camera with video recording options

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: camcorder:
    [QUOTE]I'd go with the one called FOX or NBC. They have multiple zoom angles and it won't matter where your seats are.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

I have this rule. If the players are going to look smaller from my potential seat than the are on my TV I stay home. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: camcorder:
    [QUOTE]In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3acb8567d7-d11c-4641-b36c-3dc0263c4227&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:cb8567d7-d11c-4641-b36c-3dc0263c4227Post:748d5614-5ef2-4457-a0a5-3247ce3f558d " /> Re: camcorder : There's nothing like going to the game, you can never get the electricity a game gives you watching it home but.......if you want to record it why wouldn't you just hit record on your remote and get supreme coverage and comentary from professionals? The last thing you want to do is have a camcorder glued to your face at the game. How would you even carry two beers, a sausage and some popcorn when you have a camcorder? I'll go you one better, you could go to the game while it's recording
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Good point. Because I work in the video business people used to always hand me a camcorder at weddings and ask if I'd tape their receptions. It used to ppiss me off for exactly the reasons you said. Having your attention focussed on the image you're recording excludes you from enjoying the rest of the atmosphere. I solved my problem by taping a half hour while holding the camera upside down but not telling anyone. No one ever asked me again.

As for electricity....I've had great seats and I've had nosebleed seats and at least for me the electricty turns off when I have to spend half my time watching the big screen to figure out what just happened on the last play.

Sections
Shortcuts