Can anyone really make a case for Arrington taking a roster spot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Can anyone really make a case for Arrington taking a roster spot?

I know there are a few apologists out there but come on.  The guy absolutely sucks And don't give me this nickel chit either.  The guy has blown 2 games this year and tried his best to blow today's.  What a mistake giving this shlub a contract.  Cut him and move on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Re: Can anyone really make a case for Arrington taking a roster spot?

Or getting a 16 million dollars contract !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Watch last week's game.  He did a great job limiting Welker.  That's why he is here.  I agree that he is terrible when playing on the perimeter, but injuries force him out there occasionally.  I'll take him in the slot, though.  Yeah, he's probably overpaid.  I won't argue that, but if he stays in the slot he does help our defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Once again...you get him on the outside, in space, and he's clueless. Keep him inside and on ST...his money don't worry me none...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Legit terrible contract extension.  Absolutely horrible.  And what is even worse is when he goes out Cole goes in.  He isn't any better, get him out of there too.  Two wrongs don't make a right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Why do you stop following a WR....a simple question no?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

Arrington seems to have more memorable 'damaging' plays (think Super Bowl) than 'good' ones ... but not sure if we are better off without him, given injuries / experience in rest of the defensive backfield. He is clearly overpaid but the Patriots have a track record of spending cheap or spending poorly every so often.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Watch last week's game.  He did a great job limiting Welker.  That's why he is here.  I agree that he is terrible when playing on the perimeter, but injuries force him out there occasionally.  I'll take him in the slot, though.  Yeah, he's probably overpaid.  I won't argue that, but if he stays in the slot he does help our defense.

Um, I think Denvers game plan was to run the ball, wouldn't you say that? They had like 280 yards rushing.  Manning didn't throw well, I think the TE  had 5 receptions, Welker and two others had 4 i believe.  I don't think it was Arrington having a good game as much as it was Denvers game plan.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Um, I think Denvers game plan was to run the ball, wouldn't you say that? They had like 280 yards rushing.  Manning didn't throw well, I think the TE  had 5 receptions, Welker and two others had 4 i believe.  I don't think it was Arrington having a good game as much as it was Denvers game plan.

Stop making sense TFB.  By the way Rusty's favorite QB just threw an int in the end zone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

He's not bad on the inside, as someone pointed out the game last week on WW.

He lost the ball when he turned his head.  Who would you rather have as a 3rd corner?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Arrington has his place no doubt, but in open space Rusty he has failed very badly. Keep him where he plays well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

With Dennard and Logan/Ryan out, what do you expect? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

needs to be cut at seasons end. We have to hang on to him due to injuries

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to teegee's comment:

With Dennard and Logan/Ryan out, what do you expect? 

julian edelman. probably better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Stop making sense TFB.  By the way Rusty's favorite QB just threw an int in the end zone.

LOL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

He covers the Slot Reciever, that is his strong point. Not an outside guy, so Coach made mistake.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Arrington is a slot cover corner.  He is also effective as a zone corner.  Did he get burned today?  He did - playing out of position.  He'll be on the 53 man roster until BB says otherwise. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

He covers the Slot Reciever, that is his strong point. Not an outside guy, so Coach made mistake.

I think BB felt it was a good game to give certain players a good work out. He gave Hightower a chance as well and the results looked about the same. His gap coverage was nonexistent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

I think BB felt it was a good game to give certain players a good work out. He gave Hightower a chance as well and the results looked about the same. His gap coverage was nonexistent.

Agree, he has no Emotion, plays scared.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

more like that was the patriots plan. they forced denver to run and did a good job taking away the pass when denver threw. arrington was all over welker. 

i agree that he isnt good outside but hes decent in the slot. we have seen it all year. hopefully dennard is back healthy for the playoffs

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I don't think anyone needs to make a case for him having a roster spot as a slot corner.

Outside corner?  I hope I don't ever see him there again.

Every time he plays outside he gets burned at least once a game for big yards or a TD.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

I don't think anyone needs to make a case for him having a roster spot as a slot corner.

Outside corner?  I hope I don't ever see him there again.

Every time he plays outside he gets burned at least once a game for big yards or a TD.

Or a huge PI penalty.

Sections
Shortcuts