Can anyone really make a case for Arrington taking a roster spot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Can anyone really make a case for Arrington taking a roster spot?

bumped

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I know there are a few apologists out there but come on.  The guy absolutely sucks And don't give me this nickel chit either.  The guy has blown 2 games this year and tried his best to blow today's.  What a mistake giving this shlub a contract.  Cut him and move on.

Yo TCAL, THIS ONE'S EASY!!! You must consider that KYLE knows Wessie's moves/tricks/style BETTER than anyone in football having spent so much time covering him, one on one, in practice/camps drills (100's of times) over the years as he is our primary "Slot Corner". Arrington's worth is in being able to shut down Wessie Welker just as he did last week. That in itself is worth giving him a roster spot. IF ONLY for this reason, you keep Kyle as there is a better than average chance they meet the Donkys in the AFC Champioship game. KYLE ARRINGTON could cover Wessie in his sleep as much practice as he's had against him! We saw it recently...........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well I think if you ask Arrington to cover a blind receiver in the slot (with no legs) he'd more than hold his own, but do you really have to pay a guy what we paid him to do that? I mean BB could of found a guy for 2 million to do that..it's all about team building. 

Funny little tid bit...Steve Deossie was just on the radio admitting that the player acquisitions for this team have been BAD and that it proves just how great a coach Belichick is to have the success he's had with the talent he's brought in. For the first time in my life I agree with Steve (the drunk) Deossie.

[/QUOTE]

DeOssie has been going against BB since his son ended up on the Giants in 2011.  Not really a good source.

A Giants homer now going after BB, and he's drunk.  

[/QUOTE]

Never stopped you from trying to make a point.

sorry,but you set yourself up for that one.

[/QUOTE]

I am not drunk.    Rarely drink during the week and post during the week almost exclusively.

DeOssie is a known drunk and tool skirt chaser old man type.

[/QUOTE]

I did not say you are drunk as we speak. I am just going by what you have said in your posts. I really dont care what you do. I mean I have my vices, Im just pulling your chain because of the irony of your posts.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]

I know there are a few apologists out there but come on.  The guy absolutely sucks And don't give me this nickel chit either.  The guy has blown 2 games this year and tried his best to blow today's.  What a mistake giving this shlub a contract.  Cut him and move on.

[/QUOTE]

Arrington's never been on of my favorites, and he had a bad game at Houston. He was targeted only once for a 66-yard completion. That said, he's played above my expectations on most games, giving credence to the perception that CBs don't get noticed unless they screw up. He might have been hurt, he was in for only 15 D-snaps. He's been on the I-list earlier this season.

Overall, PFF ranks him 24th among CBs who played at least 25% of team snaps. (+6.0). That's a respectable rank since most teams have at least 3 CBs getting 25% or more snaps.

Moreover, Arrington has had 7 positive PFF game grades vs 4 negative. From a player picked up from the bargain bin, that's pretty damn good.

Chill, bro.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think anyone needs to make a case for him having a roster spot as a slot corner.

Outside corner?  I hope I don't ever see him there again.

Every time he plays outside he gets burned at least once a game for big yards or a TD.

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you on most of your post. Where I differ with you is on the need to keep him on the roster. My problem with that logic is that because of injuries he invariably winds covering on the outside and it's usually a disaster. It's something akin to keeping Ridley on the field. He makes alot of fine runs but the guy fumbles a ton and you simply can't have that in the post season. Arrington is a huge liabilty at corner yet we keep trotting him out there. How's that gonna work in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Isn't it kind of funny that the same people who feel compelled to justify every personnel judgment BB makes are here telling us Arrington is great because he shut down Welker and on another thread are telling us that BB was smart to let Welker walk because Welker is washed up? 

I just can't keep up with the convoluted logic.  

[/QUOTE]

What is your opinion of Ted Thompsons's "convoluted" defense giving up 400 yards of offense by halftime to Detroit?

Hmm? LMAO

Arrrington is a superb nickel. Superb. We all know his limitations on the perimeter.  He's too small and  not talented enough to handle top notch perimeter talent. We know this. Dennard's presence is enormous as is Talib's. We know this. I don't know why this keeps being brought up. It's old news.

Just be happy we have a nickel QB who is clearly one of the best on the interior in this league.  4 mil per is the going rate for those. Period.

You once said BB should trade a 1st for Ladarius Webb and pay him starter money (10 mil per).

You have no business talking down to anyone here, Prolate.

Ted Thompson has a .500 club at best due to lack of depth and planning ahead off the lockout, not just because Rodgers got hurt.

