Can anyone explain to me why Rodgers does not get more MVP love?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Can anyone explain to me why Rodgers does not get more MVP love?

In response to FLY2K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Patriots have a running game the Packers don't. If the Patriots didn't run the ball Brady would have more TD's and yards.

[/QUOTE] FACT!  Pats had 25 rushing TDs to the Packers 9!!  Yet, Brady was only 5 TDs behind Rodgers for TD passes.  The Broncos only had 12 rushing TDs, and this for a team who is supposed to have a rushing attack.  Goes to show how Manning and Rodgers like to play it when close in the red zone, get the TD glory with a pass versus handing if off to an RB.  Pads their stats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

For those that considered the AFC South weak, did you know that since the creation of 4 divisions, the AFC South has sent more teams to the playoffs than all divisions but the North. 

Some may complain about the year Brady was hurt - if so, we take out that year and Manning's year.  Then the AFC South has sent more teams to the playoffs than any division in the AFC. 

Not such a weak division. 

[/QUOTE]

How many SB winners in that time?    You would think with the multitude of PO teams, they would win more than once.

How many one and dones from that division?  lol

[/QUOTE]
    That's not the point, but I'll give you points for trying to change the subject.  

[/QUOTE]

Not changing the subject at all.  What is the ultimate goal of getting into the play-offs?

8 one and dones since 2002 ='s week division.  Who was responsible for the majority of those one & dones?  The same person who was responsible for the majority all those weak play-off performances, although plentiful.

[/QUOTE]

Again that's not the point.  Someone suggested that the AFC South was a weak division and part of the reason for Manning's success.  If, in the years Manning played more teams from his division went to the playoffs than any other division then that turn the weak division argument on its head. 

How do one & done's = a weak division? 

[/QUOTE]

?????? How do the most one & dones by far NOT = a weak division.??????

That fact that one team accounted for most of the play-off teams in that division and that they could't advance, seems to support weak division.

They won a weak division and couldn't advance, pure and simple.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Because he's not named Manning.  Manning has not had the best passer rating since 2006 when he was playing with possibly the most gifted offense in NFL history loaded with first rounders at every position and two HOF WR's.  He's the only QB to win MVP without the best passer rating the last 20 years besides Favre and he's done it now 3 times of his 4.

Since then Brady's led twice, and Rodgers twice but the average uninformed fan just believes what the media tells them, and they believe Manning has been the leading QB for the last 6 years despite all evidence.  Doesn't help that the Boston media lives to tear down its own team.

So that's it, the average fan believes Manning has been leading the NFL in every passing category with no defense for 12 years despite the fact that he's had the #1 and 2 defense and hasn't led much of anything in years.  But, no reason the facts should get in the way of a good story.

i can assure you that if the situations were reversed and Manning did what Rodgers did and vice versa then Manning would still get the award.

[/QUOTE]

Shen - you act as if Passer rating is the ONLY thing that matters.  In 03 Manning was #2 in passer rating short of McNair by 1.4 pts.  He was #1 in completion percentage; #1 in yds; #2 in TD's.  And he had a statistically worse defense. 

04 - I guess you hae no questions.

08 - I might agree, but I am not sure who else you would have given it to. 

09 - Manning led his team to an undefeated record with a rookie HC, rookie 4th and 6th rd WR's, engineered many comebacks, etc. 

There's just no more valueable player in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

Passer rating isn't the only stat.  You could use completion percentage, TD passea yards and interceptions.  Brees was better at all those things and still didn't get it.  He showed in the SB who was the MVP.

04 he deserved, a case could be made for 06 but Tomlinson was more deserving.  08 he did not deserve, 09 he did not deserve.  Manning was not undefeated in 2009.  Having only 1 HOF 1st round WR and 1 1st round TE, and 1 1st round RB to throw to may have been the hardest year Manning ever had but most every other QB in NFL history has dealt with greater obstacles through their career.  Most QBs never even have players that good.  Hell, right now Brady is throwing to an UDFA, a 4th rounder, a 2nd round TE, a 5th round TE, and a 3rd round RB.  Not a single 1st rounder.  I guess since he's managed to be 3rd in passer rating like Manning by your logic he should be the MVP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

For those that considered the AFC South weak, did you know that since the creation of 4 divisions, the AFC South has sent more teams to the playoffs than all divisions but the North. 

Some may complain about the year Brady was hurt - if so, we take out that year and Manning's year.  Then the AFC South has sent more teams to the playoffs than any division in the AFC. 

Not such a weak division. 

[/QUOTE]Yes, and it is the Patriots fault, too, as they decide which teams they play are to be good or bad!  The excuses we see here about the Pats and who they play, sheesh!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

PS - this is a Pats board, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PS - this is a Pats board, right?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but does not mean we have to be oblivious about the other 31 teams in the league. I happen to enjoy talking about other teams every once and a while. It's also been two weeks since they last played, need other things to talk about :)