First, Adrian Peterson would be my pick for MVP. That being said, I think Rodgers was the most valuable QB. Here's why:
1. Better TD:INT ratio than Brady and Peyton. When Brady was under serious consideration, his low number of INT's was the number that stood out the most. Rodgers has as less INTs than Peyton and is tied with Brady, he's also thrown more TDs than either.
2. Rodger's has had the toughest schedule of the three. Hebeat to the Texans, as Brady did, and lost to the 49ers and Seahawks, as Brady did as well. He lost to Indy but beat Arizona...so he shares the same record as common opponents with Brady.
3. Three of his top weapons (Nelson, Jennings, and Cobb) have all missed at least one game, with Jordy and Jennings missing 4 and 8 respectively. He also lost his starting rb and has had virtually no help from the run game all season.
4. His Oline is just dreadful. Yeah, he holds on to the ball a bit too long, but his oline is far worse than what NE or DEN have.
5. On paper, I still think GB has the best defense of the three. Statistically, it's the worse in terms of points per game. That defense also lost its two best players, Matthews and Woodson, for 4 and 9 games respectively.
6. If not for a Fail Mary call, Rodgers has the same record as Brady and the Pack earn the bye.
Everyone on these boards thinks the awards should go to Brady or Peterson. Everyone else outside of thinks it should go to Manning or Peterson.
MVP has no bearing on who wins the Super Bowl and I'm sure the players could care less while theyre still competeting, but regardless, I'd like to see the right guy win it.
I think AP should get it because it's harder to carry a team as a rb than it is to do it as a QB. I do not believe him coming back from a torn ACL has any bearing on an award that only judges you by what you do during the 2012 regular season. Also hate it when people bring up the fact that Manning came back from neck surgeries and a year out of football. That's what comeback player of the year is for. If AP does not win the award, I think it should be Rodgers. Just one man's opinion. I'd like to hear an argument for Brady or Manning if anyone has one to offer.