Cameron Gordon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Cameron Gordon

Has anybody seen this guy play?  I just watch them film on him and came away pretty impressed.  He looks like he possesses Good speed and coverage skills.  I'm not saying he's a lock to make the roster or anything like that, but I do think he has a chance if you can put together a decent training camp.  He looks like he could develop into a depth player who could be useful in some packages.  Not a bad  UDFA to have a look at.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Cameron Gordon

I was reading yesterday he received the biggest signing bonus.  Might not mean much but could be an idication he was valued udfa pats wanted in camp.

I think he and Morris have a good chance to stick.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

They could due to our lack of LB depth.  Both have nice upside.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Has anybody seen this guy play?  I just watch them film on him and came away pretty impressed.  He looks like he possesses Good speed and coverage skills.  I'm not saying he's a lock to make the roster or anything like that, but I do think he has a chance if you can put together a decent training camp.  He looks like he could develop into a depth player who could be useful in some packages.  Not a bad  UDFA to have a look at.

Its been a while since we found Gary Guyton and Nothing was done in offseason to address the loss of Spikes/Fletcher (outside of some special team guy) so to me THIS is the year I would say he has a chance to make the team. When I looked at his measurables, its clear they want to see if he can be a coverage type player which will allow them to be more flexible w/Collins and use in the pass rush and other things. 

I havent seen any film of him but Im rooting for him to make the team as well as Asa Watson who could try and replace A.H. as a move TE. The MSU kid, I found nothing on and he is more likely a longshot and camp body but you never know....once they are all here, who knows who will impress.

I feel the only other things to do is get a veteran, traditional TE after June 1st cuts to play when Gronk is out and possibly another veteran swing interior lineman and a backup LB for insurance in case Gordon doesnt work out. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah Mike Reise just confirmed that Gordon received the largest signing bonus out of any undrafted free agent that the patriots signed.  There must've been quite a bit of competition for him from other teams.  I really like his skill set.  Let's hope he can stay healthy and carve out a niche in New England.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Its been a while since we found Gary Guyton and Nothing was done in offseason to address the loss of Spikes/Fletcher (outside of some special team guy) so to me THIS is the year I would say he has a chance to make the team. When I looked at his measurables, its clear they want to see if he can be a coverage type player which will allow them to be more flexible w/Collins and use in the pass rush and other things. 

I havent seen any film of him but Im rooting for him to make the team as well as Asa Watson who could try and replace A.H. as a move TE. The MSU kid, I found nothing on and he is more likely a longshot and camp body but you never know....once they are all here, who knows who will impress.

I feel the only other things to do is get a veteran, traditional TE after June 1st cuts to play when Gronk is out and possibly another veteran swing interior lineman and a backup LB for insurance in case Gordon doesnt work out. 

For a guy his size he runs a pedestrian 40...4.82 or so. He got beat repeatedly covering TE's in college so I wouldn't look at him as a Collins type coverage LB. he plays best when the play is developing in front of him, not a good backpedal. He has decent blitz ability, and is a decent tackler. 

He could be the hybrid LB/SS BB likes. He converted to LB after starting off being recruited to play WR at Michigan,then being converted to safety. Be interesting to see if he sticks and who he might bump..ala Chung, ebner, etc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

For a guy his size he runs a pedestrian 40...4.82 or so. He got beat repeatedly covering TE's in college so I wouldn't look at him as a Collins type coverage LB. he plays best when the play is developing in front of him, not a good backpedal. He has decent blitz ability, and is a decent tackler. 

He could be the hybrid LB/SS BB likes. He converted to LB after starting off being recruited to play WR at Michigan,then being converted to safety. Be interesting to see if he sticks and who he might bump..ala Chung, ebner, etc.

Wow, 4.8 huh?  Thx for the info. I haven't watched him. Just made an assumption based on his size. Doesn't bode well if he is smaller AND slow. I would like to see his 3 cone drill #s. In any event, most undrafted guys are longshots. We usually retain one. To me, if you have multiple guys make the team, something is wrong as your drafted Players should be better than walk on players.  There are a few players who I would not miss who could probably be upgraded like Beahuarnis, Armstead, Tavon Wilson, Connolly, Vellano, Collie,

The Jamea Thomas kid has a chance to replace Slater as the new Ace. He would present better value with a rookie contract(6th round) and ability to play in sub packages. To be honest, J.T. is the most UDFA we have. I think he makes the team and is playing in sub packages by mid year. Its not that he is THAT good, but our safeties have been THAT bad. He is better than Harmon and Wilson IMO and maybe better than Chung as well. He can play CB or S but I see his immediate impact in sub packages playing the slot where he can use his blitzing skills to come off the edge. I really like the potential of J.T. I think he WILL do what BB thought Tavon was gonna do for us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I wouldn't be too impressed by the highest amount of bonus money...the guy who was paid a lot more  than anyone else as a  priority FA last year ended up being cut.

Gordon was a Receiver/LB as a highly sought after recruit out of HS, where he ran a 4.6/40 and weighed @ 200. I think his pro day workout was in the 4.7 range, but 4.8 is entirely likely as well but he's now at almost 240 pounds which might account for the marginal loss of speed over time. In any event, he's an undrafted FA on a team desperate for LB depth. He could make the squad, but the kid from Iowa has a far greater chance to make the club IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

I wouldn't be too impressed by the highest amount of bonus money...the guy who was paid a lot more  than anyone else as a  priority FA last year ended up being cut.

Gordon was a Receiver/LB as a highly sought after recruit out of HS, where he ran a 4.6/40 and weighed @ 200. I think his pro day workout was in the 4.7 range, but 4.8 is entirely likely as well but he's now at almost 240 pounds which might account for the marginal loss of speed over time. In any event, he's an undrafted FA on a team desperate for LB depth. He could make the squad, but the kid from Iowa has a far greater chance to make the club IMO.

Agreed. If all things are equal in measurables, Effort is the determining factor and the Iowa kid seems like an overachieving, effort guy who plays all out every play.

Sections
Shortcuts