[/QUOTE]

I never said anything about trading for Ladarius Webb and especially about paying him that!  Where do you get these ideas? 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Isn't it kind of funny that the same people who feel compelled to justify every personnel judgment BB makes are here telling us Arrington is great because he shut down Welker and on another thread are telling us that BB was smart to let Welker walk because Welker is washed up? 

I just can't keep up with the convoluted logic.  

[/QUOTE]

What is your opinion of Ted Thompsons's "convoluted" defense giving up 400 yards of offense by halftime to Detroit?

Hmm? LMAO

Arrrington is a superb nickel. Superb. We all know his limitations on the perimeter.  He's too small and  not talented enough to handle top notch perimeter talent. We know this. Dennard's presence is enormous as is Talib's. We know this. I don't know why this keeps being brought up. It's old news.

Just be happy we have a nickel QB who is clearly one of the best on the interior in this league.  4 mil per is the going rate for those. Period.

You once said BB should trade a 1st for Ladarius Webb and pay him starter money (10 mil per).

You have no business talking down to anyone here, Prolate.

Ted Thompson has a .500 club at best due to lack of depth and planning ahead off the lockout, not just because Rodgers got hurt.

[/QUOTE]

I never said anything about trading for Ladarius Webb and especially about paying him that!  Where do you get these ideas? 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you did. I remember it vividly and was stunned. It was during the cap debates and after the 2011 AFC title game when Webb picked Brady.

I kept trying to explain it's not just giving up the valuable draft pick how Webb would command top dollar money and he's only a nickel.

It's the same old story.  Every other team has good players, but us.  That attitude around here is getting so old.

[/QUOTE]

Find the post.  I've never been banned so it's all there for the searching.  Your memory ain't right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Here you go . . . looks like you were getting confused because of some conversation you had with Pats Eng.  And you even remembered what Pats Eng was saying incorrectly. Wrong again.  Twice. 

Re: Panthers sign Mike Tolbert 4 years...

posted at 3/19/2012 1:35 PM EDT

• BassFishing
    • First: 2/27/2012
    • Last: 4/29/2013

In Response to  Re: Panthers sign Mike Tolbert 4 years...:

In Response to Re: Panthers sign Mike Tolbert 4 years... : but you are assuming he will get Aso money (which might be a poor assumption) and you are assuming Stewart wants split back money when he's already said he wants to be paid like a feature back. Given their production so far in their careers what do you think is more likely Stewart getting Foster type of money as a feature back or Webb getting Aso type of money as a starting CB? I'm thinking Stewart is more likely to get top 5 RB money then Webb is likely to get top 5 CB money this year. Now that could change next year. If Webb puts up another year like last year then his value will be top 5 CB money but not right now. That's the difference
    Posted by PatsEng

Dude, if you are giving up a high valued 1st rd pick, that means the agent will use thaat against you when it comes time to negotiate. It's not an assumption. It's a fact the agent will do that.

This means you will have to pay Webb top tier CB money which is Asamougha money. I don't want a CB here at 12-15 million per year, becayse it messes with the SB/dynasty building formula that is essentially the best way to build teams in the cap era. It's bad enough we overpaid Mankins at Guard.

You're ASSUMING they can toss a valued 1st rder for Webb and he's the next Michael Haynes or something. I don't get your infatuation with Webb.  Every year there is a CB that have a huge rise in play and the media starts babbling. I already used Tramon Williams as an example. Year before that it was Dunta Robinson. This year it will be someone else.

NO THANKS

They never play as great as that one stretch that they had.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Once again...you get him on the outside, in space, and he's clueless. Keep him inside and on ST...his money don't worry me none...

[/QUOTE]

Correct.  Uehara would suck at a starter too.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yo TCAL, THIS ONE'S EASY!!! You must consider that KYLE knows Wessie's moves/tricks/style BETTER than anyone in football having spent so much time covering him, one on one, in practice/camps drills (100's of times) over the years as he is our primary "Slot Corner". Arrington's worth is in being able to shut down Wessie Welker just as he did last week. That in itself is worth giving him a roster spot. IF ONLY for this reason, you keep Kyle as there is a better than average chance they meet the Donkys in the AFC Champioship game. KYLE ARRINGTON could cover Wessie in his sleep as much practice as he's had against him! We saw it recently...........

[/QUOTE]

My heavens you are one pathetic loser.  I don't think Crusty is this jealous over Welkie.  Arrington can't cover his own shadow, let along a 5x pro bowl player.  Your opinion reeks of someone who doesn't know much about football.  The only thing I have seen from you on this forum is following TFB12 around and trying keep up to speed with him.  You are failing because nothing you say is correct.  He owns you on here. 

Sections
Shortcuts